What Lego set did you buy today?

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

Sprocket's implying the sourcing of said items is questionable.

That's exactly what I'm saying, I cant think of any good reason for someone to be selling these at less than 50%. 

Even if it was a reseller who was stuck for cash they'd know that they would sell this day one for $250, never mind $180.

21 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

That's exactly what I'm saying, I cant think of any good reason for someone to be selling these at less than 50%. 

Even if it was a reseller who was stuck for cash they'd know that they would sell this day one for $250, never mind $180.

Not up to me to question where or how they obtained the sets. If that were the case then everything you bought at either a yard sale or flee market for a bargain would need to be scrutinized. They did mention needing money so maybe its a must sell condition. 

33 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

we shouldn't jump to conclusion like that. 

there are lot of sellers on ebay from whom veteran members of this forum buy and these sellers are selling same sets for below rrp with free shipping.

example kylo ren : rrp : $119,99 [ current ebay offerings $90-$99 with free shipping] what's their cost  on these? should we just say that the sources were questionable?

90-[fees: 13,50]-[shipping 10,00] = 66.50 [ they must be making some $ on those right? ]that's already 50%off RRP netted. so CL deal @ 50% i am not going to raise alarm already... but its not NORMAL. that's for sure.

Edited by newbie77

27 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Damaged box but sealed SW Imperial Assault Carrier 75106 for $71.

sealed 60080 City Space Port for $73

Used Mini Cooper (no box) for $72

Used 75094 SW Imperial Shuttle for $65

2 new Scooby Mystery Vans for $21 each 

Wow, you build quite a lot today :D

46 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Damaged box but sealed SW Imperial Assault Carrier 75106 for $71.

sealed 60080 City Space Port for $73

Used Mini Cooper (no box) for $72

Used 75094 SW Imperial Shuttle for $65

2 new Scooby Mystery Vans for $21 each 

Jaisonline:

Just a quick question on your opinion...Are you a believer in the Mystery Vans for investment or personal use? 

53 minutes ago, Kevink24 said:

Jaisonline:

Just a quick question on your opinion...Are you a believer in the Mystery Vans for investment or personal use? 

my 2 cents, it's risky but is likely a winner.  depends how long (toy story sets years to appreciate since they were greatly discounted).  we just need the sets to disappear after these types of discounts.

at least lego made a (and is making another) quality cartoon.

• Like 1