What Lego set did you buy today?

53 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Coupon in one hand, fist in the other...?

Angrily shaking my fist seems to be about the right level of response.  

Had to content myself with a couple Kmart Mystery Machines for $24 each with Mystery Shop Your Way Rebate of either $20 or $30 in SYW rewards.  (It was showing $20, but also that a $10 bonus reward would apply).  Bought with discounted gift cards, of course.  

• Like 2

Got two free Airjitzus for my kids. If these buys don't work out as QFLL - I'll have gifts for a couple of years. I'll also pick up some packing material
Description: LEGO Bricktober Train Station 40142 
Quantity: 5 @ $9.98 -- in store pick up

Description: LEGO Ninjago Airjitzu Moro 70743 
Quantity: 1 @ $0.00 

Description: LEGO City Fire Motorcycle 6000 
Quantity: 1 @ $4.98 

Description: LEGO Friends Puppy Training 41088 
Quantity: 4 @ $3.98 

Another order - airjitzu for other kid.
LEGO Ninjao Airjitzu Jay 70740 
Quantity: 1 @ $0.00 

Description: LEGO Creator Super Racer 31002 
Quantity: 1 @ $9.98 

Description: LEGO City Fire Motorcycle 6000 
Quantity: 5 @ $4.98 

Description: LEGO Friends Little Foal 41089 
Quantity: 2 @ $3.98 

Description: LEGO Friends Puppy Training 41088 
Quantity: 2 @ $3.98 

2 hours ago, MagicShop said:

There were none in the 2 stores that i went ;)
Neither MF :(

MF as Mill. Falcon? Haven't seen one there (Jumbo) since Christmas.

I got some garbage trucks :) if you're in Lisboa area you can find some at the Cascais's store. Also some big sets, Mercedes Arocs, City Square and a big new Ninjago ship.

Just bought a slave 1 with the TRU 20% off and also got a ninjago flyer. :) Box was good other than the small marks from the straps they always put on them. Hopefully that doesn't hurt resale to much... They have another one that has a small crease on the front not sure if I should scoop it up.. What do you guys think? 

2 minutes ago, UnXpectedError said:

Just bought a slave 1 with the TRU 20% off and also got a ninjago flyer. :) Box was good other than the small marks from the straps they always put on them. Hopefully that doesn't hurt resale to much... They have another one that has a small crease on the front not sure if I should scoop it up.. What do you guys think? 

61594418.jpg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, UnXpectedError said:

Box was good other than the small marks from the straps they always put on them. Hopefully that doesn't hurt resale to much...

It's always been my opinion that only the Reseller cares about the minor wear because of fear of feedback or ratings. The End User will not care. Flame on.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Average Guy said:

It's always been my opinion that only the Reseller cares about the minor wear because of fear of feedback or ratings. The End User will not care. Flame on.

Not that I believe any normal retailer (TRU, BN, LEGO, Target, Wal*Mart) goes out of their way to ensure a well packaged item, but I cannot recall the last large box ($80 MSRP or greater) that I received from any of those retailers that did not show up with some damage.  Part of that is carelessness of the retailer.  The other part is it is very hard to package a set of UCS size and weight sufficiently that it can withstand whatever shipping abuse is handed out and arrive at the buyer in "Mint" condition. 

I would almost rather start with sets with some minimal shelfwear or damage simply because I can clearly disclose that and feed out the persnickety buyers in search of perfection.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, baschloinka said:

Not that I believe any normal retailer (TRU, BN, LEGO, Target, Wal*Mart) goes out of their way to ensure a well packaged item, but I cannot recall the last large box ($80 MSRP or greater) that I received from any of those retailers that did not show up with some damage.  Part of that is carelessness of the retailer.  The other part is it is very hard to package a set of UCS size and weight sufficiently that it can withstand whatever shipping abuse is handed out and arrive at the buyer in "Mint" condition. 

I would almost rather start with sets with some minimal shelfwear or damage simply because I can clearly disclose that and feed out the persnickety buyers in search of perfection.

I received from TRU a few days ago a 10240 X-Wing that was bent and creased in one end like it was flung across the warehouse. Little padding in the box except for a bit of padding but it was shoved all the way to one corner.

Anyone who has been to a TRU today seen that 20% off discount on Technic sets?

3 hours ago, Average Guy said:

For what it's worth, I buy retired sets all the time for more than RRP. I'm your target buyer here. You know what trumps a minty, mint box? A good sales price.

If I am searching eBay for set "X" that retailed for $199, and see twenty listings at $350 with stock photos /pictures of "perfect"'boxes and one listing at $340 with a crease, guess which one I'm buying? Even better would be a dented box for $325!

Why, because I'm already paying way over retail for the set to build, not to admire the pristine packaging. This isn't an action figure or a funko pop that I plan to leave in the box. Obviously I don't want a box that's beat all to crap, but for the right discount, I'm in. I buy damaged box exclusives for personal build all the time. 

Think about how quick the AWD get snapped up for good sets.

• Like 8

another 4 Sandcralwers ordered 2 per order came in sealed cases from walmart site-to-store minty.

ecto1s from walmart site-to-store also minty shape.

last Pet shop from target- large shipping sticker slapped on the front, shipped naked (not inside another box) and of course the box is damaged with seals popped (probably because the delivery dude set down the 2 boxes of kwik-e-marts on top).  

target is neck and neck competing with walmart for first place in "most incompetent shipping".

IMG_3284.thumb.JPG.5b1c225cb46e522328bcd

Edited by cladner

Grabbed a SoH and a S1 from Lego Store Oakridge today, both Damaged Box from their backroom. Double points plus 1500 bonus points between the two. Works out to about a "23% discount" on the SoH. Been wanting one of these since I started investing last year but could never justify the price to piece ratio. This brings it more in line for sure. Now I just need to find a giant footprint of display surface before I commit to building the sucker...! 

Not sure if I'll build this Slave 1 or keep it as investment as I only have 1 other so far... seals had popped, contents verified by store manager (spoke with him myself), resealed with packing tape.... not sure how these do on the aftermarket in this condition. If selling, would folks still recommend opening it back up and personally verifying bags, or take the store manager's word and list with said statement ("Contents verified by Lego Store manager and re-sealed.")?

7 hours ago, Deadfraggle said:

For what it's worth, I buy retired sets all the time for more than RRP. I'm your target buyer here. You know what trumps a minty, mint box? A good sales price.

If I am searching eBay for set "X" that retailed for $199, and see twenty listings at $350 with stock photos /pictures of "perfect"'boxes and one listing at $340 with a crease, guess which one I'm buying? Even better would be a dented box for $325!

Why, because I'm already paying way over retail for the set to build, not to admire the pristine packaging. This isn't an action figure or a funko pop that I plan to leave in the box. Obviously I don't want a box that's beat all to crap, but for the right discount, I'm in. I buy damaged box exclusives for personal build all the time. 

Think about how quick the AWD get snapped up for good sets.

Exactly and if someone uses the world "mint" anyone in the description I move on. Why in the world people think that matters is beyond me.  Also I have bought boxes sealed from stores like target or walmart that have minifigs gone or fake contents inside.. con artists are practiced in buying things with cash..stealing from the box and sealing it back up.  I have also bought video games with olds dvds in them that appeared sealed.   What's my point here?  Well if something has been sealed in your garage or backroom for 2 years what are my assurances a scam artist didn't empty out the box and reseal It 2 1/2 years ago???? I always try to buy listing on ebay that are open box with sealed bags so the contents have been verified. 

Got my "acceptable" condition PS from AWD today. I have to thank the inventory guy at the warehouse because short of the slight gash on the bottom right corner, it's in great shape and still sealed. Not bad for $106 shipped =)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by pete411
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cladner said:

another 4 Sandcralwers ordered 2 per order came in sealed cases from walmart site-to-store minty.

ecto1s from walmart site-to-store also minty shape.

last Pet shop from target- large shipping sticker slapped on the front, shipped naked (not inside another box) and of course the box is damaged with seals popped (probably because the delivery dude set down the 2 boxes of kwik-e-marts on top).  

target is neck and neck competing with walmart for first place in "most incompetent shipping".

IMG_3284.thumb.JPG.5b1c225cb46e522328bcd

Not as bad as my Simpson set I got today, wrapped in a plastic bag with fedex boxes on each site.. What the heck!.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1