What Lego set did you buy today?

29 minutes ago, Madaboutbricks said:

Just got this cool Lego Race Kart 42048 for a total of 40% off retail-was on sale at 20% off plus I had loyalty points at my local toyshop :-) plus they threw in a free Lego Movie minifigure :-)

20160429_192830.jpg

Ordered this myself from amazon with a decent discount. 

2 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Picked up my first 75059 Sandcrawler for $86.80 from TRU.

Used $200 rewards, $5 off coupon (code:979378), and 15% gift card.

I hope you get it.  I was able to finally get a Temple of Airjitzu online.  I had 2 GBHQs and 2 Batcaves cancelled.

• Like 3

My name is Jason and this is my first post. I love Lego my entire life and recently came out of the dark ages when my 3 year old discovered them. I felt what a better way of introducing myself with a Target story of JOY & EXCITEMENT and then ended in sadness... This story takes place about 40 mins ago.

My family was asleep, so I jump in the car and drove to my local Target about 10mins. Once I got there I only had about 15 mins before they closed. Just enough time to find some Disney minifigures, I checked in a few places and nothing. As I turned the corner JOY entered my body, I found 34 of them.

Then as I was leaving a box caught the corner of my eye! I thought what it can be... The loudspeaker came on, "Target is closing in 5mins, please come to the front of the store." I looked down at the box, the outside label read GHOSTBUSTERS and a red label that "Do not open until May 1st." EXCITEMENT filled my body! I thought this is the best 15 min trip to Target ever. The box was small and rectangular, prefect for two Ecto-2. My mind raced, "It can't be them, they aren't coming out until June." Just as I started to open it a very large angry lady ripped it from my hands and scolded me about how they can't be opened until the date SADNESS filled my body. I didn't even get a chance of reading the Lego set number. I told her politely, then why was it on the floor? After a nasty look, I walked away with my 34 minifigures that were not supposed to be opened until May 1st in my basket as is eyed balled me until she couldn't see me.

Well, that is my story, I hoped at least one person enjoyed it. I'm going to head out there in the morning and let everyone know if they put them out.

Went to Rhode Island today for a CL buy:

Used complete built once 10240 Red 5 and a used complete built once10214 Tower Bridge for $250 total.  Both nice boxes included too.

Rhode Island WM:

Picked up 3x mint 75094 Tydirium Shuttles for $74 ea.

Hey! Rhode Island is mine! Ha ha. I was waiting for those ISTs to go to 50%. Nice pick up on that CL ad, I saw it yesterday, but decided it wasn't for me. Where are you located? I'll have to come raid your area sometime.

2 hours ago, Madaboutbricks said:

Nice score TheGallows :-) I have the 6211 version which I got out of storage a few months ago-have yet to make it up-what are your plans for your 2 sets?

I'll prob flip these two over the next few months, I already have my target which I got at good discount last year. Scared of a remake with this so wont be holding any of them long term.

I have a used 6211 I picked up, and actually its my next build. Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

One shuttle tydirium on line last night for $80 with double VIP points and free first order stormtrooper

Today at local stores 4 tydiriums with 2 free stormtrooper polys, 2 SW posters of one kind, 2 SW posters of another kind, double VIP points and 2 slugs. I feel like I won a mini-lottery today so....

image.jpeg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Clintonjoseph said:

Hey! Rhode Island is mine! Ha ha. I was waiting for those ISTs to go to 50%. Nice pick up on that CL ad, I saw it yesterday, but decided it wasn't for me. Where are you located? I'll have to come raid your area sometime. emoji3.png

On the Lower Cape in Eastham. My closest WM is in Falmouth so I take long day trips when I need a fix.

• Like 1