What Lego set did you buy today?

58 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Got two Iron Patriots at Game Stop today. Codes on them were from mid 2013. So LEGO must have had a pallet or two of these and sent them on to Game Stop

When I picked up mine the girl behind the counter said they got a delayed shipment of promo items. Quite a delay indeed....

Two bulk lots on Monday. One for $60. It's about 40lbs but a pain as the kids pulled apart 98% of the figures. Arms and hands everywhere. The Lego though is pretty clean and in good used shape. I'm just picking out non Lego, figures and I've bagged up 7x 2.5+lb ziplocks so far. Off to Ebay this weekend.

The second lot is the nicer one. Lots of figures from SW, City, TLM and many more. Not sure of the weight yet but it came in an IRIS LEGO 6-Case Workstation with all the cases filled with Lego plus another bucket of Lego too. I figure at least 12+ lbs probably more of very clean bricks. The IRIS storage alone is selling at $75-100 on the bay..

• Like 1

Scored a good deal and an amazing one last night from Craigslist from two different sellers. Picked up a sealed 60097 City Square for $100 and 21016 Sungnyemun loose with box and instructions for $40!

Somewhere, some guy is telling his buddy "yup, found another sucker on Craigslist, he paid $5 dollars more than what I bought that Lego architect set for new"...

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Somewhere, some guy is telling his buddy "yup, found another sucker on Craigslist, he paid $5 dollars more than what I bought that Lego architect set for new"...

Exactly! I need to find more sellers like this. 

I actually played it cool and said to that seller "If you ever have any more Legos to sell in the future, keep my number handy. I'll most likely be interested." She said that she has some Lego train sets that she might sell later on but wants to keep them for now. We'll see. 

• Like 1

Exactly! I need to find more sellers like this. 

I actually played it cool and said to that seller "If you ever have any more Legos to sell in the future, keep my number handy. I'll most likely be interested." She said that she has some Lego train sets that she might sell later on but wants to keep them for now. We'll see. 

Probably some "old emerald night" train or something...

• Like 2

I wonder if on BP, for some 'I bought' postings, there is a number of 'I sold' postings that are about the same transaction. ;)

Ordered 5 Arctic Helicranes from ToysRUs.com and got this. Lol. 

20160330_134000.jpg

I've seen few times people posting here about ordering one thing but getting another, few times from TRU.com I think, anyway, it looks like a good strategy....money wise.....for me, people but 10197 fire brigade from me, I send them 3 key chains....lol

6 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

I wonder if on BP, for some 'I bought' postings, there is a number of 'I sold' postings that are about the same transaction. ;)

Back "in the old days," someone could tell us they were returning something to Amazon, and we could see it pop up on AWD.  That's how I got a couple of sets (most notably for me, my Arkham Asylum for build).  Someone here received from Amazon with a hole in the side, and returned it.  As soon as I saw one pop up on AWD I grabbed it and it was the same one.

• Like 1