What Lego set did you buy today?

33 minutes ago, donbee said:

I picked up a TIE advanced for free after discounts and accumulated SYW bucks. Didn't have one. Haven't seen them 50% off yet, and everyone seems to hate it. I think it'll do well.

Who hates the TIE Advanced?  It did very well last December when it was sold out everywhere temporarily.  I flipped quite a few of them for decent profit on Amazon FBM and have been slowly restocking.  It's been hard to acquire at a steep discount, which bodes well for the secondary market price when it does retire.

• Like 2

I bought a clone turbo tank for $19.98 after tax, free shipping on Kmart.com
After my SYW office supply points stacking, $2 sweeps, and $10 off $70 surprise. Got an extra $1 in points for later. And about 6% in credit card kick backs.

Gonna QFLL this big lug. Change those points to cash.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

3 each of the entire Scooby Doo range from Amazon UK. Shame about the low buying limits but, I understand that little Johnny needs a set ;-)

For a similar price, I'd much rather buy from there than Argos.

12 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

3 each of the entire Scooby Doo range from Amazon UK. Shame about the low buying limits but, I understand that little Johnny needs a set ;-)

For a similar price, I'd much rather buy from there than Argos.

We're out of luck over here.  Amazon UK doesn't deliver to the US anymore. :(

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, Alfiepops said:

Picked up 3 Spiderman ultimate bridge sets from argos. A few box creases that you come to expect but one weights 15 grams lighter than the other two. Should I worry and what are my options?. If I return it, that would mean a 40 mile round trip.

I've sometimes had sets from Argos that have been tampered with meaning that minifigs and rare peices have been removed. They are renowned for not checking returns properly before placing back in stock which is why I no longer use them. Check the seals very carefully and look for and glue residue.

Or... As I hope in your case, that LEGO have simply included a few extra pieces in the 2 other sets.

For what you paid, can you open the lighter set and then sell it (or part out) as seals broken and contents verified?

A 40 mile round trip in the average car these days means another £40 plus parking plus time.

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

I've sometimes had sets from Argos that have been tampered with meaning that minifigs and rare peices have been removed. They are renowned for not checking returns properly before placing back in stock which is why I no longer use them. Check the seals very carefully and look for and glue residue.

Or... As I hope in your case, that LEGO have simply included a few extra pieces in the 2 other sets.

For what you paid, can you open the lighter set and then sell it (or part out) as seals broken and contents verified?

A 40 mile round trip in the average car these days means another £40 plus parking plus time.

Yeah good idea. I will open the box and verify the contents. Two seals were sloppy with gaps. Wasn't looking forward to a road trip again today.

I probably hit one of you guys up over here .... Purchased the Ecto-1 from 75828 for $24 (vehicle only) after a 20% off promo by the seller on EBay - plus got $2 in Bucks. Really just wanted the car to park next to my other Ecto-1, so this worked out great for me. Would have paid $50-$60 (incl tax, after some meager discount somewhere) if I had bought the entire set, and didn't want the figures or the bike anyways.

And posting about it as recently there were some folks questioning if people buy part-outs - well, obviously, I do :)

• Like 1