What Lego set did you buy today?

27 minutes ago, Ko Kiuchi said:

I've literally called 20 GameStops with no luck....

Given that these came out almost 2 weeks ago, if you're in an area with others "in the know" I doubt you're going to find any. They were already hard to get by in the first place (most Gamestops said they "received just enough for those who preordered") so getting any now requires a serious bout of luck. That is of course unless LEGO is now releasing these into the wild via other channels as well, but that would seriously hurt its resale value ....

5 hours ago, Phil B said:

Given that these came out almost 2 weeks ago, if you're in an area with others "in the know" I doubt you're going to find any. They were already hard to get by in the first place (most Gamestops said they "received just enough for those who preordered") so getting any now requires a serious bout of luck. That is of course unless LEGO is now releasing these into the wild via other channels as well, but that would seriously hurt its resale value ....

yep, a couple of them actually checked wherever they stash this type of stuff and one even said that he saw some the last time he worked at the store...  ah well, my fault for not thinking ahead and preordering!

Kmart Haul from the new releases and a plethora of SYW coupons:

Started off with about $20 in SYW points - 

Order #1 total $53.35 -  Airport Battle #76051 

Order #2 total $43.45 - Crossbones' Hazard Heist #76050, Iron Man Vs. Loki #10721, & Black Panther Pursuit #76047

Order #3 total $48.86 - Droid Escape #75136 & Carbon-Freezing #75137

Order #4 total $54.31 - Imperial Shuttle Tydirium #75094

Still have around $24.00 in SYW left and earned a total combined discount of around 37% on the 4 orders.  Thanks Kmart! 

• Like 3

On 2/16/2016 at 11:49 AM, Phil B said:

Following in @exciter1's footsteps, I bought Temple of Airjitzu with 5x EBay Bucks - $190 plus tax, free shipping. Not a great deal but 5% off vs retail plus 10% EBay bucks is not bad IMHO for a set I really wanted to have.

Just to follow-up: I received this order today already, but not without being surprised ... large package from Amazon showed up, I initially had no clue "What did I order from Amazon recently that is that big?". Then I noticed the "Gift Item" corner on the shipping label and things started to click into place. Dropshipped from Amazon, likely using Prime 2-day shipping .... Not sure if I should leave a comment in my EBay feedback ... any suggestions? In the end I'm happy, I got 5% off and the set in a pristine box. Just not sure what went on on the Amazon side and how the set was paid for.

11 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Just to follow-up: I received this order today already, but not without being surprised ... large package from Amazon showed up, I initially had no clue "What did I order from Amazon recently that is that big?". Then I noticed the "Gift Item" corner on the shipping label and things started to click into place. Dropshipped from Amazon, likely using Prime 2-day shipping .... Not sure if I should leave a comment in my EBay feedback ... any suggestions? In the end I'm happy, I got 5% off and the set in a pristine box. Just not sure what went on on the Amazon side and how the set was paid for.

We used to have a miraculous 50 page thread dedicated to one seller named "Niko", but it has been locked.  The EBay drop shippers are also discussed here:

1 60052 Cargo Train from Kmart
$145- $35 points from previous order - $5 surprise points - $15 of my own points = $98 after tax and another $32 back in points from Kmart. :)
It's like buy a train for 1/2 price and we'll throw in a Harley Quinn set and $10 for free!

**Edit to add that Kmart actually shipped these in appropriate boxes, with bubbles, that are suitable to use for other sets!

Edited by redghostx
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

We used to have a miraculous 50 page thread dedicated to one seller named "Niko", but it has been locked.  The EBay drop shippers are also discussed here:

Thanks, yes as my mandatory "read the forum before you jump into LEGO investing" I did come across this thread and read it - that's why I recognized the drop-shipping. Was just wondering if I should call them out (subtly) in my feedback.