What Lego set did you buy today?

Yesterday 1 BBT, 1 Changing Seasons (I envy you guys that can find them $35 or $25 at Walmart), and 1 curved road plates all from LEGO Shop at Home for personal collection. 

Also called LEGO Shop at Home rep today to return some duplicate items and they told me to keep 1 pack of straight road plates.  Not a bad service.

5 minutes ago, wakko said:

Yesterday 1 BBT, 1 Changing Seasons (I envy you guys that can find them $35 or $25 at Walmart), and 1 curved road plates all from LEGO Shop at Home for personal collection. 

Also called LEGO Shop at Home rep today to return some duplicate items and they told me to keep 1 pack of straight road plates.  Not a bad service.

Changing Seasons is $40 currently at KMart.com.  Not too difficult to get them at $35 or below each if you order 2 and use the $10 off $75 coupon found here.

http://shc.cpn2c.co/RecomService/web/bE3R

Changing Seasons at KMart.com $39.99

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Changing Seasons is $40 currently at KMart.com.  Not too difficult to get them at $35 or below each if you order 2 and use the $10 off $75 coupon found here.

http://shc.cpn2c.co/RecomService/web/bE3R

Changing Seasons at KMart.com $39.99

Just wondering why we would consider buying this set. I had a hard time selling Seaside House for $75 shipped, which would not leave that much meat on the bone after a $35 buy in.

1 minute ago, pete411 said:

Just wondering why we would consider buying this set. I had a hard time selling Seaside House for $75 shipped, which would not leave that much meat on the bone after a $35 buy in.

$25 is a much better buy-in.  I think this set is flying off the shelves compared to Seaside House.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Brick said:

Stayed well within the limits for each set. So won't be a problem. I place about 4-6 orders a month with Lego but typically order 1-2 sets at a time.

I honestly didn't even see anything that would really be a flag raiser.  Outside of the sheer number of sets being ordered, I think someone could easily justify what was being bought there by simply having a Lego town in their basement.

Guest brickcrazyhouse
4 minutes ago, Buchimuer said:

bought these three sets NISB at $150 from CL.

whammy-11452.jpg

wrong thread try here 

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

14 minutes ago, macpro76 said:

what kind of details are you looking for? :)

Stopped by my local good will store.  Saw two of these.  The price on the box said $99 each.  I scanned it using my phone to check on prices.  results showed that is was retired. The boxes were in great shape. Maybe someone just dropped them off or something.   I went to buy them at 99 each. (this was the price it was selling at lego.com).  The cashier rang up both for $100.    

• Like 2

Finally got a Tumbler from Amazon last night.  Woohoo!

WM buys:

2 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium $49 each

1 Anakins Custom Starfighter $19

2 Space Ports $49 each 

1 Kylo Ren Shuttle $59

Online inventory said they had $40 Death Star Final battles, but there were none to be found.

• Like 2

I got Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor and Crossbone's Hazard Heist at Walmart. Look for a review coming soon.

I also spotted the other 2 Captain America sets and some of the Might Micros. I almost got the Green Goblin one, but he looks terrible. Cannot bring myself to put any money into that one. I did see the Droid Escape Pod and the Hoth set. No Carbon Freezing Chamber. For some reason, I thought (assumed) that the Escape Pod was $19.99. $24.99 seems out of whack. I guess they figure that 4 minifiigures makes up for the lower part count? I am assuming that the size of some elements leads to a higher/lower PPP.

On 2/23/2016 at 7:21 PM, Zelgazra said:

Pfft, you could've easily carved 5 or 6 Mini Fortex and Intro Packs each out of that order by splitting it up! :P

PS. Don't get banned! Don't purchase daily like this during 2x VIP unless you want the hammer!! 

making separate purchases during March 7-22 (2x VIP) to get promos is grounds for Ban Hammer on lego.com?

15 minutes ago, macpro76 said:

making separate purchases during March 7-22 (2x VIP) to get promos is grounds for Ban Hammer on lego.com?

I think it really depends on what you're buying.  I've never heard of someone get in trouble for buying City sets, but buying multiples of Exclusives or "Hard to Find" sets seems to set off the red flag.  I've been buying in multiple orders for each prime giveaway period for some time now and have had no issues, but I'm pretty smart about what I'm buying and make sure to not double up on the set I've ordered. Be smart and stay within the proposed limits and you should be fine.

• Like 1