What Lego set did you buy today?

Attack on Weathertop $18 at Target in the Lego aisle with clearance tag for $41. Hit price checker and Home Run!!! Now if I could just get the price checker to mark down Two Face chase and Hulk break out! Shout out to Kerrmando for cool idea asking Gamestop workers if they have any polybags lying around. Scored a Lex Luthor free of charge. Guy wouldn't even let me pay for it.

Shout out to Kerrmando for cool idea asking Gamestop workers if they have any polybags lying around. Scored a Lex Luthor free of charge. Guy wouldn't even let me pay for it.

This. I was able to score 5, with some roadblocks here and there. First, they aren't allowed to sell it to you. It's a free promotional item that doesn't scan. Second, even though it's an "old" promotional fig, managers 'can' use old promos as incentives for new game reserves.

After calling literally 12 or so Gamestops in my area, I was able to score three from various locations for free with no problems, and one Gamestop employee is holding one for me personally when I am in the area next.

One Gamestop manager, though, played some real hardball with me. He had three figures and claimed they were for some future promotion, even though I know the Lex Luthors were only pre-order bonuses for the LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes game from June of last year. I tried to off to put some reserves for games to get him to let me have the figures, but he still wouldn't budge. He ended up giving me one in good faith after some more back and forth, but I didn't feel good about it.

Either way, they are neat figures and great finds. Thanks again to Kerrmando.

Back to the topic, I bought two Series 10 Sea Captains after searching through a very ravaged box at a K-mart. I only bothered to feel through it because they had them erroneously on sale for 2.54.

Was making a returned at local TRU store and thought let's just take a quick peek to see anything interesting or a weird deal. Found one box of HP The Forbidden Forest. I don't have any HP sets since I started my Lego hobby in Feb/Mar this year or even watched the movies but always wanted this sets because of the 4 minifigures and wasn't expensive. Was happy to pay the $17 CAN retail price.

As much as I don't like TRU, picked up 2 Barrel Escapes today. They also had about 2 boxes worth of Series 10 in a big display, was finally able to find the Trendsetter, she had been impossible to find.

Still can't find a Medusa in my area...I refuse to pay over retail for one, though. 2.99 or bust!

Thanks for the Shoutouts Gents =) Been getting stuff for free from gamestop for ages... Yes Orc King got 456 Sealed! Waiting on 162 sealed in the mail (found it at a steal for 149) In another news, Today picked up 6268 literally MISB... I have never seen a set from 1993 that looks this good. 200 dollars hah. Also Got 8014, 2258 and 2516 for 10 bucks a pop. And 4485 for free from the same lady Got a used SSD 100% complete with box and instructions for 200 as well!

A 9470 Shelob Attcks for full RRP at the Lego Store as no where in the UK (incl Ebay) seemed to be discounting them. Walked into Tesco to do my shopping, checked the Lego isle (naturally) and they were 25% off - Doh!!!! So I bought 2 more :)

Well I haven't actually been able to buy it yet, but I may have the opportunity to get a MISB SSD for 350 straight up. If I get this it will be my biggest single investment piece...how do you guys feel about this at this time and price point? Basically this is a CL deal in which they wanted the full 400 bucks, but the listing was almost a month old and they still had it, so I offered 350. They didn't answer after that so I assumed no, but then they came back a full day later and said they are thinking about it. So I'm trying to decide if it's worth it for me. It's not a whole lot off of retail, but then again, in the short time I've been investing I haven't seen this thing go on sale, either.

Josh, I don't have one yet either. If I could get it for that price, with no tax, and a good condition box, I like it at that price. One man's opinion. And related to this thread, just picked up another 4204 The Mine from Amazon.uk for about $60 USD after shipping. Hope it's a nice as the box I just received. I like this set, very unique and a lot of playability.