What Lego set did you buy today?

2 x 5771 Hillside House at TRU for approx. $61 each after BOGO and tax. Thought it was a good pickup for a retired TRU and S & **** only set. Nice mint boxes too. Also picking up the $10 gift card with it, will probably use that on a couple of polys or something tonight or tomorrow. Also a couple of Captain America Cycle's for $9 at a Walmart. Best deal of the day was non-Lego at that Walmart, some crazy markdown's in their clearance section. No Lego unfortunately. But picked up a cool Fisher-Price toy car set thing, retail of $44, marked down to $7. Will use that for a birthday present or something.

shopko has 70006 craggers command ship on clearance for $57 and change. they also currently have an in store coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase, so after tax this set comes to $50.21, which equates to 41% off. I hit up four shopkos and snagged two of them (passed on one that had a huge shipping sticker plastered to the front of it). I am heading out to two more shopkos tonight to try and find a few more. I am not huge on chima and it's investment potential, but this is the biggest set in this line (thus far, anyway), it comes with 6 nice figs, and it's a boat! my kids have this set to play with already, and it is a pretty nice looking set. at 41% off, I am willing to take the gamble on a few of them for a quick flip this Christmas.

From TRU Picked up: 2x 9398 4x4 Crawler $199.99 BOGO plus $10 GC which ends up being about 27% off retail each after tax 4x 5888 dino $39.99 BOGO plus $20 GC which ends up being about 37% off retail each after tax from Kmart: 2x 9472 Weathertop $50.99 each 2x 9471 Uruk-hai $25.49 each Did I do OK? This is only the second largest single day purchase I have made since investing and for the same money I could buy many more smaller sets (golden dragon, arctic batman, funhouse escape, SW battle sets, etc.) or a few large (tower bridge, grand emporium). For a long term view I'm reconsidering what I should be buying now vs what I can wait for. Thanks in advance for responses.

From TRU Picked up:

2x 9398 4x4 Crawler $199.99 BOGO plus $10 GC which ends up being about 27% off retail each after tax

4x 5888 dino $39.99 BOGO plus $20 GC which ends up being about 37% off retail each after tax

from Kmart:

2x 9472 Weathertop $50.99 each

2x 9471 Uruk-hai $25.49 each

Did I do OK? This is only the second largest single day purchase I have made since investing and for the same money I could buy many more smaller sets (golden dragon, arctic batman, funhouse escape, SW battle sets, etc.) or a few large (tower bridge, grand emporium). For a long term view I'm reconsidering what I should be buying now vs what I can wait for. Thanks in advance for responses.

I'm too new at this to give you experienced expert advice, but what I've seen from the bigger fish like emazers and some of the other guys, it is usually safer to go with the bigger popular sets if in doubt, like the modulars, LOTR Helm's Deep, or Millenium Falcon's. That being said, I think you still made some decent choices with your smaller ones. I'm curious to see what those Dino sets will do, and while you didn't get the greatest discount off the LOTR stuff, I still think the sets you picked will be winners after retirement.

In Michigan a few days ago: Walmart: (2) 6869 Quinjets for $42.40 (5) 6858 Catwoman Cycle $7.42 (bringing me up to 27 total of this set) (4) 6865 Captain American $9.54 Target: Shelob's Lair for $10 Target here by my house I found another Weathertop for $42 and change after my Redcard. I had already checked this store for clearanced LOTR sets but this must have been a return.

I bought three Orc Forges at a Target near me today at full retail....because they were the last ones at any Target within a hundred miles of me. Guess it was take the plunge or miss the boat on these ones.

This is just one of those sets that will never go on sale. I'm good with the two I have and wouldn't mind picking up another should I see more perhaps.

I also picked up two more Series 10 Medusa minifigs, bringing me to 11 total.

You have eleven Medusas?!

That's a lot of Lamia! :lol:

At Tru bogo I picked up 2 Creator Lighthouses for $41 and change each and received $10 gift card. Not real familiar with this set but from the quick research I could do on my cell it seemed like a decent investment. Any thoughts? At the same Tru I found a Mideval Market Village and I paired that up with a Star Wars Hoth Echo Base limited edition for the bogo. SW set rung up at $109 (not great) but the MMV was $57. On top of that, the cashier let me break my 4 sets into 2 separate transactions so i got another $10 gift card. Next door at KMart I picked up the following sets: 1 x Helm's Deep $99 2 x Ghost Trains $55 each 2 x Crazy Scientists $38 each 2 x Uruk $25 each In additon to reg points at KMart, I got a bonus of $10 worth of points. And, I got a code for a 30 cent/gal discount at BP Gas Station for upto 20 gal.

I love stacking those coupons at KMart too. I also found a Wal-Mart today clearancing the Star Wars Pre Vizla Starfighter today for $19.50, so I picked one up. This may be a trend starting soon. Along with a few more Cat Woman and Captain America sets.

Just thought Ide share on this deal I scored today at my local Swap Meet ...

6088: MISB $10

3053: MISB $10

4805: box damaged but sealed $2.50

7101: box damaged but sealed $2.50

That's a great deal, those old ninja sets are cool. Should be able to flip them on ebay for a good, quick profit.

I picked up Warg Attack and Orc Forge from Craigslist. They were used, but only displayed and had boxes and instructions, all in perfect shape. This saved me from buying them new and opening them. Now all my Orc Forges are safe from me :)

Picked up two City Passenger Trains (7938) for $84 each and also another City Mine (4204) for $57 from Amazon.co.uk this morning. Can't beat it and these are shipped prices with no tax.

Just did the same. I've never ordered from Amazon.uk. This is exciting!

Two 8110 for 100 Euros ( super sale in local retailer in Belgium) Lego Technic - 9391 - EUR 12,15 Lego Monster Fighters - 9464 - EUR 24,80 Lego City - 4439 - EUR 29,99 Lego City - 3368 - EUR 41,99 Lego Technic - 9393 - EUR 23,99 (Those 5 on Amazon)

Guest ph4tb0i

From the USA: 2 x Barrel Escapes (33 USD at TRU) 2 x King's Castles (from BOGO last week) 5 X Batmobile Polybags a bunch of friends stuff 5 X Helm's Deep from Kmarts with discounts + a bunch of stuff earlier on that I haven't picked up the last couple of months across the border. Ended up having to pay $106 in taxes at the Canadian border because I was $800 over my tax exemption limit ($1600 for my wife and I as we stayed in the states for more than 2 days). It was worth it... :) From the UK: 4 X Passenger Trains 2 X The Mine. From Canada: Absolutely nothing because PRICES SUCK! (I'm Canadian :))

Found 4 more nice MF Vampyre Castles today at Wal-Mart for $69. I picked up one more and couldn't talk myself into the others. Especially since I did some wallet damage buying Passenger Trains and Mine sets this morning. I might look for them later if I sweep through that Wal-Mart during Summer clearance.