What Lego set did you buy today?

I thought about picking up one of these but cashflow was against me.  I did pick up one of the limited edition Durham cathederals that came out last year.  Again there were only 500.  I think I paid £200.  I plan to hold for a year or two.  I also did well when slimbridge did a limited edition of different birds.  These type of limited edition "custom" sets seem to do quite well.

Just picked up 75105 MF on eBay for 105.99 the guy had 2 left with 2 that sold in the last hour

After I checked out, I went back to look at the auction and someone bought the other one while I was checking out

Close call, I been watching Ebay to scoop one at 30% off, check another set off my buy list

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Bread & Butter at KMart.com

75094 - Imperial Shuttle Tydirium - $99.99 - $10 coupon - $39.90 points - discount gift card = $50 after tax ($17.60 points back using $10 back coupon, bonus points, & MAX shipping)

The deals in the US are so bloody complicated i don't know how you guys do it. 

Coupons and points don't seem to have really made their way across the pond enough to affect lego buying much

• Like 2

Just now, Fenix_2k1 said:

Coupons and points don't seem to have really made their way across the pond enough to affect lego buying much

Just some of them, we do admit, KMart, Toys R Us, Meijer, Shopko, even Target can be a headache with all of their discount maneuvering. 

10 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Yeah it seems like every store has a bunch of bonus points, coupons, cashback programs, etc. I bet the average US brickpickers wallet is full of cashback cards and coupons.

18 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

And don't forget that we still have to deal with the added local/state taxes (unless you're tax-exempt and shop at stores that recognize tax-exempt status (WM and Amazon)), which are not included in the MSRP. In just the three counties surrounding me I either pay 7%, 6.75% or 6.5% tax. And if I shop online, tax rates differ (though they should be 7% as that is the local+state use tax in my county). In Europe you simply look at the price and know what you'll spend.

That's why all Americans are so good at math. (pun intended). That, and the fact that there's 12 inches to a foot, 16 ounces to a cup and 5280 feet to a mile.

• Like 1

And don't forget that we still have to deal with the added local/state taxes (unless you're tax-exempt and shop at stores that recognize tax-exempt status (WM and Amazon)), which are not included in the MSRP. In just the three counties surrounding me I either pay 7%, 6.75% or 6.5% tax. And if I shop online, tax rates differ (though they should be 7% as that is the local+state use tax in my county). In Europe you simply look at the price and know what you'll spend.

That's why all Americans are so good at math. (pun intended). That, and the fact that there's 12 inches to a foot, 16 ounces to a cup and 5280 feet to a mile.

I've said it before... my car gets two rods to the hogshead and that's the way I like it!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

just bought an open box but inner bags sealed Tower of Orthanc 10237 on eBay for $175.

good deal, right?

Great deal for your personal collection so long as the contents are all there.  This one has been a bit stale for investment purposes so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Don’t underestimate them. 10% shopping discount codes, discount gift cards, cash back/referral sites, clubcard/nectar points, cash back/point credit cards. They’re all here as well. Couple of weeks ago i picked up 40 series 15 figs from Tesco, 3for2 with a £7 off £50 spend coupon, paid with a 5% discounted gift card, raking 1.25%/2.5% back in clubcard points. Excluding any set price reduction, you should be looking to get a further 10% discount or rake back, in store (online is a bit different).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Exactly. I just buy on clearance. Here it is at Walmart. $49. Bought.