What Lego set did you buy today?

3 Architecture Studios from LEGO Shop at Home sale  showed up today, each in their own sealed LEGO carton.  no spider gouges like every single set that BN has.  it's weird that this is the only set that they put on sale and then took off the sale.

IMG_3275.thumb.JPG.1456cdeacd82b0e9c18dc

old old old.

2 are from September 2014 and one is from December 2013.

IMG_3276.thumb.JPG.0ecf9eccd7dd8b7f1ac64

IMG_3277.thumb.JPG.5a931f87082de1c36923c

buying these because its Architecture and that's a core theme for me but still not sure how this set is going to pan out.  i have 4  that's enough - this is potentially the "pre-exosuit" with initial scarcity and resulting hype and price bump and then subsequent restocking to complete ubiquity and devastation of the aftermarket - there's a little devil on my shoulder muttering snidely, quietly "you could have bought another Sandcrawler,  Slave I, EV Ferris Wheel, etc".  SHUT-UP!  :crazy:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cladner said:

3 Architecture Studios from LEGO Shop at Home sale  showed up today, each in their own sealed LEGO carton.  no spider gouges like every single set that BN has.  it's weird that this is the only set that they put on sale and then took off the sale.

IMG_3275.thumb.JPG.1456cdeacd82b0e9c18dc

old old old.

2 are from September 2014 and one is from December 2013.

IMG_3276.thumb.JPG.0ecf9eccd7dd8b7f1ac64

IMG_3277.thumb.JPG.5a931f87082de1c36923c

buying these because its Architecture and that's a core theme for me but still not sure how this set is going to pan out.  i have 4  that's enough - this is potentially the "pre-exosuit" with initial scarcity and resulting hype and price bump and then subsequent restocking to complete ubiquity and devastation of the aftermarket - there's a little devil on my shoulder muttering snidely, quietly "you could have bought another Sandcrawler,  Slave I, EV Ferris Wheel, etc".  SHUT-UP!  :crazy:

When studio originally came out with price of $150 it went out of stock/temporarily unavailable/sold out (can't remember which one) for a long time and it got to the point where I was able to sell couple for $299, so who knows, it could end up like exo, or maybe like female scientists....or remember first cuusoo minecraft cube? (21102), it was going for really high amounts before it came back...but now.....eh

• Like 4

For $10 I picked up very nice instructions for HP 4842 and 4841 off CL one town over. They were in an ad with lots of common instructions all for $40. I called to ask if they'd just sell me the HP. When I get to the house I ask "Dottie" who was in her 80's if they were selling the LEGO  that goes with all the books. Her reply with a smile,  "Hell no". They'll be bummed when they want to rebuild.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

For $10 I picked up very nice instructions for HP 4842 and 4841 off CL one town over. They were in an ad with lots of common instructions all for $40. I called to ask if they'd just sell me the HP. When I get to the house I ask "Dottie" who was in her 80's if they were selling the LEGO  that goes with all the books. Her reply with a smile,  "Hell no". They'll be bummed when they want to rebuild.

Maybe they Kragled the sets .... :)

59 minutes ago, macpro76 said:

Picked up at walmart today:

2 79117 - Turtle Lair Invastion @ 74.99 each

I have been stalking some Turtle Lair Invasions for the same price at my local Walmarts hoping they will be reduced.  The managers are playing hard ball with this one and I refuse to pay more than $50 for this set.

I did well buying my Turtle Van Takedowns for $15 or less selling them for $50 during the holidays.  The lair just hasn't been rising well enough though to drop $75 a piece for them.  Good luck with this one!

I found a ISD at TRU for $115. That was a pleasant surprise--I'm guessing they found it in the back (?). Every time I go to that TRU, they have some random older set (and just one). Over the past two months, I've purchased a Jedi Scout, B-Wing, and AT-TP from this store (all on separate visits). Another thing I thought was strange was that they had two Slave I's on the shelf. Returns?

Edited by tjj1984
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, tjj1984 said:

I found a ISD at TRU for $115. That was a pleasant surprise--I'm guessing they found it in the back (?). Every time I go to that TRU, they have some random older set (and just one). Over the past two months, I've purchased a Jedi Scout, B-Wing, and AT-TP from this store (all on separate visits). Another thing I thought was strange was that they had two Slave I's on the shelf. Returns?

make sure that you are weighing those sets and check seals on sets.

i have found few sets with missing either minifigures or bags especially those sets bought from BB stores.

12 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

make sure that you are weighing those sets and check seals on sets.

i have found few sets with missing either minifigures or bags especially those sets bought from BB stores.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't opened the ISD yet but the seals all look perfect. The other three have been opened and built--they were also complete. I just started collecting recently so I missed all of those sets during their natural lifetime.

1 hour ago, tjj1984 said:

I saw a Slave 1 on the shelf at TRU this last Thursday also. I was quite surprised. I'm already at my limit on them, and my average buy in was well under the Thursday 10%, so I left it behind.