What Lego set did you buy today?

4 minutes ago, kiltyoneal said:

Lol ... I have no idea.  I saw it on a top shelf in the toy section of this store.  I had seen 3 of them up there several months ago.  There was one left today.  No pricing on the shelf.  Just sitting there glistening in the glow of Walmart lighting.  Oh a whim I decided to look it up on an online inventory checker.  I cried a bit when it said $12.  Grabbed the box from the top shelf and took it to a price checker.  Cried a little more when it scanned at $12.

Open and check the contents, it could be filled with hair products and dog food.

• Like 8

picked up some sets to build (except the helicarrier as we already have 1 to build w/o the box) with my son. actually, he's been building the larger sets all by himself.  making me proud.

• latest sw escape pod
  • indiana jones peril plane set (built)
  • scooby doo lighthouse (built) and haunted mansion (built)
  • New shield helicarrier set.  i opened the sealed box to verify contents (tape sealed looked off but everything is there).  did use a bunch of ebay bucks on this but the buy-in was low already.
  • 1 CMF germany soccer / football  minifigures case plus 1 set of them.
  • Architecture Trevi Fountain
  • Architecture Louvre.
  • 60050 City Trains Train Station
  • sw 75139 Battle on Takodana  (built) it's so tiny that we purchased extra 2 sets (1 w/o minifigs) to expand on a later date.

• Like 1

On June 7, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Alpinemaps said:

Huh.  I'm considering a move to Dayton (from California).  Between you and @exciter1's Walmart finds....trading sunshine for snow may not be so bad!

I'm also from So. Cal. And I traded sunshine for snow (Minnesota) but it hasn't been so kind to me as far as Lego goes.