What Lego set did you buy today?

4 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Thanks, yes as my mandatory "read the forum before you jump into LEGO investing" I did come across this thread and read it - that's why I recognized the drop-shipping. Was just wondering if I should call them out (subtly) in my feedback.

No, apparently there are semi-legit businesses who use this practice regularly.  Actually, I don't think it's a big issue if you want to mention your item shipped from Amazon and your were surprised, as the buyer.  It wouldn't hurt anything really.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Kmart Haul from the new releases and a plethora of SYW coupons:

Started off with about $20 in SYW points - 

Order #1 total $53.35 -  Airport Battle #76051 

Order #2 total $43.45 - Crossbones' Hazard Heist #76050, Iron Man Vs. Loki #10721, & Black Panther Pursuit #76047

Order #3 total $48.86 - Droid Escape #75136 & Carbon-Freezing #75137

Order #4 total $54.31 - Imperial Shuttle Tydirium #75094

Still have around $24.00 in SYW left and earned a total combined discount of around 37% on the 4 orders.  Thanks Kmart! 

what are  SYW coupons?

Just now, macpro76 said:

what are  SYW coupons?

Whoa! A new question

SYW is the acronym for the Shop Your Way rewards program that includes surprise points (cash off of purchase), bonus points (for example $10 in points on a $30 purchase), and cash discounts (5% off of a toy, $10 off of a $50 order).  Generally, they do not work on items labelled as 'Hot Buy' but most Lego sets are not tagged as Hot Buy for the first couple of weeks of availability.

It is a little more complicated for accounting, and sometimes you receive pancakes or drapes, but you can manufacture some really good deals there without having to go into a Kmart.

• Like 2

Silver Centurion minifig: $0.00

Gallimimus Trap 30320 Poly:  $0.00

Passed by a couple of GameStops today and stopped to see if they had an extra Centurion...the first said they didn't have extras, but told me about another store 5 minutes away that I should ask.  The second gave me a Centurio and a 30320, which I was unaware of.  Free is awesome.

LegoCenturionMinifig.JPG

LegoJurassicParkMiniSet.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, uaford said:

ilver Centurion minifig: $0.00

Gallimimus Trap 30320 Poly:  $0.00

Passed by a couple of GameStops today and stopped to see if they had an extra Centurion...the first said they didn't have extras, but told me about another store 5 minutes away that I should ask.  The second gave me a Centurio and a 30320, which I was unaware of.  Free is awesome.

This is the what setdid you buy today thread, not what did someone give you for free.  You could at least say that you paid $1 for a Spaceport or something. ;)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, redghostx said:

This is the what setdid you buy today thread, not what did someone give you for free.  You could at least say that you paid $1 for a Spaceport or something. ;)

Lol, true.  I also bought:

2 Space Ports for $59 each (left 2)

1 Imperial Assault Carrier for $64

Seems like everyone is either getting these prices or bemoaning that they aren't... so I left it alone:)

Mods, help me out with benjaminsmith here ^^^. I'm trying to watch a basketball game.

Can't help. I've got to clean up DD. ;)

With a little extra effort, I bought 2 millennium falcons 75105 at Wal-mart for $74 (+tax) each.

I had to buy them for $150 at wal-mart #1, then drive 12 miles to Wal-mart #2 (which had no inventory at $74), then return them and rebuy them. The cashier was surprised they were 50% off and was happy to help me save the extra cash. 

In all seriousness, what you are describing is stock manipulation and it's something we frown upon heavily here at Brickpicker.

If you'd like to discuss the ethics of buying like that, we have an ethics thread to discuss these things. Will link to it later.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Quacs said:

Not mine - one for build and one for part

BAM!

I think this is the way to go if you want to do this correctly.  Buy one to keep, and the 2nd one to add onto the first to make a larger Wayne Manor.  Sell of the figures and vehicles and you should get a fair amount of your money back.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

I think this is the way to go if you want to do this correctly.  Buy one to keep, and the 2nd one to add onto the first to make a larger Wayne Manor.  Sell of the figures and vehicles and you should get a fair amount of your money back.

That's my plan, but I'm going for a GBHQ first.

• Like 1