What Lego set did you buy today?

7 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

I think this is the way to go if you want to do this correctly.  Buy one to keep, and the 2nd one to add onto the first to make a larger Wayne Manor.  Sell of the figures and vehicles and you should get a fair amount of your money back.

Bingo - I will be displaying this alongside the other two batcaves for a big ol' batcave sandwich...

• Like 2

I had a bunch of toys r us rewards points so I let my 5.5 year old pick whatever he wanted. He got the large nexo knight castle and the game sorry. The castle is really neat. It has lots of shooting features and he loved it.

My only complaint is it does not have much room for all the ninjago minifigures to visit the nexo knight castle :)

• Like 2

Grabbed a MF 75105 and the VW Camper 10220 basically retail (being that they are 20% off at TRU) plus the triple points on their CC...so $140 out the door for the falcon and $100 for the VW isn't bad IMO...if that Tower Bridge was just still in stock!!!!! Man I would have loved just one of those for $161....alas, on the the next one and back to work!

Poe's X Wing (reduced to approx £55 as with other places) x 2. Trevi Fountain x 2 at retail price as I havn't got any yet and can't see it ever being reduced much. Both at Tesco + 10% staff discount :)

Also, loads of the in-store reduced Tesco offers from the last couple of days and Asda and Sainsburys reduced goodies from the past couple of weeks. Oh, also 2 x Santa's workshop from John Lewis several days ago amongst others recently.

Edited by BarryZola
'instore'
  • Like 1

Finally waited out some discounts and made my official first LEGO investment purchases! I can finally consider myself a BrickPicker (Hordeling?) I got all of these from TRU today at 35% off, which seems like an incredible deal! Not to mention getting 3x the TRU rewards points for LEGO purchases....it wound up being more like ~48-50% off the total purchase. Insane.

Now the hard part is trying to decide what to open and what to save! I bought 2x Arctic Ice Breaker, 2x Spaceport, 2x Beach Hut, and 2x Changing Seasons, all with the intention of opening one and saving the other, but now I'm nervous about opening even one of them (especially the Arctic Ice Breaker!) 

What do you guys think? How do you guys feel about selling used vs sealed-in-box?

IMG_2109.JPG

Edited by deptotx05
  • Like 2

Any of them that are for investment purposes, don't open them :)

If you want to treat yourself then open one or more, but know that you'll be looking at getting a lower price if/when you decide to sell.

I had an itch to build something when I got my first investment purchases so built one of the smaller cheap sets that I got a good deal on. That did the job for me and means that any other sets are still sealed waiting for the day some time in the future to sell at maximum possible sealed price.

44 minutes ago, deptotx05 said:

Finally waited out some discounts and made my official first LEGO investment purchases! I can finally consider myself a BrickPicker (Hordeling?) I got all of these from TRU today at 35% off, which seems like an incredible deal! Not to mention getting 3x the TRU rewards points for LEGO purchases....it wound up being more like ~48-50% off the total purchase. Insane.

Now the hard part is trying to decide what to open and what to save! I bought 2x Arctic Ice Breaker, 2x Spaceport, 2x Beach Hut, and 2x Changing Seasons, all with the intention of opening one and saving the other, but now I'm nervous about opening even one of them (especially the Arctic Ice Breaker!) 

What do you guys think? How do you guys feel about selling used vs sealed-in-box?

This is pretty much me and my stash.

tony_montana_loves_him_a_snowman.jpg

• Like 8

Picked up this one before it gets too far in price (could not get a hold on this while it was still available), found it for a decent price compared to Ebay. Funny thing is that the seller, who I've met in person for this (always a pleasure than having things shipped), covered up the set with plastic because it was a slightly rainy day and set could have been damaged. Nice touch.

1456017390936.thumb.jpg.e7b69ff4f2774254

• Like 8

I found the latest Star Wars waves at a local walmart. I take it that Obi's ship, Droid Escape, Carbon Freezing Chamber, and Hoth Attacks are all packed in the same case? Because at the walmart I went too, they just put them out, and seemed to have two cases of them because there were two copies of each, and they had the lego boxes just opened in a cart next to the area.  

I picked up Droid Escape and Carbon Freezing Chamber… but left the other two.  I do like the 24.95 price point on these.