What Lego set did you buy today?

3x 75076 republic gunship - $8.50 ea

3x 75073 vulture droid - $8.50 ea

3x 75077 homing spider droid - $8.50 ea

2x 75072 arc-170 star fighter $11.50 ea

75033 star destoryer - $11.50 (damaged box)

75016 homing spider droid - $27.00

and last but not least a non Lego score of these weird little remote controlled hexbug spider fighterthings for $2.80 (90% off) at Kmart.. Watched some YouTube videos and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep them to play with

homing droid.jpg

hexbug.jpg

Late night ebaying got me a T-Rex tracker (used complete) for $35 and a kingdoms joust 10223 open box sealed bags for $85.

So that's who bought it out from under me, lol.

I was going to buy that $35 T Rex but fell asleep. I'm recovering from a root canal and I was a bit drugged up last night. Saw it and fell asleep before I bought it. Lol

Bought a loose 10210 Imperial Flagship for $375 from craigslist. With instructions but no box. Everything is in good condition but a little dusty so I've got some brick washing in my future. I'm not a ship fan but I'm hoping it has legs long term. I figure I can at least get my money back and a little bit more if it doesn't.

15 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Bought a loose 10210 Imperial Flagship for $375 from craigslist. With instructions but no box. Everything is in good condition but a little dusty so I've got some brick washing in my future. I'm not a ship fan but I'm hoping it has legs long term. I figure I can at least get my money back and a little bit more if it doesn't.

Right on! I got one from CL for the exact same price about two months ago (instructions, but no box). You gotta build it. I wasn't a 'ship fan' either, but I gotta say, this one converted me. I absolutely love this ship. I'm a collector, but don't get too attached to things (I'm constantly churning). This is one of about three that I can't see myself ever parting with. I absolutely love it. The other ones I can't seem to part with are Emerald Night and UCS R2-D2. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2016 at 2:20 AM, torville1976 said:
4 hours ago, Brickerbrack said:

Picked up 2x Villa Savoye and a Flatiron from Amazon.

Also went in on that Hellicarrier from AWD. Almost guarantee the Minifigs will be gone, but we will see.

never had problem with the AWD purchase.

whether you are aware or not most of AWD contents are verified. they are complete 95% of the time. even in some cases when bags had been opened they have repackaged it with a note and extra pieces in separate bags.

{ i don't think i am the one seeing this :) }

Edited by newbie77

2 hours ago, thegooch49 said:

Right on! I got one from CL for the exact same price about two months ago (instructions, but no box). You gotta build it. I wasn't a 'ship fan' either, but I gotta say, this one converted me. I absolutely love this ship. I'm a collector, but don't get too attached to things (I'm constantly churning). This is one of about three that I can't see myself ever parting with. I absolutely love it. The other ones I can't seem to part with are Emerald Night and UCS R2-D2. 

Now I'm afraid to build it. LOL

So I went for a Lego run today.

I had to take the boy to register for baseball in Madison Heights, MI today.  Because, you know everyone is thinking baseball on January 30.    (By the way, it was like 50 degrees here today so we practiced in colder weather last April so it really does make sense).

After that we had a few hours to kill before I had to take him 10 miles east to hockey (Which is more a January sport).

I believe that Lego people understand how a 10 mile drive can take three hours and actual put fifty miles on the car.

Here is how…

Kmart, Meijer, Meijer, Walmart, Walmart, Meijer (Hockey rink), Meijer, Meijer, Walmart, Target, Walmart, Meijer, Target, Walmart.  I drove past the last Kmart on the route – I was there the other day and it according to Rainman (and me) “Sucks”.

Only people who read this site understand this route (or their similar one)

IT wasn’t a great day as I was still looking for the Meijer “Additional 25% Clearance off already Clearance priced Toys”  - I have seen these signs before but they are as a rare as Modesty in the Kardashian family. 

So what did I find you may ask

Kmart – Jungle Bike rescues at 10.49 each but with SYW points I got an additional $5 off 16 so out the door for $16.72.  (A 47% discount so worth it it to me on a small buy.

Then off to the Meijer at 8 Mile in Detroit.  (Yes, that is the Eight mile Eminem refers to in the title of the movie) It is at Woodward and eight mile where the state fairgrounds were.   At this Meijer I had an mperks for $5 off of $50 so it was time to see if I could use it.  I also had a $9 reward from a purchase a while back so I could pull $14 off a $50 purchase and I knew they had a mountain Hut a week ago so lets see if they still have it.  They do? For $29.99 and they have a Dune Buggy Trailer for $14.99 and a ATV Patrol for 5.29.  Add it up, take the discounts and I am rolling with all three sets for $38.46.  That represents a discount of over 40% from list.  Cool!!! I like the Mountain hut for a buy in of $21

So then I went to Walmart.  IT was great they had Hurricane Heist for $35 but I just bought like 7 for $17.49 from Meijer last weekend.  I guess I don’t see 35 being a great buy.  IF I was going to buy something else than I would have added it but the only other 50% off set was Chima (And we all know how we feel about Chima) I left empty handed. 

Next Walmart – Empty handed.  A few small pirate sets but nothing worth the line.

Meijer – the one I wanted to get to.  Mines from Minecraft for $82.49.  Village Centers for $142.99, Space Port for $90.  Plus I have a 15% off coupon.  Two of each - $600 Plus.  Than I remember I just wrote $2500 in checks this morning to Credit Card companies.  I’m still waiting for that extra 25% off Clearance items.  But it isn’t today.  I buy nothing.   I leave and keep telling myself there are more stores to go. 

Hockey Rink.  Kids team loses 6 to 3.  Kids Mom picks him up so I am now kidless for the afternoon.  What does any well respecting Brick Picker do.  Look for Lego.  Off to the Meijer next to the hockey rink.  Nothing

Off to the Meijer north of there (the one near the jail) It’s funny how I can describe the Meijer locations by the notable landmarks like hockey rink, jail, strip club, Flavor Flav’s Fried Chicken (Since evicted), etc.

Here I hit the last of anything worth a damn.

I found a Bennys Spacship for $50 and I have an Mperk account for another $5 coupon off $50 so that is a Benny’s Spaceship for $45.  Box is Spidered and is beat up a little with one tape seal packed but at 55% off  I am in.  They also had 21118 the Mine with a 35% off coupon.  Pull up another mPerk account with a 5 off 50 Coupon.  (Yes I have multiple accounts I use. – Wife, Mom, dead grandma, etc.)  So I got a Mine for 66.49 plus tax.  40% off on a Mine and getting it for under $69 that all those Walmart folks keep talking about is a win for me.   I also threw ina Twin Totor helicopter I found with open seals for 50% off.  This one was $6.50 and I might just build it for giggles ad the box is open but 50% off and not Chima or Ninjago.  I’ll bite. 

The rest of the drive nothing. 

But What I got was good and I really wanted the hut and happy to add the Mine to Inventory as well.  I did not break the bank either and I still have that 15% off coupon.  It expires in the end of February so I will hold for a while longer.