What Lego set did you buy today?

On Craigslist picked up a lot of 5 opened Alien Conquest sets with box and manuals for 60 bucks. This is great for me as I wanted to build these sets but didn't want to pay anywhere close to retail and they were already retired by the time I got back into Lego. 

I built the alien abduction set tonight. I know these sets flopped as far as investing, but I really like these sets. They seel like a homage to the old 1950's sci-fi films and the Alien minifigs are unique and "cute".

On Craigslist picked up a lot of 5 opened Alien Conquest sets with box and manuals for 60 bucks. This is great for me as I wanted to build these sets but didn't want to pay anywhere close to retail and they were already retired by the time I got back into Lego. 

I built the alien abduction set tonight. I know these sets flopped as far as investing, but I really like these sets. They seel like a homage to the old 1950's sci-fi films and the Alien minifigs are unique and "cute".

I like them too.  Reminds me of Mars Attacks!, and that's alright in my book.  I buy the loose Aliens off Bricklink for my daughter...she loves them.

Garage sale find this morning.  Approximately 40lbs of lego(and mega blok :sick: ) for $25.  Can't wait to sort through as I already saw original Jango's head and helmet, hoping to find the rest.  A bricklink store owner lives near me and buys bulk for $5/lb all day, so I'm pretty sure I've turned my $25 into at least $150 before I even start.

Garage sale find this morning.  Approximately 40lbs of lego(and mega blok :sick: ) for $25.  Can't wait to sort through as I already saw original Jango's head and helmet, hoping to find the rest.  A bricklink store owner lives near me and buys bulk for $5/lb all day, so I'm pretty sure I've turned my $25 into at least $150 before I even start.

Nice find. I hit garage sales for about 2 months, never found squat, and figured I'd rather get an extra hour sleep anyway. Glad it worked for somebody :)

• Like 1

As mentioned in another thread, I purchased a used Imperial Star Destroyer and a Slave 1 this afternoon from a kid and his Mom off Craigslist. Missed out on the Jawa Sandcrawler because I hesitated when they said it was missing some pieces and it ended up sold to someone else after they agreed to hold it for the guy.

Nice find. I hit garage sales for about 2 months, never found squat, and figured I'd rather get an extra hour sleep anyway. Glad it worked for somebody :)

List-alert.com is a man's best friend if this is something you're into.  I make sure that it hits any listings for garage sales that show "lego" or "legos" in my city.  Just had3 more yesterday.  Got to the first one at 7 in the morning, and their lego lot had already sold(person showed up at 6:30am).  Went to a 2nd that opened at 8 and picked up the lot that I purchased.  There was a 3rd near my house, but a guy needs to get to work at some point, so I missed out on that one, but I have a big enough project in front of me with this one.  Check out the site if you troll Craigslist for Lego finds.

• Like 1

2x Quinjet Aerial Battle for $40 a piece

Nice! That's what I go mine for too! I think that's going to be a good price point to make some good profit as these don't seem to have sold really well at retail. One Walmart near my house has about 35 of them on an endcap in the back of the store. All still retail.

Nice! That's what I go mine for too! I think that's going to be a good price point to make some good profit as these don't seem to have sold really well at retail. One Walmart near my house has about 35 of them on an endcap in the back of the store. All still retail.

Yeah I saw them at Walmart without price tags.  I scanned them on a whim and voila, my wallet was $87 lighter