What Lego set did you buy today?

On January 29, 2016 at 2:58 PM, vmnlogan said:

Unfortunately, this post is about some sets I did NOT get to buy today, and I'm pretty sure another BPer beat me to them.  To the lucky, lucky person I congratulate you on the deal of a lifetime and also I hate you forever. :P

Some idiot teen in Iowa decided he was too old for Lego and had his mom put up a Craigslist ad for his old sets.  New-in-box, never opened 10179 UCS Milennium Falcon AND 10030 UCS Imperial Star Destroyer.  Total asking price: $600 for both sets, less than the two cost originally at retail.

My heart hurts over this one.

This is fraud. It popped up in west Michigan and texas. There is a thread somewhere on this site about it. They give you a number to call and say they moved to Kentucky of some crap...

1 hour ago, Salimr said:

This is fraud. It popped up in west Michigan and texas. There is a thread somewhere on this site about it. They give you a number to call and say they moved to Kentucky of some crap...

I saw the ad as well in Pittsburgh and texted him and he said he moved to Kentucky.  I wonder what's the point of that? To get my cell phone number?

On the other hand, I picked up United Nations for $45 in BN and Arctic base camp from Target for $45.

Evening Everyone,

I purchased x2 Tumblers today which included an hours drive to a Smyths Store! My journey however is filled with regret, I finally found an Ewok Village but it was for £200 and even though this set is really really hard to find where i live i left it! am i a doughnut for leaving it? 

45 minutes ago, InfamouzDeep said:

Evening Everyone,

I purchased x2 Tumblers today which included an hours drive to a Smyths Store! My journey however is filled with regret, I finally found an Ewok Village but it was for £200 and even though this set is really really hard to find where i live i left it! am i a doughnut for leaving it? 

No you are safe.You can order one from LEGO S&H and get points as well.

15 hours ago, wakko said:

I saw the ad as well in Pittsburgh and texted him and he said he moved to Kentucky.  I wonder what's the point of that? To get my cell phone number?

On the other hand, I picked up United Nations for $45 in BN and Arctic base camp from Target for $45.

It is actually to get your number and email sometimes they even get a name and they know your city as that was where your ad was. They can sell this info. Ad this with credit skimmers in your area and your screwed :(

8 hours ago, Salimr said:

It is actually to get your number and email sometimes they even get a name and they know your city as that was where your ad was. They can sell this info. Ad this with credit skimmers in your area and your screwed :(

Well good thing I don't live in Pittsburgh where the ad is posted but was willing to drive there and when he said he moved to KY I stopped replying.  

Burned some SYW points and coupons on JW at Kmart.com.  Picked up two IRex for around $70 each and grabbed a couple RR for about $10 each, I had over $100 in points going in plus some vip coupons. Both are still available and not tagged as hot buys.  Also found a lonely TRex clearanced at walmart for $49. 

• Like 1

Bought a Millennium Falcon 75105 MISB for 105€ and a used 8087 Tie Defender for 41€. The 8087 was complete with box, intructions and even extra pieces. The owner took great care of it apart some dust in the black pieces. It was clearly a set he had for exhibtion. I'm building it, doing some modifications and then probably use the pieces for other things.

The MF, I still don't know if I'm building it or selling it.

• Like 1

Got three 21017 Imperial Hotel over the weekend. They were on sale for £77.99 which wasn't bad for a retired set, but then I got a further 10% off to make them £70.19 each. Architecture is not as big here in the UK but even selling these at RRP would net me a decent return so I'm happy with the cost. Wasn't sure they would actually ship (as they went out of stock soon after I ordered) but got confirmation last night and the courier should be here today. Pretty good deal I think.

Also picked up two 75090 Ezra's Speeder for £11.33 each, again not a set that will set the world on fire but one that offers a decent chunk of return even at RRP. 

Edited by jackanape
  • Like 1