What Lego set did you buy today?

22 hours ago, macpro76 said:

Mr. Feeeze polys from amazon.  paid $19 each.  I think its better than having to spend $75 to get it from lego. we will see how they do. 

I seriously would have taken a look at last year's Winter Soldier for a price comparison. Odds of Mr. Freeze being better than that are slim to none. As the month gets older, the price should decrease.

Haul for last 2 weeks...

R5 from eBay with 20% off coupon meaning total of £200

From TRU in their recent sale, a SOH for £205 + £15 off due to damage (but able to swap in store) TB for £170; FM for £95, which also comes with £60 of coupons

From Tesco, 3 for 2 deals for 3 Shuttle Tydirium (already reduced to £63) and 3 Wall-E at MRRP.

From SAH during double VIP event a EV and a SC.

• Like 2

Grabbed two sets from kmart

Chima Ragoons rock flinger $28.00  -40% off clearance items --> $16.40 (Was: $29.99)

Chima legend beast (Gorilla) $9.00   -40% off clearance items --> $5.40   (Was: $9.99)

Used $11.00 in surprise SYW points

Total: $12 and some change, retail $39.99.

Probably going to lose around $11.00 at this buy in sadly....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Lord Business' Evil Lair         €60.00

Full set of Mixels Series 5     €17.91

Not sure I understand the Evil Lair purchase - is this still selling in Europe, and did you buy for investment purposes or for personal build? Asking because TLM has completely disappeared from shelves in the US (barring some KMarts, B&Ns and far-out WMs) and this set could be had for as little as $35-$40 towards the end of its lifecycle .....

33 minutes ago, wolvergeek said:

Did something for the first time ever. Bought a Chima set. On clearance at Walmart for $19 

71044 LEGO Legends of Chima Laval’s Fire Lion

I feel so ashamed of myself.

Also picking up 2 Ghosts from local B&N after membership 10% off

the mungus figure will sell for that. Good Luck unloading the rest

I broke down and bought The Maze last night, along with a Kanan Speeder Bike to get the freebie.  The more good reports that come out, the more I've been wanting The Maze.  I'll build it after work sometime and set it on my conference table for the guys to tinker with when they are in my office.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I broke down and bought The Maze last night, along with a Kanan Speeder Bike to get the freebie.  The more good reports that come out, the more I've been wanting The Maze.  I'll build it after work sometime and set it on my conference table for the guys to tinker with when they are in my office.

Gotta love superiors like you :)

I bought two imperial Hotels for 99,99 Euro each, which is 20 Euro below retail. Since its one of the three Frank Lloyd Wright sets, I'm quite positive that it will increase considerably, especially since fallingwater, albeit being a smaller set, almost doubled in price. Imho its cool looking, too.

Edited by Atlan88
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, darkhorseoflego said:

Got a used, complete with box Big Bang theory & doctor who set and 30 series 15 figures for £60 on gumtree. 

I spotted those and was tempted myself but I've made enough personal buys this month. Take it you're north west based then?