What Lego set did you buy today?

Picked up The Ghost 75053 NISB for $73 from TRU with the 20% off coupon and some discounted gift cards.

My son/daughter have gotten into SW Rebels, so I picked it up as a birthday present.  Now I'm on the lookout for a less than retail phantom to pair with it I guess.

2 minutes ago, uaford said:

Picked up The Ghost 75053 NISB for $73 from TRU with the 20% off coupon and some discounted gift cards.

My son/daughter have gotten into SW Rebels, so I picked it up as a birthday present.  Now I'm on the lookout for a less than retail phantom to pair with it I guess.

Good luck with that :)

6 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

Is that all the goodies that came in the box instead of the set? PENTHOUSE!

Yep, that's all of it. Sadly the doggie toys were gone -- just the packaging.

I was hoping you guys would spot the Penthouse. :cool: February, 1993! I can only imagine how I'd have reacted then as that being a "Lego" gift to me.

Interesting side note: the boxed weight in grams came in less than 1% off of the Price Guide weight. Note the peanuts in the ziplock bag. Someone really went to some effort to make the box set seem "right".

Edited by chrisynd
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, chrisynd said:

Bought a Ninjago #9444 Cole's Tread Assault from 2012 via eBay. 

What do you guys think of it?

IMG_9976.jpg

4 minutes ago, chrisynd said:

Yep, that's all of it. Sadly the doggie toys were gone -- just the packaging.

I was hoping you guys would spot the Penthouse. :cool: February, 1993! I can only imagine how I'd have reacted then as that being a "Lego" gift to me.

Interesting side note: the boxed weight in grams came in less than 1% off of the Price Guide weight. Note the peanuts in the ziplock bag. Someone really went to some effort to make the box set seem "right".

What idiots! Didn't they realize that the penthouse magazine alone is worth more than that set. It's a freakin collectors item for crying out loud :derisive:

• Like 1

Got the following for €315 shipped to me, so works out at about 7% off RRP.

Republic Gunship 75021

Mos Eisley Cantina 75052

The Ghost 75053

The Phantom 75048

Also, separately bought Doctor Who for €44.00

Edited by Sprocket77
Wasn't finished typing, dumb computer
  • Like 1

Hooray! For lazy customer service reps.

I went in to Target to search for Disney minifigs and found a Heartlake mall with an "as is" sticker for $13.96 and a Dolphin Cruiser with a n "as is" for $9.76. Lady at the register didn't bat an eye, despite my enthusiasm.

Also got 8x Disney minifigs for $3.39 each

And 9x polybags for $3.49 each.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, donbee said:

I went in to Target to search for Disney minifigs and found a Heartlake mall with an "as is" sticker for $13.96 and a Dolphin Cruiser with a n "as is" for $9.76. Lady at the register didn't bat an eye, despite my enthusiasm.

Nice find on the "as-is" items, but what does the CS rep have to do with this? She just had to scan the item and collect your payment - or did the sticker instruct her to do a TGI Friday's style song-and-dance routine?

Bring out the marachi band - we have a clearance buyer!

Edited by Phil B

12 minutes ago, donbee said:

What polybags did you buy?

My patience paid off today - got my 10220 VW T1 Camper Van (still missing from the collection) from EBay using Rewards Certificate and Gift Cards, and got 8% Bucks back. Total out of pocket (for the GCs which I bought during another 8% promo - see my BestBuy SNAFU): $70.92.

• Like 5