What Lego set did you buy today?

Purchased an Epic Dragon Battle for 70 bucks plus tax from this Wholesale liquidation store which was basically just some warehouse in the back of an office suite...pretty weird but it was legit, sadly that's the only Lego set they had in the whole place. Mostly TV's DVDs, and furniture.

70 sounds like a good deal and it was but the box is pretty badly creased and slightly indented like it had one of those Wal-Mart security spider-web things on it. Ican probably open and build it then sell it for around the price I paid, or I can just hold it like my others and sell it for a bit less than the others after they go EOL and appreciate.   

Purchased an Epic Dragon Battle for 70 bucks plus tax from this Wholesale liquidation store which was basically just some warehouse in the back of an office suite...pretty weird but it was legit, sadly that's the only Lego set they had in the whole place. Mostly TV's DVDs, and furniture.

70 sounds like a good deal and it was but the box is pretty badly creased and slightly indented like it had one of those Wal-Mart security spider-web things on it. Ican probably open and build it then sell it for around the price I paid, or I can just hold it like my others and sell it for a bit less than the others after they go EOL and appreciate.   

Hold it Josh, unless you REALLY want to build it. Trust me, the box really does not make as much of a difference as sometimes is talked about here. I have sold a couple of damaged boxes for exactly the same as MISB ones were going for.

• Like 1

Spent a good portion of the day driving to different Walmarts and Targets.... literally no legos on sale at Target in the Richmond Area that I've found, however did get 6 more Weathertops for 40 bucks a pop at one Walmart, and 2 more for 20 bucks each at a different Walmart. Also picked up some Shelob Attack sets for 12 bucks and two crushed box Catwomen Catcycle Chases for 9 bucks each. The figures are at least worth that. So a fairly disappointing day considering the work I put into driving everywhere, but the Weathertops are nice I guess. 

Wal-Mart Run in nearby town:

1 - 6858 Catwoman's Catcycle $9.00

1- 4206 City - Recycling Truck - $20.00 (Reg 29.97)

1- 8638 Disney Cars 2 - Spy Jet Escape - $20.00 

Spy Jet Escape was buried under other toys and box has a little shelf wear on it. It is retired, it retailed for $49.97, so I got it and will surely at least double my money.

Recycling Truck 4206. This was the only time I've seen this one on a shelf. Not a huge savings, but since it is EOL I picked it up.

Not bad I think since I'm limited to very limited clearance sections in my area.

I didn't really buy anything today but my son turned 6 last week and he got two Speedorz, a Series 3 SW planet, Chima 70002, City 60003 and the 3-in-1 City superpack with the fire plane. That's a Lego overdose for a six-year old. He also got a Hotwheels race track and some Bakugan and Beyblade toys. We're running out of space to store his toys :-)

Guest eightbrick

I didn't really buy anything today but my son turned 6 last week and he got two Speedorz, a Series 3 SW planet, Chima 70002, City 60003 and the 3-in-1 City superpack with the fire plane. That's a Lego overdose for a six-year old. He also got a Hotwheels race track and some Bakugan and Beyblade toys. We're running out of space to store his toys :-)

That's a nice haul. Happy Birthday to your son!

Jabba's Palace for 75.00 at K-Mart....A combo of promotions;

• get 10.00 in points automatically on orders over 75.00
  • get  5.00 instantly when you use points on a purchase over 45.00 
  • 5.00 off promotion code

some points and a sale price of 98.00.   Decent enough price, plus I get the points from the purchase and 3.00 in points on a purchase over 35.00.  Gotta make every bit count, right?

Not the happiest camper as I went on a buying trip with dreams of heavily discounted LEGO as far as the eye can see.....but a 75.00 Jabba is a nice consolation price. 

• Like 1

just brought two battle at the black gate for $29.99 at Target still cant believe it.Also the lone ranger train set for $70.00 soooooo excited.

The Constitution Train Chase is on sale? Why did no one tell me of this?!  :suicide: I did see a clearance tag that was covering up a tag that read "$99.99 LR Constitutional Train Chase 79111, but thought they had moved it somewhere else. Is it retiring that fast? That's a record for TLG. Even faster than those Speedorz.

just brought two battle at the black gate for $29.99 at Target still cant believe it.Also the lone ranger train set for $70.00 soooooo excited.

What? The new LOTR line hasn't even proliferated to all of my Targets yet, and you found two for half-off? Pricing error? Barcode failure? Complete and utter incompetence on Target's employees?

Way to go, regardless!

Bought a few MBA sets today, the bigger win for me is that I donated 15 LoC speedorz starter kits to a local children's hospital. Made me feel pretty good. Still have 5 of them in case they blow up in he afterlife. We should find out soon, they are listed as call to check availability on LEGO Shop at Home.

Which MBA sets did you get? I've got the inventors set, but haven't had time to open it yet. Next I've got my eye on the micro building set. Kudos for your charity, dude. Very cool.