What Lego set did you buy today?

19 minutes ago, torville1976 said:

Just bought a 75056 Star Wars Advent calendar and a 75097 too.

Seem like a good buy in my opinion.

I'll hold to these  and see what they are worth around October.

Do these get relaunched every year?

New one each year. Sept 1st release. I think these were a little over hoarded this past xmas, but I'm not sure. 

2 hours ago, neco said:

Dr Who Ideas Set 21304  on deal at Amazon UK for £37.47, so I went in for a few, all as separate transactions so I could get the £1 amazon no rush delivery benefit on each order too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0154V7D9A?keywords=lego%20doctor%20who&qid=1454064936&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Good deal, matched what I got some from IWOOT for. Price is back up to £50 now though. I'm always puzzled why amazon do these good deals for really short periods of time - not a lightning deal either, and the prices are always rather random.

EDIT: Seems they were matching the Tesco price - which is still valid, so fill your boots if you want them.

Picked up my last Tumbler last night, also got another X-Wing (Poe Dameron version) for £59.99 delivered today, it was a replacement for the beaten up one that I'd been sent previously.

Edited by jackanape

14 hours ago, rdandy5875 said:

DID some TRUTH'ing today:

75101 tie fighter: Price match to amz 55.99 - $45 rewards = $11.95 otd (she forgot to add the 10% for tru card)

75101 tie fighter: Price match to amz 55.99 - 20% off for tru card = $48.71 otd (she gave me 20% because she forgot the 10% above)

42030 Volvo Wheel Loader: Price match to amz 227.99 - 10% off for tru card = $223.14 otd

The @ a Target on the way home I found a 75080 SW AAT NOT marked clearance, but out of place = $12.90 otd w/red card

My sales tax is 8.75%

I was happy.

Nice deal on Tie fighters. Never thought to pricematch with amazon.

FYI, amazon.de has 42030 and it's about $190 shipped to US. If you order 3, I think it comes down to $180ish. They ship fairly quickly to US. Ordered 3 and they came with all individual box and no sign of damage to the box. I haven't opened them yet though. Went to the storage.

31 minutes ago, lego13 said:

FYI, amazon.de has 42030 and it's about $190 shipped to US. If you order 3, I think it comes down to $180ish. They ship fairly quickly to US. Ordered 3 and they came with all individual box and no sign of damage to the box. I haven't opened them yet though. Went to the storage.

Wal-Mart has 75101 @ that price to fyi. I'll check out Amazon.de thx

11 hours ago, Phil B said:

Care to mention any prices?

75030-1: MILLENNIUM FALCON (damaged box) 10.99

75072-1: ARC-170 STARFIGHTER 9.99

75074-1: SNOWSPEEDER 9.99

75075-1: AT-AT 10.99

79018-1: THE LONELY MOUNTAIN 139.99

Pretty much full msrp. They actually tried to charge more in true TRU fashion for all but I price matched their website prices which were lower lol. Since Lonely Mountain is retired I figured I probably wasn't going to get anything better than that later on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lego13 said:

I'm good on the 42030, but also can get the 42043 MB AROCS for as low as $183/set on 3.

off topic but related: I've never ordered from amz de, though, and have a question about the exchange. Should I pay in USD or EUR? It seems like their rate is a little higher than actual. Should I just pay in EUR and let my CC sort it out? Is that even possible? Does it matter? I'm pretty green with ordering overseas.

10 minutes ago, rdandy5875 said:

I'm good on the 42030, but also can get the 42043 MB AROCS for as low as $183/set on 3.

off topic but related: I've never ordered from amz de, though, and have a question about the exchange. Should I pay in USD or EUR? It seems like their rate is a little higher than actual. Should I just pay in EUR and let my CC sort it out? Is that even possible? Does it matter? I'm pretty green with ordering overseas.

The situation is the other way around for me (I'm in Europe) but when I order from Amazon.com I've found that ordering in USD is cheaper than ordering in EUR. I assume the currency rate Amazon is using isn't as good as the one used by the CC company.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rdandy5875 said:

Yeah, I noticed 42043 too but I thought it's too early to buy unless you want to build. 

If you have a credit card with no foreign transaction fee then use it with EUR. It's cheaper that way from my experience. If you don't have such credit cards then I would pay with USD from amazon.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, this post is about some sets I did NOT get to buy today, and I'm pretty sure another BPer beat me to them.  To the lucky, lucky person I congratulate you on the deal of a lifetime and also I hate you forever. :P

Some idiot teen in Iowa decided he was too old for Lego and had his mom put up a Craigslist ad for his old sets.  New-in-box, never opened 10179 UCS Milennium Falcon AND 10030 UCS Imperial Star Destroyer.  Total asking price: $600 for both sets, less than the two cost originally at retail.

My heart hurts over this one.

Edited by vmnlogan

7 minutes ago, vmnlogan said:

Unfortunately, this post is about some sets I did NOT get to buy today, and I'm pretty sure another BPer beat me to them.  To the lucky, lucky person I congratulate you on the deal of a lifetime and also I hate you forever. :P

Some idiot teen in Iowa decided he was too old for Lego and had his mom put up a Craigslist ad for his old sets.  New-in-box, never opened 10179 UCS Milennium Falcon AND 10030 UCS Imperial Star Destroyer.  Total asking price: $600, less than the two cost originally at retail.

This was more likely a scam than someone actually selling those two sets for that price. Don't you think?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, vmnlogan said:

Some idiot teen in Iowa decided he was too old for Lego and had his mom put up a Craigslist ad for his old sets.  New-in-box, never opened 10179 UCS Milennium Falcon AND 10030 UCS Imperial Star Destroyer.  Total asking price: $600 for both sets, less than the two cost originally at retail.

Yeah, it's hard to get over some of missed opportunities. I've had many in the past.  Like the other poster said, think it was not legit. Move on to the next deal i guess. 

10 minutes ago, vmnlogan said:

This was discussed the other day, it's a scam, the same photos have been showing up in different states on Craigslist.

3 hours ago, Phil B said:

Tell us more about where you find PR for $145 incl shipping :)

eBay!  I made a Best Offer they couldn't refuse :) 

It was an item that they marked on sale already for $157.50 with Best Offer available - I sent them an email asking if they'd take $145 and we had a deal!  Hopefully it comes in safely.  Buying it to build!

2 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

This was discussed the other day, it's a scam, the same photos have been showing up in different states on Craigslist.

I'm going to cling tightly to that idea. I'll have to page back through the thread to find the discussion. I stopped getting notifications of new posts in this thread a while ago; I was getting too jealous of the deals everybody is finding. No Lego stores here and the WM managers all use clearance as a "we will no longer stock this but we still expect you to pay full price" designation.

Cheers.

• Like 2