What Lego set did you buy today?

7 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

Is the bundle actually doing better than separates?  Just wondering if this is based on empirical data... or just a "nice idea".  Anyone selling bundles? How much they going for?

Quick glance at Ebay.com shows combinations going for $150-$200, 75048 Phantom alone for $40-$50, and 75053 the ghost for $100-$150. So I think it is a wash, but with the bundle you have less shipping fees so it might be slight bonus. This is based on recent sales, though 75053 seems to have increased in sale price in the last weeks (from ~$100 to $130+). Again, no in-depth analysis, just a quick glance.

Edited by Phil B

Yeah... I was just looking at the same. No real price advantage right now. And looks like bundles are selling 1 or 2 each week, whereas individual 75048 or 75053's are selling 2 or 3 a day. I'm happy to have met my target on both of these... but I wish I had bought 5 Phantoms for every 1 Ghost I have ;)

Small time here. Picked up two large PABs, plus 41066 Frozen sleigh (marked 20% off), and 76053 Gotham City Cycle Chase. Just enough to get a Mr. Freeze promo. Asked nicely and the girl gave me a second Mr. Freeze. It's always good to ask nice.

Also asked nicely at my local GameStop and got a Silver Centurion.

1st lego store today: 75102 poe's x-wing fighter for $80, got $5 back in VIP points from a coupon, regular 5% VIP points and free mr. Freeze polybag

2nd Lego store today: 2x 21021 flatiron building @ $32 each,

1x 21022 Lincoln Memorial @ $24, again, got $5 back from a coupon, 5% VIP points and mr. Freeze.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, macpro76 said:

Mr. Feeeze polys from amazon.  paid $19 each.  I think its better than having to spend $75 to get it from lego. we will see how they do. 

Damn, I'm at 8 polybags myself but spending $75 or little more to get each one, not sure what  your plan is, very few polys reach high enough numbers to be worth investing in at $20...all my sold already between $19-$32 most at $19, one at $32. I really like this one though, but again, we will have to see how exclusive Lego will decide to make it...

44 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Damn, I'm at 8 polybags myself but spending $75 or little more to get each one, not sure what  your plan is, very few polys reach high enough numbers to be worth investing in at $20...all my sold already between $19-$32 most at $19, one at $32. I really like this one though, but again, we will have to see how exclusive Lego will decide to make it...

Maybe you sold your 8 to @macpro76 for $19 :jester:

1. Took the plunge and bough two Lego Certified Professional Tyne Bridge Sets for 665 GBP shipped to the states.

2. 9498 Saesee Tin's Jedi Starfighter NISB for personal collection for $20 off the bay with some extra bucks.

3. Also picked up a used display set 9474 Battle of Helm's deep + 9471 Urak-Hai Army combo $90 off the bay with some extra bucks.

4 Additionally, I picked up a Phil and Ted's Smart Stroller on clearance and a 4Moms Breeze Playard on Amazon Warehouse Deals. Wifey and I are expecting again after an almost 9 year break. Just found out last week we are having a little girl. :phew:

Edited by Deadfraggle
  • Like 7

4 X 60095 deep Sea Exploration vessel @ $85.00 each. I just like this set, even plan on building one. Gotta get some plexiglass cut out the image of the bottom hull and set ship on the Lucite/plexiglass tint it blue and build it up about 9 to 10 inches from the bottom hull, and then build the undersea under that, like the display at Target. I am looking for one of those displays to buy. Has to be shipped to north Texas. I think it's a Hot set for later to resell, the above/below water is a problem. I don't think Lego ever made one like this.

13 minutes ago, mayor said:

4 X 60095 deep Sea Exploration vessel @ $85.00 each. I just like this set, even plan on building one. Gotta get some plexiglass cut out the image of the bottom hull and set ship on the Lucite/plexiglass tint it blue and build it up about 9 to 10 inches from the bottom hull, and then build the undersea under that, like the display at Target. I am looking for one of those displays to buy. Has to be shipped to north Texas. I think it's a Hot set for later to resell, the above/below water is a problem. I don't think Lego ever made one like this.

What store did you find them at for $85? I have been checking my Walmart but no sales on that one yet.