What Lego set did you buy today?

I bought 

3 Friends Butterfly Beauty Shop 3187 for $17 each

11 Star Wars watches (6 yoda, 1 anakin, 4 D.Maul) for $4.50 each 

2 MF The Werewolf 9463 for $5 each

1 MF The Crazy Scientist and his Monster for $12 (hidden behind lots of other stuff in the lego isle.

Also found one lonely Series 7 Minifigure pack that rang up a $2. Determined it was a Tarzan once I got home.

Picked up a medium sized lot off Craigslist today. 60 pounds for $250. I saw an MTT tank (the good one), original Jabba's barge, a couple good Technic sets, and lots of small to medium Star Wars sets. I can't wait to start digging through it; I just hope I can maintain that enthusiasm through sorting the whole lot. It's my biggest score yet, and I'm a tad intimidated.

Hello all,

I am in need of some advice. I saw an ad on CL for a Harry Potter lego collection of 8 sets. The ad states these sets were used for display purposes but they are not complete (97-100% complete). The seller is asking for $150.

Set #

4707 - Hagrid's Hut
4726 - Quidditch Practice
4702 - The Final Challenge
4709 - Hogwarts Castle
4708 - Hogwarts Express
4730 - Chamber of Secrets
4729 - Dumbledore's Office
4706 - Forbidden Corridor

Is it worth getting knowing that they are incomplete? Attached is a picture of the lot.

TIA

post-14913-0-02373900-1371560265_thumb.j

Hello all,

I am in need of some advice. I saw an ad on CL for a Harry Potter lego collection of 8 sets. The ad states these sets were used for display purposes but they are not complete (97-100% complete). The seller is asking for $150.

Set #

4707 - Hagrid's Hut

4709 - Hogwarts Castle

4708 - Hogwarts Express

Is it worth getting knowing that they are incomplete? Attached is a picture of the lot.

TIA

I would do it.  I don't think you will have an issue selling it for more.  It's hard to say though.  I would actually keep it for myself.

Hello all,

Set #

4707 - Hagrid's Hut

4709 - Hogwarts Castle

4708 - Hogwarts Express

TIA

Not sure if this is on the right thread but if you buy it will be ;)

When I am buying bulk my rule normally is to take the total of the BP prices and divide by 2.

If they are not complete divide by 3 or 4 to take into account lower resale values.

This is assuming you plan to flip the sets straight away. But $150 seems to be reasonable.

Guest TabbyBoy

I just bought 2x 10237 Tower of Orthanc from Lego UK with the free Jor-El, Splinter keyring & poster. Being a big LotR fan, one to build and one to hide away for a long time.

Hello all,

Set #

4707 - Hagrid's Hut

4709 - Hogwarts Castle

4708 - Hogwarts Express

TIA

sounds like a deal to me. see if the seller has the instructions at least. then you can track which pieces are missing and get replacements from Lego. thats what i would do.

With the BOGO 50% Off from the Toys R Us EBay store the other day I bought 2 Friends Olivia's House for $49.75 each.

Today I picked up with BOGO 50% Off plus 25% off the entire purchase coupon:

1 - Star Wars: Millennium Falcon $83.46 after tax

3 - LOTR: Battle of Helm's Deep $83.46 each

2 - LOTR Attack on Weathertop (on clearance for $54.68)  ended up at $32.78 each.

$293.11 in savings off Toys R Us prices.  The LOTR: Helm's Deep and Millenium Falcon are priced competitively.  I still have a 20% and 15% off coupon to use.  I'll probably wait until Technic goes BOGO again to use the 20% off coupon.

With the BOGO 50% Off from the Toys R Us EBay store the other day I bought 2 Friends Olivia's House for $49.75 each.

Today I picked up with BOGO 50% Off plus 25% off the entire purchase coupon:

1 - Star Wars: Millennium Falcon $83.46 after tax

3 - LOTR: Battle of Helm's Deep $83.46 each

2 - LOTR Attack on Weathertop (on clearance for $54.68)  ended up at $32.78 each.

$293.11 in savings off Toys R Us prices.  The LOTR: Helm's Deep and Millenium Falcon are priced competitively.  I still have a 20% and 15% off coupon to use.  I'll probably wait until Technic goes BOGO again to use the 20% off coupon.

thats what im waiting for - i think the u400 Mercedes will be a good investment, and picked up 2 for $300 on the last BOGO sale

• Like 1

Hello all,

Set #

4707 - Hagrid's Hut

4709 - Hogwarts Castle

4708 - Hogwarts Express

TIA

Heh.. looks like we are in the same neck of the woods. I inquired about that lot last night and the seller got back to me and said it was already sold.

Heh.. looks like we are in the same neck of the woods. I inquired about that lot last night and the seller got back to me and said it was already sold.

Well...hello there neighbor. Yeah! same here, so I went out and ordered me 2 FB from Lego and 2 VC from Target. I feel much better now.