What Lego set did you buy today?

On 22/03/2016 at 9:49 PM, Manse1001 said:

Took my son to visit our local legoland today, walked into the star wars shop and to my disbelief they had 2 x Red5 and 2 x DS sitting in their stock room!!!! Couldn't believe it!! Needless to say, they aren't sitting in there anymore!!!

Which one was that manse? That's an awesome find. 

Which one was that manse? That's an awesome find. 

Legoland in Windsor, couldn't believe it when the guy in the main shop told me to literally run to the SW shop as they had a delivery that morning and those sets were on it. He said because Legoland has obviously been closed over the winter months and only just re-opened they was distributing internal surplus stock to a few stores of sets that have recently retired (both of these sets retired in the month of December as you know) he said he could only sale me one of each so I was quick to send my wife in the shop to buy the other two straight after (raised a few eyebrows)!! What was frustrating if I held an annual Merlin pass you also get 10% off shop purchases, so food for thought in the future!! I'm was tempted to flip them all for a quick profit, could literally double my money but I think they both definitely have room for growth, especially the DS, these are selling for around £450 on eBay only months after official retirement so I think it's got more legs in it yet regardless of rumours of the new UCS starkiller base! What are your thoughts??

I was itching to use that 20% off coupon since it was the last day. Ended up with a UCS slave I for $173 out the door. My TRU had one on the shelf much to my surprise. I did get that free ninjago promo with it as well.  Also went to a local liquidation store and they had a sealed ucs tie fighter. Walked away paying $150 cash for it.

Edited by Jimivegas
  • Like 2

Did a TRUTH run on Thursday and picked up 3 42009 Mobile Crane MK II for $130 after 10% CC discount.  20% coupon did not apply since they were on sale at 40% off.  The boxes are in kind of rough shape so I hope they sell.  Also picked another crane that had a pretty much destroyed box.  The manager did a price adjustment to $99.99, before the 40% discount was applied.  So it ended up being $60.  Considering parting out or building it since the box is in such bad shape.

Also picked up:

2 60043 City Prisoner Transporter at $14.99 each

1 21301 Birds - Doing my part to get it retirement.

2 60034 City Arctic Helicrane 40% off

• Like 2

Got a 41106 Friends Popstar Tourbus for $40 at WM today. Box was utterly destroyed with popped seals, but all contents checked out fine (4 bags, 2 manuals, sticker sheet and loose tan plate). Initially considering this one as a build for my daughter, but might strip it for parts instead.

Just now, bigfanofnu said:
49 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

Police station. 60047 $39.99 shopko. Took 2, left 6 more...the struggle is real

Dang. I was trying to avoid another trip to Shopko today, but looks like I need to cruise the clearance aisle....again. I really want a couple of these at that price. 

1 hour ago, bigfanofnu said:

Dang. I was trying to avoid another trip to Shopko today, but looks like I need to cruise the clearance aisle....again. I really want a couple of these at that price. 

was going to use my $10 off $25 and the jerks took them another 50% off (were $80). Btw, the 2x battle packs are a great deal IMO for $8 each

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

was going to use my $10 off $25 and the jerks took them another 50% off (were $80). Btw, the 2x battle packs are a great deal IMO for $8 each

Last week all Lego was 20% off + $10 off $25. So I would stack 3 X Battle pack to get them down to about $7.05 ea.

Can you use your $10 off $25 on clearance?