What Lego set did you buy today?

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Holy crud - Zombie Bride.  The entire pick up is outstanding, but that's a great pick up you got there.

To be honest, I didn't even know they were from the rare zombies set until I researched it today. I was mainly excited about the cmf bunny suit guy and lizard guy when I picked them up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Scored a nice deal last night. Guy posted the CMF display box with figures for $20. It was posted four hours ago but I decided to call anyway. Surprisingly, they were still available. I then did my routine next line, "You got any more Lego you're looking to sell?". He says he has a 95+% complete 4842 Hogwarts but no minifigures for $40 and a few loose Star Wars and Zombie figures. I show interest and he says, "If you buy the CMF display box and Hogwarts for $60, he'll throw in the extra figures for free." I said DEAL! Met him and here's what I got. I dug in the Hogwarts bin and found five HP figures! I'm still in shock with what I got for $60. 

CL buy1.jpg

CL Buy2.JPG

CL Buy3.jpg

That is an awesome deal! This reminds me of the crazy ridiculous deals my sister scores on CL. She recently got that Hogwarts castle and a Death Star, both used and complete with all minifigs, for $275. People do not have a clue what their stuff is worth except where I live it seems.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, jackanape said:

Managed to get a bunch of the new LEGO sets for 25% off, including the Battle for Takadona and Resistance Troop Transport. Got a Doctor Who set for the same price too - so only £37.49 rather than £49.99.

He tempts us, then leaves us hanging! :jester:

2 hours ago, TheGallows said:

Where? ;) 

Flash sale at IWOOT - but it only lasted an hour and was only valid through an email link.

Discount only worked up to £100 (so £25 off max BUT you could log out and make multiple orders). Their codes aren't meant to work on Lego so this was a rarity. Though sadly it didn't work on the First Order Transporter or Tie Fighter. But was good on all the small troop sets, Dr Who, Big Bang, Burj Khalifa, Resistance Transport and Takadona. They also have a bunch of other Lego sets that I didn't test it on.

Will post up the link here next time to help folks out, but I was in a hustle to order the bits I wanted and now it's expired.

Managed to get an Architecture Flatiron Building for £25.00 too - as Flubit beat the current Amazon price of £28.09.

Edited by jackanape
  • Like 1

Picked up these over the weekend.

TRU Ninjago City $58.38, Hydra Fortress 76041 $34.48 plus tax

Kroger 5 x Hydra 76017 at RRP

Used/complete 15 Soon-to-be-retired Architecture set plus BTTF and Ecto-1 at average half price of RRP from ebay by making deal with a seller. Total $400.

Used/complete Sydney Opera House $235 from ebay.

Smyth's Toys have been teasing new stock of the Lego Batman Tumbler being in between 26th-29th January.

I took a look this early afternoon at the site and to my surprise they were already in. Bought one for £159.99p. They were unavailable soon after.

Amazingly happy as they will go up huge considering they are meant to be retired.

8 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Is where a secret...? emoji4.png

Target price match to Amazon, then Cartwheel coupon.  Can't do it with more than 4 at a time.  I think there's a limit of 6 Cartwheel scans per day.  It has to be a PM to the exact item on Amazon (e.g., BTTF to BTTF, etc).  Only works on Fun Packs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

Target price match to Amazon, then Cartwheel coupon.  Can't do it with more than 4 at a time.  I think there's a limit of 6 Cartwheel scans per day.  It has to be a PM to the exact item on Amazon (e.g., BTTF to BTTF, etc).  Only works on Fun Packs.

This is very YMMV. My Target will laugh at you, make you buy a frappicino at their Sbux and then spit in it if you try to do this.

10 minutes ago, pete411 said:

This is very YMMV. My Target will laugh at you, make you buy a frappicino at their Sbux and then spit in it if you try to do this.

My Target wasn't that hostile, but they said that while they could price match Amazon, they wouldn't stack the Cartwheel discount on top of that. Some are luckier than others....

13 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Ah.  Well, I've done this on multiple occasions, without the CS people batting an eye.  They look up the price, do the PM, and then scan Cartwheel.