What Lego set did you buy today?

Bought, well, received yesterday, 60052 cargo train. It's great. I'm gonna try to weigh down the gantry Crane with some bricks though it comes off its rails too easily and then it takes special attention to put each side back on the rails again... only complaint but during play so far it hasn't stood up well with my young son. He's under 3 years old so part of it is inevitable though. (I supervise him directly with Lego, but we are buying duplo)

Thanks for reading!

Simpsons Series-2 minifig polys (x31) $1.98 each.

Local Lego Store apparently had a shipment show up from some retailer that closed in Canada, and just threw them on the shelf on clearance.  Haven't dealt in anything Simpsons - though hoping this proves to be a profitable little QFFL...???

47 minutes ago, GonzoBrick said:

Bought, well, received yesterday, 60052 cargo train. It's great. I'm gonna try to weigh down the gantry Crane with some bricks though it comes off its rails too easily and then it takes special attention to put each side back on the rails again... only complaint but during play so far it hasn't stood up well with my young son. He's under 3 years old so part of it is inevitable though. (I supervise him directly with Lego, but we are buying duplo)

Thanks for reading!

Keep up with it...my now 4 year old is building advanced sets all by himself.  I generally can't get the Lego out of his hands.  Before you know it, you'll have a builder on your hands, too.

As for what I purchased today....

Used a $12 off $30 with SYW and got:

76053 Batman Gotham City Cycle Chase
31031 Rainforest Animals

Came out to $22 for each.  31031 was priced at $12, so it was basically free.

1 minute ago, damnsanders said:

At target. Got about 25 fire Easter polybags for $1.19 and a single Olaf polybag for the same price. Also nine heartlake hot air balloons for $11.16 each. They had quite a few jungle bases but they were around $40. I passed.

DPCI is 086-14-2496.  It's already marked on sale on Target's website at $15.99.  The original RRP was $29.99, but was marked down by Lego to $19.99 a few months ago.

Good pickup!

• Like 3

Bought the Lincoln Memorial and the Flatiron Building on clearance today plus a couple Palace pet pieces for my daughter, and got the Mr. Freeze minifig.

Couple questions.

Is the Mr Freeze minifig only available during this promotion and then it is gone for good, or is it sold elsewhere and past the promotion date of the 15th?

When a Lego set is on clearance at the Lego store does that mean the set is being discontinued?

Thanks for your help!

three separate online orders: 

F40 and Mr. Freeze 

Sith Infiltrator and Mr Freeze

5 MF wookie gunships and 5 MF Ghosts and Mr Freeze

Would like to hear people's views on whether there will be any long term impact on the price of the Mr Freeze polys. Prior to the promo they were going for about £25 each. Is it worth piling in with multiple orders just to snag the poly? Was thinking that I may hold off to Apr 30 and coincide with May the 4th and get the First Order Poly as well as double Points.. .

Would like to hear people's views on whether there will be any long term impact on the price of the Mr Freeze polys. Prior to the promo they were going for about £25 each. Is it worth piling in with multiple orders just to snag the poly? Was thinking that I may hold off to Apr 30 and coincide with May the 4th and get the First Order Poly as well as double Points.. .

A lot depends on whether Lego use this as a promo elsewhere as well or even worse offer it somewhere else for sale at a later date..

A lot depends on whether Lego use this as a promo elsewhere as well or even worse offer it somewhere else for sale at a later date..

Good point and most of the recent promos have turned up for sale shortly after the promo has finished. Holding off on purchases till the Xmas holiday season is probably a better bet and also closer to inevitable retirement and not having capital tied up longer than you have assuming of course you're strategy is correct (sorry PS, T1 and TB owners)

2 hours ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Total cost: $5.24 (plus a few bucks of gas and a couple hours)961cf1ecb532ea885cbf1469a304723c.jpg

With your finds over the last month, I hold you single-handedly responsible for any drop in price of highly-coveted Iron Man related polybags ....

• Like 2

With your finds over the last month, I hold you single-handedly responsible for any drop in price of highly-coveted Iron Man related polybags ....

I'm not the one undercutting at $45 on Amazon. And I think I was just the first to find the recently uncovered warehouse sized supply of Iron Patriots.