What Lego set did you buy today?

Received my Tumbler from Target today. Minty fresh finally. I bought one from Target about 6 months ago and had to return it, as it came crammed in a box that wasn't meant for it. Today, it came in a box that could have easily fit two tumblers. Happy Friday!!!

Scooped up a used (claims built 1 time) SW Rey's Speeder 100% complete & the guy tossed in a C3PO mini figure promo with the red arm also opened for $12.50 +shipping. It seemed like a fine deal to me since I wanted to buy it new to build anyways, plus the C3PO was the icing on the cake.  

Edited by Deanfjr

12 minutes ago, BP said:

Pfff why did I miss that one :P

because most ppl look at the date of an add, i dont... even if its 6 months or longer ago i still mail or bid, especially if there are like 0 bids.
PS i u see UCS, or modulars at reasonable price, mail and say u will pick up the item, even if its far in Belgium. 2dehands is full of scammers that pray u will transfer money and u will never hear, see them again. I reported over 50 of those cases already!! 

Picked up a Creator Ferrari F40 at the LEGO store with bonus 500 VIP points because the corner of the box flap was bent. It straightened out just find but left maybe a 1.5-2" crease. Front and back of box are flawless. For a personal build, I'll take that all day long.

Also picked up seven different Bionicles sets at half price from the same store. My youngest has an obsession with the Bionicles sets, so these make nice low price rewards for good behavior weeks at school.

FYI if you're in the Atlanta area, this was the Northpoint Mall LEGO store. I spoke to the manager and he wants to start putting out "damaged" exclusives with bonus VIP points every Tuesday or Wednesday. I guess currently they're identifying them as the damage happens and keeping them in the back.

• Like 2

another 10 Ecto-1 from Walmart, tax free NH in store pickup with 4% raise cards.  at goal of 50.  somehow i think i will end up blowing past this goal when it comes time for EOL.

codes 51R5 on all 10.

also got on the elves bandwagon with $16 atari magic bakeries at the same walmart.  daughters already eyeing them asking me where did i put them.

Edited by cladner

Just got back from my Florida Legoland trip where I picked up a Tumbler (actually got it at Lego store in Downtown Disney) and also popped into a Walmart and found some Friends and one Merida on clearance.  Pleased but... looking at the photo: the $62 investment on the left, or the $203 investment on the right... which do you think will give me more profit in the next year or so?

tum1.jpg

• Like 1

Most important purchase of the day, even more important than going to the LEGO store, was swinging by the Coach handbag store.

I double stacked my VIP coupon with the in-store promo to pick the wife up 2 new purses and a wallet. Total RRP of the items $975. I paid $287, good for a 70% off discount. All paid for with proceeds from two LEGO set sales this week.

For the newer members, purchases like this are key to keeping the spouse happy, and go a long way in reducing any friction over my LEGO expenditures.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

Most important purchase of the day, even more important than going to the LEGO store, was swinging by the Coach handbag store.

I double stacked my VIP coupon with the in-store promo to pick the wife up 2 new purses and a wallet. Total RRP of the items $975. I paid $287, good for a 70% off discount. All paid for with proceeds from two LEGO set sales this week.

For the newer members, purchases like this are key to keeping the spouse happy, and go a long way in reducing any friction over my LEGO expenditures.

Nice. Gotta keep the spouse happy. Thanks for reminding me too.....I gotta give the wife a couple bucks. I'm due.

• Like 1