What Lego set did you buy today?

Stopped by TRU tonight w / my daughter to use an expiring rewards coupon. Lots of new stuff on shelves....Coast Guard sets, Treehouse, Aviation Adventures, and Castle sets (which I thought weren't out until August---meh). They even had some 7879 Echo Bases out which I had never seen before. Ended up getting the Coast Guard Rescue set and the new Friends Series 2 bunny house for a total of $4.73 after BOGO and a $5 coupon.

I just walk in and ask guys! sometimes you can get them for free, sometimes you throw the poor starving gamers some extra cash =)

I ended up doing just that! 2 were rotting around in town and they just gave them to me! I also got a Chase McCain polybag. There's 2 more Lex Luthor's in a nearby town waiting for me (also for free), and I'm working on securing another 7 (the manager had to clear it with his DM about what to do with them to get them to me).

One store though said they had some and were giving them out as pre-order bonuses for the new LEGO game for the Wii U...so no luck with breaking those guys.....for now.

Either way, thanks for alerting me kerrmando!

Stopped at a WalMart on the way home from work that had some series 10. Felt for a Medusa (and of course Mr Gold) but no dice, checked the clearance area and found that they had finally put their Quinjets on clearance for 49.00, already have two though and I'm a little hesitant with this set at that price. Checked the aisle and they still have Weathertops, Mines, etc, they sure are resisting clearancing the LOTR stuff. Grabbed another cat woman chase for 9 bucks and left.

Most of my Walmarts are doing this, too. I'm waiting for the hammer to fall so to speak.

Man nor brick is safe.

Ditto! I managed to snag two helms deeps during target's one day sale, but those damn walmarts... If they don't do something fast, they'll sell out before they get the chance to clearance them!

Most of my Walmarts are doing this, too. I'm waiting for the hammer to fall so to speak.

Man nor brick is safe.

Ditto! I managed to snag two helms deeps during target's one day sale, but those damn walmarts... If they don't do something fast, they'll sell out before they get the chance to clearance them!

LOL...this one had me laughing quite a bit, but its definitely true. If a product is selling well at retail, why would they clearance what little they do have? I'm guessing the good sales are contributing to my local Walmarts slow reaction to clearance any of the LOTR stuff. And when it does eventually see clearance, it will probably be snatched up by some guy who doesn't have a job long before I ever get off work to find it.

A few things using coupons and credits: -Apple Tree House for 19.99 from yoyo.com (had a $25 credit) -2x Funhouses from TRU, and Friends 1x Hedgehog Polybag, 1x Dog Polybag all for 74.43 after tax from TRU (BOGO, $5 rewards, $10 coupon) Plus a got a $10 gift card for the TRU purchases effectively bringing that down to 64.43...not too bad.

A few things using coupons and credits:

-Apple Tree House for 19.99 from yoyo.com (had a $25 credit)

-2x Funhouses from TRU, and Friends 1x Hedgehog Polybag, 1x Dog Polybag all for 74.43 after tax from TRU (BOGO, $5 rewards, $10 coupon)

Plus a got a $10 gift card for the TRU purchases effectively bringing that down to 64.43...not too bad.

Great work for TRU in particular. I was wondering if they would give the gift card if you did BOGO, good to know.