What Lego set did you buy today?

8 hours ago, zskid00 said:

I would say that's a pretty great return on an unspectacular set that was easy to get for $15-20.

At $29 you're right though.  Not sure how high some are willing to go on the V-wing.  It will probably be a slow climber from here on out until the next one comes around.

Indeed.  If I can flip it for about $35, i'm hitting my goal of a 15% profit.  Anything above and beyond is icing on the cake 

14 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

41541 Mixels Series 5 Snoof (Blue).  Turns out I screwed up when I bought my Series 5 set, and bought two of one, and none of this one.  Oops.  Had to spend $17 for my mistake (bought it and another blue Series 5 Mixel - I'll flip the other one).

Give me your crown................

Edited by California92563

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

41541 Mixels Series 5 Snoof (Blue).  Turns out I screwed up when I bought my Series 5 set, and bought two of one, and none of this one.  Oops.  Had to spend $17 for my mistake (bought it and another blue Series 5 Mixel - I'll flip the other one).

I think my next What Lego did you buy post is going to sicken you slightly.

Full set of Series 5 Mixels €13.93 :thumbsu:

• Like 1

Bought my first two large sets (more than $75) excluding last 5 years of Star War UCS with the 10247 Ferris Wheel and 10244 Fairground Mixer both AWD deals for $159 and $122 respectively.

I love the Ferris wheel and plan on eventually getting the power functions. I may try and resell Mixer down the road, well see..

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DP112 said:

Indeed.  If I can flip it for about $35, i'm hitting my goal of a 15% profit.  Anything above and beyond is icing on the cake 

if you bought it for $29 and you sell it for $35, you are only making 15% profit if the person is your next door neighbor.

selling on ebay or amazon your fees are going to be 13-20% of the sale cost.

if you have to ship it, that set is going to be about  $8-10 to ship. assume you are going to have to pay it.

in order for you to make $3-4 off that set ignoring the cost of gasoline and assuming you got a free box, you need to sell it for $50.  

i'm assuming you already have a scale to weigh the box.

50 - 13% = 43.5 - $9 shipping = 34.50 - you paid $29 assuming no tax.

you are losing money if you sell it on amazon or ebay for anything under $45.

V-wing was ok  money maker if you got some at 15-18 and sold at $45.  

at $29 buyin, i just don't see any meat left on the bone.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cladner said:

if you bought it for $29 and you sell it for $35, you are only making 15% profit if the person is your next door neighbor.

selling on ebay or amazon your fees are going to be 13-20% of the sale cost.

if you have to ship it, that set is going to be about  $8-10 to ship. assume you are going to have to pay it.

in order for you to make $3-4 off that set ignoring the cost of gasoline and assuming you got a free box, you need to sell it for $50.  

i'm assuming you already have a scale to weigh the box.

50 - 13% = 43.5 - $9 shipping = 34.50 - you paid $29 assuming no tax.

you are losing money if you sell it on amazon or ebay for anything under $45.

V-wing was ok  money maker if you got some at 15-18 and sold at $45.  

at $29 buyin, i just don't see any meat left on the bone.

*Sigh*  Unfortunately, I do see your point.  While I have plenty of packing materials already handy (hurray for move!) and I will request the buyer pay shipping, I did not factor in the eBay fee.  I haven't sold on eBay before and wasn't sure what to expect.  Fortunately, I have a friend who is collecting Legos, so I may see if he is interested. 

That aside, with the fact this is more of a hobby/way to pay for my own Legos, do you think a scale is necessary? 

4 minutes ago, DP112 said:

That aside, with the fact this is more of a hobby/way to pay for my own Legos, do you think a scale is necessary? 

Given that all you need is a precise scale with a decent (i.e. 10lbs+) capacity, you can get them as cheap at $20 - even a scale marketed as "kitchen scale" wil likely do, as long as it can weigh fractions of ounces.