What Lego set did you buy today?

2 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I spotted those and was tempted myself but I've made enough personal buys this month. Take it you're north west based then?

Yes you are correct, I am north west based. :codemafia: Wasn't sure whether to go for it or not but woke up to a text saying they'd do the lot for £60 so I thought why not. Just opened and built the DW set the other day so I'm gonna sell this one, but Big Bang theory to keep and who knows with the figures :D 

Just picked up these on EBay for a best offer of $307 shipped. Used $14 in Ebucks to bring it to $293..Good deal?

Still in Box:
10245 Santa's Workshop
40107 Winter Skating Scene
40139 Gingerbread House

Not still in box but include instructions and sets are complete:
3677 Red-Cargo-Train
10216 Winter Village Bakery
10235 Winter Village Market
10199 Winter Village Toy Shop
7206 Fire Helicopter
5766 Log Cabin
4900 Fire Helicopter
40059 Santa's Sleigh
40034 Christmas Train
40083 Christmas Tree Truck
30028 Holiday Wreath

30009 Christmas Tree

Plus other assorted bricks and special minifigures!!!

Edited by MarleyMoose
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, uaford said:

Found this used on Wednesday for $40 (along with a used 9444 Cole's Tread Assault)...We'll see how many pieces are missing.  There were 13 sealed bags and several open ones, so it seems like most are present.  My son and I have been wanting to build an At-at and figured it would be 75054, so this was a pleasant surprise. 

At-At Lego 10178.jpg

Thrift store, CL, or garage sale?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, uaford said:

Found this used on Wednesday for $40 (along with a used 9444 Cole's Tread Assault)...We'll see how many pieces are missing.  There were 13 sealed bags and several open ones, so it seems like most are present.  My son and I have been wanting to build an At-at and figured it would be 75054, so this was a pleasant surprise. 

At-At Lego 10178.jpg

That's one hell of a find. Congrats, great build and fun to watch it walk!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahler24 said:

bought two 21020 louvres from amazon italy for 38 euros each ,wondering if i should buy more???

Louvre is 21024. €38 is a good price for Louvre from what I've seen so far but the set is very young (released Sep 15) and most comparable architecture sets have been available for at least 2-3 years or even longer. You might have to hold on to them for a while to go EOL and I think there will still be better deals along the road. I have no experience in flipping but the going price on ebay is about €40 so €38 is way too much for a quick flip.

• Like 1

Over the last couple of days for personal builds:

75873 Audi R8 LMS Ultra $10.84 (15% coupon and 15% off gift card)

30371 Knight's Cycle $4

75912 Porsche 911 GT Finish Line $34 (20% coupon, 10% TRUTH, 15% gift card)

75825 Piggy Pirate Ship $41 (20% coupon and 15% gift card)

1 x Imperial Shuttle Tydirium 75094 from Toys R Us via Click & Collect. £63.97 online price, minus a £5 voucher (just the ones you get from having an account with them) bringing it to £59. Then obviously got 2 x £10 giftcards to use with them later this month, so arguably around £39 paid in the long run in theory. Not too bad.

Probably the last of my purchases whilst the offer is on with Toys R Us. Up to £160 in giftcards now. If I can't stack them for one big purchase then I'm probably going to buy loads of £20 sets (even if I can only use one £10 voucher per transaction) like the SW Droid Escape Pod or something and stash them away.

1 x Imperial Shuttle Tydirium 75094 from Toys R Us via Click & Collect. £63.97 online price, minus a £5 voucher (just the ones you get from having an account with them) bringing it to £59. Then obviously got 2 x £10 giftcards to use with them later this month, so arguably around £39 paid in the long run in theory. Not too bad.

Probably the last of my purchases whilst the offer is on with Toys R Us. Up to £160 in giftcards now. If I can't stack them for one big purchase then I'm probably going to buy loads of £20 sets (even if I can only use one £10 voucher per transaction) like the SW Droid Escape Pod or something and stash them away.

I'm up to 12 vouchers myself. Was thinking the same approach. Focusing on Rey speeder meaning a buy in of £5 only and the carbon freezing chamber. Shame you can't stack otherwise I would've plumped for the helicarrier. Can't see myself ever getting that unless it's heavily discounted.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

I'm up to 12 vouchers myself. Was thinking the same approach. Focusing on Rey speeder meaning a buy in of £5 only and the carbon freezing chamber. Shame you can't stack otherwise I would've plumped for the helicarrier. Can't see myself ever getting that unless it's heavily discounted.

Yeah, I might grab some Carbon Freezing Chambers too, I have zero of them at the moment. Got 12 Rey's Speeders on clearance from ASDA for £7.99 each a couple of months back, which was very very lucky and one of my best finds, hopefully!

• Like 3