What Lego set did you buy today?

Called a Wal-Mart that was in a rural area about 40 miles away and the csr in toys was actually very helpful - said that they were marking them down as she spoke. I asked, "How much off...10%...20%?". Her reply was "a ridiculous amount". So, I gathered up my two sons, ages 5 and 10 and we headed out. Man did we have a good haul! Here is what we ended up with:

6865 Captain America's Avenging Cycle: 5 x $3.00 each

6869 Quinjet: 2 x $34.00 each

9464 Vampire Hearse: 4 x $9.00 each

9463 Werewolf: 4 x $5.00 each

4439 Heavy-Duty Helicopter: 2 x $10.00 each

6860 Batcave: 4 x $17.00 each

Holy hell! Now THAT's a HAUL!

Is there a routine time Walmarts clearance items? I'm having trouble finding anything on clearance at the moment.

I did find one Walmart that had all the LOTR sets marked with red tags in a clearance section, but their marked prices and scanned prices were exactly the same as anywhere else...

Why are people so into the big LOTR castle set? I couldn't find anything fantastic about it, but I see a lot of people buying a ton of them here...

Called a Wal-Mart that was in a rural area about 40 miles away and the csr in toys was actually very helpful - said that they were marking them down as she spoke. I asked, "How much off...10%...20%?". Her reply was "a ridiculous amount". So, I gathered up my two sons, ages 5 and 10 and we headed out. Man did we have a good haul! Here is what we ended up with:

This just makes no logical sense whatsoever. Another good "pics or it didn't happen" post. ;-)

Don't know if Lego has or not, but if you believe these guys, there will be a series 11:

http://www.bricksandbloks.com/lego-minifigures-series-11-lineup-list-revealed-for-summer-2013/

Wow. So this time the box will be....green. Ha.

I had already found the list for Series 11 months ago and was pretty sure the source was reliable, this certainly confirms the list and release date of September. I'm still antsy about actual images as I'm sure everyone else is. I wonder if Bavarian Lady will be the female equivalent of the Lederhosen Guy? That would be perfect for an Octoberfest scene in Lego! :lol:

Series 9 sold out fast, and it's not near the series that 10 is as far as army builders go.

I know, I can't believe just how many 'army builder' characters there are in Series 10. Ugh, this one is gonna kill my wallet for sure....

I know, I can't believe just how many 'army builder' characters there are in Series 10. Ugh, this one is gonna kill my wallet for sure....

How many figures completes an army?

I accidentally bought a second poly bag zombie from the Monster Hunters theme because I forgot I already had it. I guess I'll be opening one.

How many figures completes an army? I don't know. I guess as many you want? :-/ I'm not planning on getting a ton like the amount seen in that recently posted Helm's Deep MOC but I would like to get a good number for certain characters to use in different display ideas.

I am incredibly jealous of you!

Well, at least if you are doing a display with any of the sports characters, you know you have a limit to how many can be on-field at once....

Yep. There is like, what, nine players on the field for baseball? So I'm gonna need to at least that many more of the Baseball Fielder. :-S

I really love the detail of that minifigure though and it's one of my tops for Series 10. Don't know why, I just do.

Let's see, they did the Baseball Player in Series 3, and now Baseball Fielder in Series 10. (First one's red, the other's blue.) I wonder if they'll come up with an Umpire to complete the scene?

I'm hoping you bought all the batcaves they had at that price........

Definitely didn't have as good as a deal as stephen but after much debate I decided to buy the last MF train set for 54 at walmart, and while I was searching around the clearance aisle, I bumped into a single series 9 baggy. I bought the minifig as well and thankfully it was the knight :D. Totally made my night.

Some of the deals you guys get are absolutely ridiculous!!! I need to get buddy buddy with my local Wal-Mart toy guy and see if they can knock prices down that low. I wonder if they have to follow some guideline or if its strictly up to them to just figure it out. Seems more efficient to send them to walmart.com then sell so cheap.

Some of the deals you guys get are absolutely ridiculous!!! I need to get buddy buddy with my local Wal-Mart toy guy and see if they can knock prices down that low. I wonder if they have to follow some guideline or if its strictly up to them to just figure it out. Seems more efficient to send them to walmart.com then sell so cheap.

It seems that every store is a bit different. Really depends on how well they are moving their stock. I will see similar sales that are talked about in other parts of the country, but as far as clearances, I think it is store to store.

Go to walmarts in the middle of nowhere guys

Texas is full of small towns, only problem is we are talking hours of drive time. There is a Wal-Mart near me right now in one of the towns over that has a R2-D2 for 159.98. I wonder if that will drop in price any more...I should have picked it up box was mint minus the clearance sticker

Purchased some used SW sets for personal collection today off Craigslist. Boxes and manuals included, pieces look clean and nice. Got a couple battle packs, A battle of Naboo, A Wampa Cave, Hoth base, Mace Windu starfighter, Ewok attack, AT-ST, and something else i don't remember for 100 bucks.

This just makes no logical sense whatsoever. Another good "pics or it didn't happen" post. ;-)

Sorry sarm34, I would have posted back earlier, but I just saw your post - here's the pic - like kerrmando says - middle of nowhere Wal-Mart stores can contain some great deals - sometimes you have to drive forever just to strike out, but sometimes you hit the jackpot - I just wish there was a good inventory checker with current prices somewhere online that was accurate - I would pay for such a service - by the way, my son bought the fourth Batcave so that's why the receipt only lists three

Every time, I see you guys posting these crazy deals, they are absolutely foreign to me, but every time you also produce the receipts to back it up. Great job! I may need to take my 45mpg car and hit all the rural walmarts within 2 hours of me some saturday, I will probably just burn through $40 in gas and have nothing to show for it.

Picked up ten weathertops today on discount. also bought some sealed vintage sets. mainly pirates. 6281 being one of them. Needless to say im excited.. 27 sealed vintage sets in total. Paid way over brickpicker value...but thats because brickpicker value isn't always perfect on the vintage stuff ;)

Picked up ten weathertops today on discount.

also bought some sealed vintage sets. mainly pirates. 6281 being one of them. Needless to say im excited..

27 sealed vintage sets in total. Paid way over brickpicker value...but thats because brickpicker value isn't always perfect on the vintage stuff ;)

Big spender! That's pretty cool...I get excited when I get a vintage castle set that I really wanted for myself. I know I'm going to have to overpay when I eventually get my 6086, but I'll be excited for it nonetheless.