What Lego set did you buy today?

6 minutes ago, Roy vd M. said:

Probably because of the fact that it is one of two medium-sized 2015 Star Wars sets to be retired in Europe and sold out in the United States. 

I treat this in my blog of today. 

Thanks for the insight.  During dec kmart had them for $37 each, so grabbed a few around the $20 mark or less. Glad I did as I like the set.

40 minutes ago, teamhappyfrog said:

why the increased interest for AT-DP?

I missed the AT - AT completely and this set was a bit cheaper than retail. Maybe 10% off and since I didn't get any previously I figured why not scoop a couple up. They'll be gone soon and what's the worst case that happens, I build one (which is not worst but best) and keep one for a couple years...nbd. At least now my wife won't be the only one in the family w/long legs :)

On January 26, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Alpinemaps said:

70741 Ninjago Airjitzu Cole Flyer for $9.99

Yes, that's RRP.  But there's a piece in there that's exclusive to that set, and one other set - the 2015 SDCC Tatooine Minibuild.  I can't seem to find anyone selling that one part.  So, the kids get the Flyer, with a part replaced.

These are clearance for $5.50 at walgreens. 

Yeah, well, if your local Walgreens actually carries anything LEGO.  At least local to me in SoCal, the 5 or 6 Walgreens that are within 20 minutes of me never have any LEGO.

My area had Lava Falls at that price, Anacondrai Crusher for $12 and Adventure Vehicles for $15 (all 40% off). I'm waiting for the microfighters and other items under the "Spring 2015" tags to clearance. I'm guessing the Superhero microfighters will be the replacement, so March.

1x 3367 - Space Shuttle at 22,40 €, new.

Found it at the online store of a big local retailer. The box was with a layer of dust, probably it spent all this time in warehouse and never saw the aisles.

Any thoughts in flipping this one or keeping it until current 60078 is retired?

Edited by firos

At Gamestop about 1 year ago...

Me: Hey, do you have any extra of those Plastic Man promotional polybags?  I've heard that some stores have excess inventory and are selling them.

Clerk: No, they all went with the pre-orders and we don't have any left.  If you really want one, you should consider pre-ordering.

Me: You're right.  Thanks.

Yesterday at the exact same Gamestop

Me: I'm here to pick up my LEGO Avengers pre-order.

Clerk: Here you go.  This comes with the Silver Centurion polybag.  We also had some Plastic Man giveaways from the Batman 3 video game last year, so you get one of those too.

Me: Thanks!  Can I buy another copy?

Clerk: Yes, but the promo items are only for pre-orders.

That was a pretty nice surprise as I still hadn't picked up Plastic Man for my collection.  She also mentioned they didn't get a lot of the Silver Centurions, so I'm not optimistic about a repeat on the next pre-order.  

• Like 1