What Lego set did you buy today?

4 minutes ago, LegoAddict42 said:

Bought two AAT's at Meijer on clearance for 25% off + $18 in rewards points. One to build and one to sell.

I got an at at at Meijer also. I almost walked right past it as I was not even considering I would find another after they have been gone awhile. $77 after mperks coupon.

2 minutes ago, Salimr said:

I got an at at at Meijer also. I almost walked right past it as I was not even considering I would find another after they have been gone awhile. $77 after mperks coupon.

AT-AT or AAT ? AT-AT would be the better find ... those sell for close to $200 nowadays.

10 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

Went to TRU and found a partially hidden stash of 2014 Bricktober modulars. They were $9.98. Bought 2 sets.

Hmmm...wondering if I should go back and get the rest of them.

Unless you reasonably can't afford any more or are principally not willing to spend more on them... yes you should, because they are worth approximately double that amount already (some sellers are asking triple and some even more; check Ebay); and there is no reason to believe their value will go down. 

Think about us folks here in Europe... we have to buy these online. These were only available in the US... thus making the sets rare for us to find. Collectors now and in the future will want to have them. Ideally buy them in sets like you did. 

3 minutes ago, Roy vd M. said:

Unless you reasonably can't afford any more or are principally not willing to spend more on them... yes you should, because they are worth approximately double that amount already (some sellers are asking triple and some even more; check Ebay); and there is no reason to believe their value will go down. 

Think about us folks here in Europe... we have to buy these online. These were only available in the US... thus making the sets rare for us to find. Collectors now and in the future will want to have them. Ideally buy them in sets like you did. 

Your words give me hope for the complete 2014 and 2015 set I have sealed in my closet. This was before I started reselling, so I paid full retail for the lot :-/

9 minutes ago, Roy vd M. said:

Yup...convinced now, going back to get more. I have a feeling they will still be there tomorrow. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

Yup...convinced now, going back to get more. I have a feeling they will still be there tomorrow. 

Advice for next time: if I'm not sure of an in-store purchase and need some time to think about it (or do some research at home) I simply put those boxes all the way in the back of the shelves, preferably behind Chima, Jack Stone or Fabuland sets. Never use VW camper sets! As you say these Bricktober sets were partially hidden, you're not doing anything naughty there. 

11 minutes ago, Roy vd M. said:

Advice for next time: if I'm not sure of an in-store purchase and need some time to think about it (or do some research at home) I simply put those boxes all the way in the back of the shelves, preferably behind Chima, Jack Stone or Fabuland sets. Never use VW camper sets! As you say these Bricktober sets were partially hidden, you're not doing anything naughty there. 

Guess where I always look when I get to a big box store :)

• Like 2

Behind the everlasting Scala and Belville boxes? 

Seriously, it all depends on the store manager. In some stores all you'll discover are the same boxes over and over again. Other stores have virtual treasure chest areas hidden in the back. It never hurts to take a look. I guess some store managers really want to escape from the reality to think that those older / retired sets are going to be sold easier if hidden in the back. 

As I already showed in the 'what did you NOT buy today'-topic two weeks ago:

They are probably still there.

Anyway sorry for the offtopic talk. 

40 minutes ago, Roy vd M. said:

From my limited experience, it's better to buy it and change your mind and return it, then to change your mind and find it gone the next day. A bird in the hand....

19 minutes ago, Mr_Coat said:

From my limited experience, it's better to buy it and change your mind and return it, then to change your mind and find it gone the next day. A bird in the hand....

That depends. In case of the Bricktobers yes, in case of those older Star Wars sets no, because I wanted to speak on the phone to the manager to make a deal to purchase the whole lot. In the end I decided against it, thinking of the employee having mentioned that a discount would probably be out of the question as the manager himself had put price tags on these sets knowing they were old.

Also in case you wont be allowed to return the sets to the store and need to think it over or do some research, it's better to hide them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr_Coat said:

That works if you are in a country/continent where such a return policy is commonplace. Not the same everywhere else necessarily.

9 hours ago, Roy vd M. said:

Are you sure they aren't in Europe? Saw a ton of these on the shelves of my local Toys r Us (UK) but they were £14.99 each so seemed overly expensive.

Though my purchase of the day was eight 75082 Tie Advanced Prototype for £9.00 each. RRP is £40 so was a steal.

Edited by jackanape

7 hours ago, jackanape said:

Are you sure they aren't in Europe? Saw a ton of these on the shelves of my local Toys r Us (UK) but they were £14.99 each so seemed overly expensive.

Though my purchase of the day was eight 75082 Tie Advanced Prototype for £9.00 each. RRP is £40 so was a steal.

Got 2 too absolute bargains! Building one dont know what to do with the other Flip or Keep hmmm