What Lego set did you buy today?

25 minutes ago, midbenne said:

Finally feel like I got a sweet deal...Got the Empire State Building for $10, which took me 10 mins to build and now joins his friends in the office. :) Then as we're arranging a place to meet up (did this deal via letgo) I asked if she had any other sets, so she said she had 2 more. Only one worth discussing. 4954 Creator Townhouse. Got that used/complete/no box for $40. $50 total and I am a happy camper. Can't wait to build that townhouse. 

20160629_121033.jpg

20160629_125220.jpg

Jealous about the Townhouse! Such a nice set!

• Like 1

@Ciglione I honestly couldn't believe it turned out to be such a great set that was offered. She sends me two random set #s, the other was just a small creator house that is maybe worth the $30 she was asking, but I didn't really like it, and have spent too much lately, the other, I just couldn't believe. I know my 6 year old will be super happy for an awesome set to build to keep our little city moving along. Finally feel like I got a win...I see all these amazing CL post wins about GBHQ for $150 NIB or 4 sets NIB worth $1000 for $100...guess it just pays to be persistent and ALWAYS ASK if they have more...I'll share some images once built but my son who turns 6 this weekend will be getting the mystery mansion and possibly a train set, so lots of building ahead! 

• Like 2

Jumped on the (final to) last day of $35 Free Shipping at LEGO Shop at Home yesterday and converted $20 in VIP points to get 50% off the 2 main new Bionicle characters: 71316 Umarak the Destroyer and 71312 Ekimu the Mask Maker - they go into the "at home LEGO Store" for later use.

With the weird state of Bionicle currently (5 new figures, but only at LEGO Shop at Home, even my LEGO Store has eliminated shelf space for Bionicle and does not carry these new ones, no other retailers carry these sets at the moment and are eliminating their Bionicle shelf space etc.) I figured I'd better jump now, and 50% off is close to my average Bionicle buy-in anyways. 71316 is on backorder until mid-July btw.

Went to grab a Technic Porsche from the Lego Store in Cleveland. Wanted to try to get another sale in under the wire on the eBay $50 for June seller fee promo. While in the store, I asked if there were any damaged box exclusives. Low and behold, they had a Porsche with a small crease on one side for 1,000 bonus VIP points. Couldn't pass that up. Already flipped the good box set, can build the damaged box set, and when my LEGO Shop at Home order shows up in 2018 I'll hold that one long term. 

• Like 3

Just ordered myself the "retail limited" exclusive lego nexo sets "70325-1 Infernox captures the Queen" and "70327-1: The King's Mech" for 62 euro to get myself: 
- Classic Knights Set
- NEXO KNIGHTS King’s Guard box 
- LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS POSTER
- Free shipping

Pretty awesome deal to my opinion :)

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 5:15 PM, exciter1 said:
My first garage sale find. 23 minifigures and one motorcycle. $0.25 each, $6 total. I left all the loose LEGO. Who is the dude on the lower right?

I'll buy one of those blue Mandorians (sp?) in the top left, if you'll drop ship it for me. I sold one on BL, but I can't find it... $0.50 ? =)

• Like 1