What Lego set did you buy today?

Bought 3x 76031 (hulk buster) from Jet.com got them for 16 each after my Amex promo (and all the other promos they have to offer right now) not amazing but almost 50% off. I personally think this set will do well in the upcoming years

(if they don't use hulkbuster in any other sets in the future)

1 minute ago, Sprocket77 said:

Do you think the fountain is going to be worth enough to offset paying retail for the Mystery Machine?

Considering:

• I'm in The Netherlands and the Mystery Machine has not been sold anywhere below €30 at any time (as far as I know);
  • It's also not sold even for RRP in regular toy stores here;
  • There are currently only 6 offers on Marktplaats offering the Mystery Machine, with the lowest offer at €39,90;
  • I used some VIP points to get it cheaper from LEGO Shop at Home

I think the fountain is just icing on the top of a set that will be worth it already after EOL. :) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Haay said:

Considering:

• I'm in The Netherlands and the Mystery Machine has not been sold anywhere below €30 at any time (as far as I know);
  • It's also not sold even for RRP in regular toy stores here;
  • There are currently only 6 offers on Marktplaats offering the Mystery Machine, with the lowest offer at €39,90;
  • I used some VIP points to get it cheaper from LEGO Shop at Home

I think the fountain is just icing on the top of a set that will be worth it already after EOL. :) 

Can't argue with your logic. I haven't seen a decent discount for this yet. Was going to hold out until September for Smyths 20% sale or get it with the Christmas promos if it was still around until then.

15 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Can't argue with your logic. I haven't seen a decent discount for this yet. Was going to hold out until September for Smyths 20% sale or get it with the Christmas promos if it was still around until then.

Currently I could only buy the Mystery Machine from these vendors:

Mystery Machine opties.png

So with the VIP points used on the order, and the additional Fountain promo, there really is no better alternative for me.

Even if Amazon UK would price-match Smyths for a 20% discount, then with additional shipping costs I'm still not getting a better deal. 

On 5/31/2016 at 8:31 AM, Phil B said:

Bought 3x 42048 Technic Race Kart from Jet.com for $61.44 incl. tax and shipping. Comes out to $19.23 each before tax (36% off) after waiving returns and utilizing a 15% off coupon. These are for my educational business (easy to explain how steering and gearboxes work in this little model), will buy a few more over the next few weeks.

Price for 42048 dropped further at Jet.com - now $21.50 for 1 - bought another 3 for my business after volume savings, waiving free return, and 15% off: $17.28 each pre-tax (43% off).

Also bought 2 75040 from TRU Ebay's glut of old sets this morning - let's see if they ship.

Bought the T1 with the fountain promo today. T1 is for my personal build. Last year we have been looking for a real T3 to travel around but cancelled the project. And this is a nice alternative :derisive:

And picked up 1 box of 71014 minifigures (60X).

• Like 1

Ordered PC, PR, Ecto-1 and Mystery Machine last night from Lego Shop at Home. Wife checked the mail today and said that I had a box, forgot that I had the Fun At The Park on backorder. 2 Hours later UPS dropped off a box from Amazon, wife "Oh my gosh what did you get now!!" Just wait until next week! I think I will have to keep a good eye out on my delivery date and and suggest that she goes out to dinner with a friend while I stay at home and watch the kids!

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

• Like 3

I picked up a #70816 Benny's Spaceship and a #4477 T-16 Skyhopper both complete with boxes and some portion of a #7609 MB-01 Eagle Command Base for $55 off CL The Command Base was essentially thrown in with the deal. It's pretty valuable when complete, so hopefully it's close. 

Edited by TigerEyez

Found some fresh TRU clerance, 3 SOHs (21012) for $36 each (RRP - TRUTH), and 3 Council of Elrond (79006) for $18 each ($20 clearance - TRUTH).  

Also grabbed a High-Speed train (60051) for $60. that had been sitting on the walmart clearance shelf, at RRP, for a few weeks.  Must have just marked it down with the June funds.