What Lego set did you buy today?

10 minutes ago, solidpro17 said:

Cancelled my backordered online order when I found out they had this beauty in the back :)

image.jpeg

Couldn't find one at TRU, or is this one of those "damaged boxes so here's 1000 VIP points" kind of deal that my teeny-tiny LEGO Shop never seems to offer?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

Couldn't find one at TRU, or is this one of those "damaged boxes so here's 1000 VIP points" kind of deal that my teeny-tiny LEGO Shop never seems to offer?

Not at all sir, they had a shipment of slave 1s come in but they never put them on the shelves, so me and my brother got one for ourselves :) Boxes were in pristine condition.

Finally had time to make the 2+ hour trek to Atlanta to one of the LEGO stores for double VIP and picked up the following:

1. 10240 Creator Tower Bridge for $239. Wifey says "the Tower Bridge is mine, and I haven't built it yet. Why don't you buy the damaged box one they have today for me to build and we can save the pristine box one for a rainy day"

2. 71006 Simpson's House for $199 (I decided my recent BN Kwik-E-mart acquisition needed a friend).

I picked up an extra 1000 VIP points because the seals were loose on one flap of each box and the manager had to secure them with some extra clear tape. As they are both for personal builds, I welcome the extra $50 discount. No other box damage noted.

3. Complete set of 9 figures from Mixels series 7 for $45. I've only seen these in person at one store so far, with no discounts available. Double VIP seemed reasonable.

4. Pitates chess 40158 for $49. My boys want this this set for Easter, so wifey told me I was buying it. I know better than to argue.

5. Easter chick 40202 for $10. Wifey hands one to me and says "why don't I have one of these yet, they're cute?"  (Of course I have 5 coming in the mail Monday).

6. 3 X Ninjago KAI's mini dragon 30422 for $0.

• Like 6

Bought one MMT@87,one AT-DP@45, and one B-wing@45. Went to Dallas Legoland discover center. They have bunch of MMT/ATDP/BWings and also about 7 Brids set. One Ewok village. Also the Dallas Lego store near IKEA has Ewok village & Slave I. in case anyone is interested.

Where?!?

Opened a new ocardo account via TCB received £20 off first order + £6 cashback. Ecto1, found on Google symths were selling for £30 at some point, all sold out as usual, showed the page to a friendly check out girl at TRU, she was happy to price match!! Shuttles were via Very, again opened new account via TCB to received £14 back. Used a Amazon gift card for the Mansion using the £7 promo deal they was doing a few weeks back!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manse1001 said:

Opened a new ocardo account via TCB received £20 off first order + £6 cashback. Ecto1, found on Google symths were selling for £30 at some point, all sold out as usual, showed the page to a friendly check out girl at TRU, she was happy to price match!! Shuttles were via Very, again opened new account via TCB to received £14 back. Used a Amazon gift card for the Mansion using the £7 promo deal they was doing a few weeks back!

Id forgetten about openening accounts for the vouchers. Nicely played. Ill defintetly been trying the price match though! Thanks very much!

Went to TRU Thur & yesterday; picked up the following:

x2 Technic Cargo Plane #42025 - paid $107.99 on TRUTH for 1st (20% w/10% CC) plus tax then $101.99 for the 2nd (20% w/15% gift card) plus tax on Sat

x1 Technic Crawler Crane #42042 - paid $107.99 on TRUTH (20% w/10% CC)

x29 Bricktober 2015 sets - paid $8.98 each

Also stopped by Walmart; picked up:

x42 Various Season 4 Mixels - paid $3 each plus tax

x6 Friends Jungle Rescue Base #41038 - paid $17 each plus tax

x1 Disney Aeriel's Magical Kiss #41052 - paid $7 plus tax

x5 Elves Farran and the Crystal Hollow #41076 - paid $4 each plus tax

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

Today I purchased a Kwik-E-Mart for around 164€ from Toys'R'Us (had to buy Dribbal & Slusho, too). My excuse: @Haay made me do it! :angel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah

:lolu::lolu::lolu::lolu:

You listened to @Haay

:lol::lol::D

Wait, I'll shop laughing in a minute

:taunt::P

Used code C20Flash to get a 10248 Ferrari F40 for $87 (yes I paid tax) from Target's eBay store. Was either that one or the 10220 T1 camper - was looking at one used with box but the inexperienced seller (40 feedback) had 2 negatives so I decided to bail (plus, wasn't sure you could fit 1300+ pieces in 1 ziploc bag as per his picture). The T1 is now in sight for when TRU does a promotion to remove its insane $25 markup and then I'll use my discounted TRU GC.

... for personal collection btw.

I bought the UCS Tie Fighter, for €170, from Toys'R'Us Netherlands. Had to include 2 minifigs to make it 3 items for the discount to work. 

Later I received an email they're sold out of the Series-14 minifigs but expect a new shipment within a few weeks. Yeah, sure! :jester:

I'll patiently await another email asking me if it's okay to substitute the Series-14 minifigs (which they still have on the site!) with Series-15 minifigs. And I won't mind because it's filler anyway, just to make it a 3 items purchase.