What Lego set did you buy today?

14 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Found this listing on eBay and figured it was worth a shot to buy one- worst case if something goes wrong I should be able to get my money back. Been collecting for 6 months now and this would be my first Harry Potter set!!! What do you guys think? I've never seen any Harry Potter bootlegs out in the wild so hopefully this is the real deal.  There were 4 available in total and they were all snatched up pretty quick

http://m.ebay.com/itm/291666550518?_mwBanner=1

I think you don't have time to ask others here.  As soon as you ask, it will be bought by someone else.

6 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I think you don't have time to ask others here.  As soon as you ask, it will be bought by someone else.

Yeah I was able to purchase one.  Since it's coming from Hong Kong it'll be a month and a half before it gets to NY but I don't mind waiting if it's the real deal.  Was just wondering if others had experience ordering a mis-priced listing from Hong Kong.  I know there are certain Lego bootlegs out there that originate from Asia but I've never seen Harry Potter bootlegs...

My wife stumbled upon a 70169 - Agent Stealth Patrol in a local toy store's clearance bin, for 50% off. She messaged me about it, asking if she should get it. Told her to take it.  

My wife has strict orders to buy any and all LEGO at 50% off, no questions asked. I'll worry about it later if it's a bust, but there's always a kids birthday or Toys for Tots.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

My wife has strict orders to buy any and all LEGO at 50% off, no questions asked. I'll worry about it later if it's a bust, but there's always a kids birthday or Toys for Tots.

Hey, I love to sell junk, but there's still some junk Watto won't accept.

TJMaxx-  

2 complete sets of Series 5 Mixels. Each Mixel was $3.99. Figured why not.

WM Clearance- 

4x 75094 Shuttle Tydirium at $74 ea.

1x 60080 Spaceport for $89.

3x 31038 Changing Seasons at $35 ea.

3x 70402 Gatehouse Raid at $21 ea.

3x 70403 Dragon Mountain at $35 ea.

The WM in Fairhaven, MA still has about a dozen each of the 2 Castle sets I left. They also had about8x 9525 Pre Vizslas at $40 ea that I left as well.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I find that interesting.  Usually when WM does things like that, it's a sign of an impending exit..

It can be a sign, but its usually a sign 6+ months ahead of actual retirement.  also Q1 is inventory season so clearance is quite chaotic, especially at Walmart where clearance is often chaotic anyway.

now at $74 its a decent buy, but you likely have most of this year to stock up.

Edited by jay4e

10 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

It's the best when they do it 3 times during 3 different seasons because they get them restocked anyway.

I looked around the so-called "Clearance" isles in my walmart today but found only fake deals (i.e. $5 off a $50 set), and "clearance" on newly released sets such as CITY Crooks Hide-out. Best discount was Turtle Liar from $99 for $74, didn't bite of course. Ended up buying 2 Friends polybags with R3 date codes :)

32 minutes ago, jay4e said:

It can be a sign, but its usually a sign 6+ months ahead of actual retirement.  also Q1 is inventory season so clearance is quite chaotic, especially at Walmart where clearance is often chaotic anyway.

now at $74 its a decent buy, but you likely have most of this year to stock up.

True, but not at 74.00.  That buy-in is perfect, IMO for this set.  Usually at the EOL the prices go up a bit.

13 batman magnets ($1.50 each) and 5 coin banks ($7.50 each), order also included 13 iron man magnets to reach $75/free shipping, iron men were cancelled-they added shipping wtf. I may call them to try to get refunded for shipping

one coin bank has slightly damaged box, so I think I'll b building this one....

Edited by Lordoflego

11 hours ago, HappyHawkeye said:

I've got a beat up box/sealed bag Grand Emporium on the way. After months of holding out I am going to start building modulars....for better or worse :)

It's for the better. The modulars are really nice builds. One of my childhood friends has done around 30 MOCs to compliment the LEGO official models. Once you understand some of the basics of the build layouts and learn a few advanced building techniques, there's really no limit to what you can create.

• Like 1