What Lego set did you buy today?

of course.

i was lurking around minding by own business in that great sea we call the internet. then suddenly, a tornado picked me up, spun me around, and flung me to ebay.com where i saw that auction. bricknado, i tell ya

Not to be confused with the "Sharknado" on SyFy.  I haven't seen it, but have heard that it is amazing terribleness.

Picked up about a week ago, but got everything sorted out to be sold.  Purchased a Craigslist ad for $100.  Had a bunch of original '99 Star Wars, some '05 Construction sets, and some other older Dragon Knights sets.  Much other miscellaneous as well. 

Was able to complete sets 7243( Construction Site) 7248 (Digger) 7249 (XXL Crane ) as well as an old 6076 Dark Dragon's Den.  Also ended up completing about 75 figures I'll be able to sell, as well as selling about 20lbs of bulk @ $5/lb.  The lot also had a bunch of Mega Block sets that were supposed to be hard builds, like a Aircraft Carrier, not sure what to do with it.

Should be able to turn my $100 into about $300-400. 

It's just too bad the Target clearances around here have been a bit of a bust, I was looking forward to spending some of this money.

They haven't moved one box in two months, so I think I am safe.

Speaking of 'not moving', there are about six boxes or more of Daily Bugle Showdown at my Walmart that have been sitting for so long, they've collected a thick layer of dust! :laugh: There also is a single set of Attack on Weathertop there stuck for a couple of months now. I know it is the same box because of a few specifc dents and scratches. What a riot.

Speaking of 'not moving', there are about six boxes or more of Daily Bugle Showdown at my Walmart that have been sitting for so long, they've collected a thick layer of dust! :laugh: There also is a single set of Attack on Weathertop there stuck for a couple of months now. I know it is the same box because of a few specifc dents and scratches. What a riot.

The HDs I got there actually did have dust on the top. All the boxes are perfect, sealed, and glossy, like they have barely been handled. Aside from the 10 MoM, they have 11 Weathertops, but those haven't been put to clearance.....yet.

Speaking of clearance, affluence, Mines of Moria, and 1st world problems, I got to witness the soccer Mom effect first hand today.

Walked into a Target where they had one mine left on clearance at 55.98 or whatever they were. It was down to one from about 6 or so before the clearance. 8 year old kid hits the aisle with soccer Mom in tow. Kid: "Hey Mom, can I get this one? It used to be 79.99, but now it's 55.98!" Mom: "Sure, little Johnny. That must be a good price if it was 79.99 before."

Me: :dontknow:

Don't get me wrong, I could've got the set but chose not to, and everyone else has a right to buy whatever they want. Glad a kid got it and his Mom seemed cool. But it's a perfect example of why you get better deals in some areas as opposed to others. When I was a kid, my Father would've whooped my ass for even thinking about asking for something that cost that much. It better be Christmas or my birthday if he's gonna spend that kind of cheese. :blink:

• Like 3

They also had 10 boxes of Mines of Moria for 40.00 second stage, down from 54.00 from a month ago. I am waiting for a final markdown on those. They haven't moved one box in two months, so I think I am safe.

Nice deals/finds for sure.  In CAN if we even/ever see Helms Deep at $100-$120 retail it would be gone faster than ice cream on a hot day.  Mines of Moria is still sitting at $75...from $90ish for us, I'm trying to hold out for $50-$60 if there are any left by than.   

Good luck holding out for the next stage haha.  Hope no one finds your 'mecca' store for lego deals.

Yesterday was my 8th wedding anniversary so i picked up a few sets this week.  of course, they were for me and not the wife.  she received a michael kors handbag to go along with her 15 others and 40 pairs of shoes.  jesus. ...and she calls me a (lego) hoarder.  ha.

Sealed 4842 Hogwarts Castle for $175 and a complete loose one w/o box for $90 last week.

I'll post the others later.