What Lego set did you buy today?

Bought a Bionicle 71305 for $7 (50% off).

Hey now, before you judge I'm in SoCal - that's the best discount I've seen in 2016 so lay off unless you wanna ship me $1 60080 Spaceports.

Also got my 3 AROCs from Amazon.de (wife let me buy more sets because I back to working!)  They got banged up pretty bad but I'm going to build one this weekend so I'll open the worst one.

Edited by colossus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, colossus said:

Bought a Bionicle 71305 for $7 (50% off).

Hey now, before you judge I'm in SoCal - that's the best discount I've seen in 2016 so lay off unless you wanna ship me $1 60080 Spaceports.

Also got my 3 AROCs from Amazon.de (wife let me buy more sets because I back to working!)  They got banged up pretty bad but I'm going to build one this weekend so I'll open the worst one.

You bought a bionicle for only half off!!! 

image.jpeg.fa11b8418e46571817a8450445073

• Like 1

1 hour ago, California92563 said:

You bought a bionicle for only half off!!! 

image.jpeg.fa11b8418e46571817a8450445073

Some people find 60080 Spaceports for $1.  I find (2) WMs charging $129.98 for them ($10 over RRP).  I think somebody asked to check my receipt as I was leaving after picking up 4x6 pictures and I just lost it. Completely went bananas!  I ran back and grabbed the set. I wonder if I can 5150 myself?

EDIT: Wow, I just checked and http://brickset.com/sets/71305-1/Lewa-Uniter-of-Jungle is a brand new set.  Why can't WM put brand new SW sets 50% off like other people get. Well my boy was happy with it - must be a little hard for a 4 year old since he got frustrated and went to sleep.

Edited by colossus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, colossus said:

Some people find 60080 Spaceports for $1.  I find (2) WMs charging $129.98 for them ($10 over RRP).  I think somebody asked to check my receipt as I was leaving after picking up 4x6 pictures and I just lost it. Completely went bananas!  I ran back and grabbed the set. I wonder if I can 5150 myself?

EDIT: Wow, I just checked and http://brickset.com/sets/71305-1/Lewa-Uniter-of-Jungle is a brand new set.  Why can't WM put brand new SW sets 50% off like other people get. Well my boy was happy with it - must be a little hard for a 4 year old since he got frustrated and went to sleep.

Yes, I saw a few Uniter sets in the clearance isle in one of the WMs I visited recently as well. Unfortunately just red tagged, not marked down, or I would have grabbed it immediately. Son is collecting them all.

6 hours ago, colossus said:

Lol I know i feel your pain :( 

My 42043 AROCS just arrived ... 2 big shipping boxes both in great condition (given they came from the UK), just a few scratches and punctures but structurally completely sound, and the actual 42043's are pristine inside, very professionally packed with brown paper on top and bottom, and plenty of aircushions on the side. Doing a happy dance now!

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

Grabbed an avengers tower at Wm w/a slightly damaged box that had seal issues so I opened there and all was sealed and well for $30 and then a City Great Vehicles Racing Bike Transporter 60084 for $9 both to build. Didn't drop $350 on those 2 AROCS @Phil B but super happy for you that they came in well. My kids are just a bit too young and hanging on to those awesome technic sets for 5 more years doesn't work well for my cash flow now. :)

5 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

Imperial Hotel 21017 just came this afternoon, it's official, $99.99 not bad 

It's a fantastic build if you're doing it for that. I snagged a second the other day for $118 and it'll sit for a year or so but should appreciate nicely. $99 is a good buy in...Nice one. 

• Like 1

(2)  Poe's X-Wing Fighter™ Item: 75102   From Target  $69 each

(8) Minecraft the Mine   #21118   - Walmart clearance.  $49  each. They only had two on the shelf.  I asked the manager if he could check if he had more.   He did.  Bought all they had.  Amazing find.

(1) Adv Tie Prototype  Walmart clearance $29.99. 

On February 12, 2016 at 0:12 PM, midbenne said:

Grabbed an avengers tower at Wm w/a slightly damaged box that had seal issues so I opened there and all was sealed and well for $30 and then a City Great Vehicles Racing Bike Transporter 60084 for $9 both to build. Didn't drop $350 on those 2 AROCS @Phil B but super happy for you that they came in well. My kids are just a bit too young and hanging on to those awesome technic sets for 5 more years doesn't work well for my cash flow now. :)

It's a fantastic build if you're doing it for that. I snagged a second the other day for $118 and it'll sit for a year or so but should appreciate nicely. $99 is a good buy in...Nice one. 

Just grabbed a 21017 from eBay for $90 with free shipping

• Like 1