What Lego set did you buy today?

Drove too many miles to two very rural Walmarts...  came home with

1 8303 Demon Destroyer $1.00

1 - 6858 Catwoman Catcycle City Chase $9.00

1 - 9679 Star Wars Planet series 2 AT-ST $7.00

1- 4435 Car & Caravan $11.00 (Best Deal of the day)

I hate my area... Walmart is my only retail and they really do not clearance enough!

Found 2 LotR Black Gate sets at a Target today for $42 so I picked up both.  One box is a bit beat up, so it will get built.  I almost waited until tomorrow to see if they would get discounted further, but it's a ways from my work and getting there might have been difficult.  Also, I would have been pissed if they were gone.  This was the first time I had seen these discounted in town.  Walmart was a dud too, only 1 of 3 had any clearances going for Lego.

Going to hit up Super Target tomorrow morning to see if anything gets marked down further. 

Meijer stores are clearancing some sets for 30% off.  One store had Hobbit sets like Mirkwood Spiders, Attack of the Wargs, and Goblin King for 30% off.  They also had Ninjago: Epic Dragon Battle marked down to $89.99, some Galaxy Squad, Forest Police Station, maybe a few other City and Spongebob sets.  This Meijer also had SH Avengers: Hulk Helicarrier Breakout marked down to $37.48.  If you guys have a membership card or coupons, now might be the time to use them. I picked up 2 Helicarrier Breakouts, but they still came to just over $40 with tax.  I missed the YoYo and Amazon deal the other day, so I picked these up.

1 other Meijer had some stuff 30% off and another had bubkus marked down, zilch, nothing.  Although other stuff besides Lego was already marked for clearance.

I stopped by a few Targets today and the first one had Attack of the Wargs, Mirkwood Spiders, Vampyre Castle, other Monster Fighters, and Creator Log Cabin all marked 33% off.  I should have picked up a couple Attack of the Wargs sets, but I was waiting to see if the other Target stores had them discounted too.  They did, but only a measly 15%.

Wow nice.

I got a Tower Bridge on Ebay. Brand new, no box - $169! Box is 2$ on BL!

Dammit! I saw that, too. But I wasted time putting in a best offer instead of just pulling the trigger. I like that seller, though. She sold me a FB for 105, and it was not dropshipped. I messaged her about it, she says they use VIP points, and whatever cash they save comes off the top for their ebay listings. I thought that sounded shady (who does that?), but my legit $105 Fire Brigade says otherwise.

Anyway I'm glad you got it. Gonna build it?

Dammit! I saw that, too. But I wasted time putting in a best offer instead of just pulling the trigger. I like that seller, though. She sold me a FB for 105, and it was not dropshipped. I messaged her about it, she says they use VIP points, and whatever cash they save comes off the top for their ebay listings. I thought that sounded shady (who does that?), but my legit $105 Fire Brigade says otherwise.

Anyway I'm glad you got it. Gonna build it?

Not sure yet - I am thinking about it. I had ebay bucks too - so technically I only paid $120 for it. Doubt I am ever getting a better price on one to build. Already have 2 stored away and my wife REALLY wants one.

Found a few clearance items at the two Targets I visited today. Got 5 licensed character sets to part out (sell the minifigs to recoup most/all of the purchase price, use some parts for our customs, sell the rest of the parts on eBay and Bricklink) and one forest police station (yeah, I know, my husband rolled his eyes too  :turned:  ) to hold onto for a bit and see if anything interesting happens to it EOL. If not, at the price I paid it's still going to be profitable to part out in the end.

We'll add a few more Target stops to our book buying expedition on Saturday to see if we can find any other clearance deals.

Anyone finding anything good in Wal-Mart these days? There was nothing at all on clearance at two of mine today, but some intriguing hand-written inventory control stickers were on the shelves, making me hopeful they might be a precursor to markdowns.

Do Wal-Marts have a set "go on sale" day like Target does Thursdays?