What Lego set did you buy today?

11 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

I think it really depends on what you're buying.  I've never heard of someone get in trouble for buying City sets, but buying multiples of Exclusives or "Hard to Find" sets seems to set off the red flag.  I've been buying in multiple orders for each prime giveaway period for some time now and have had no issues, but I'm pretty smart about what I'm buying and make sure to not double up on the set I've ordered. Be smart and stay within the proposed limits and you should be fine.

... and don't start buying multiples on a fresh VIP account. Better to make a few small single set purchases over a few months, then slowly ease into buying multiples.

2 hours ago, wakko said:

Picked up the following used sets from CL all with instructions but no box for $750:

10185 Green Grocer 
10218 Pet Shop
10216 Winter Village Bakery 
5766 Log Cabin
4956 Creator House
6754 Family Home 
4996 Beach House
5891 Apple Tree House
5771 Hillside House
7641 City Corner
and extra 10-15 pounds tub of LEGO and some small city sets

I think it's a pretty good deal and most of them are going to be placed in my city.  I'm just really happy to finally able to get Green Grocer and all of the retired houses that I wasn't even bothered to buy back then.

Saw this in the craiglist app in the D.C. area. what area are you scouring so I don't duplicate efforts :)

6 hours ago, Phil B said:

... and don't start buying multiples on a fresh VIP account. Better to make a few small single set purchases over a few months, then slowly ease into buying multiples.

lol....  i have only made 2 purchases (nothing big, but stuff on sale) and they have been nothing but multiples....   -maybe I will be forced to quit before I really get going! 

Walmart. This was my first time in a long time hunting, usually it's Internet or Lego store, decided to hit couple walmarts, ended up stopping at 3, nothing major, no SW on sale/clearance but found those:

Snow plow truck 60083 $9

furry creatures 31021 $5

plus architecture studio arrived today from LEGO Shop at Home for $127.98 with 2 free NEXO Knights polybags

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 2

walmart site-to-store with pickup in tax-free NH purchased with some 4% off gift cards.

ordered 2 because that's how many are supposed to come in a case.  check.

IMG_3270.thumb.JPG.391b5faf47c61c732216f

closer inspection reveals these bad boys are MINTY. check check.

IMG_3273.thumb.JPG.1c182114a960255b04805

and quite stale - October 02, 2014.  ruh-roh -  not a lot selling.  and these are from after walmart ran out and then restocked them this month.

IMG_3271.thumb.JPG.c83b8fb103ac066b81037

time to order some more :).  I :heart: Walmart Site-to-Store for bulk ordering big sets. No banning there. just give me your money - thank you and come again.  ordering for shipping to home from walmart is a disasterously different story.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 6

Picked up 3 Falcons (75105) for $104.99 each...(gotta love the competitive price match)

Is it just me or does everyone get the stink eye from people who ring you up?

Not just you. They act like I'm stealing from them. They seem to have no idea that they're one step away from being Kmart...

• Like 4