What Lego set did you buy today?

Picked up my 2 Big Yellow Box 10697 from site to store and kindly asked them to scan them to see what it rings up as. Came up at $15. I said is there any way I can gt that price. After 20 min and 4 different people got them for $15. The one guy was basically trying to buy the one from me even searching for price on Amazon. I said yea some low lifes resell these for over $100.  

Not my purchase but someone picked up a relatively under priced 10179 listed at £1300 from UK Gumtree ad that popped up last night and the ad was gone this morning although can still be found thanks to google cache.

Same seller also had a 10189 Taj listed at £1200 which has also disappeared so maybe the same buyer did a deal a got both for a good price.

10179_ad.JPG

21 minutes ago, neco said:

Not my purchase but someone picked up a relatively under priced 10179 listed at £1300 from UK Gumtree ad that popped up last night and the ad was gone this morning although can still be found thanks to google cache.

Same seller also had a 10189 Taj listed at £1200 which has also disappeared so maybe the same buyer did a deal a got both for a good price.

10179_ad.JPG

Funny, someone is selling that very same one on ebay.fr right now.

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-Ultimate-Collectors-Millennium-Falcon-10179-1st-edition-set-/111468646511

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gregpj said:

But if I read it correctly the french listing is showing shipping from the US (New York). so basically this listing (you just have the "International Version" of this listing): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-Ultimate-Collectors-Millennium-Falcon-10179-1st-edition-set-/111468646511

Likely the Gumtree listing copied the image off of ebay, which makes it all the more suspicious to me.

32 minutes ago, Phil B said:

But if I read it correctly the french listing is showing shipping from the US (New York). so basically this listing (you just have the "International Version" of this listing): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-Ultimate-Collectors-Millennium-Falcon-10179-1st-edition-set-/111468646511

Likely the Gumtree listing copied the image off of ebay, which makes it all the more suspicious to me.

(sorry, I'm in France so all my searches get redirected through the French equivalent)

But yes, my point was that the image was either stolen for the Gumtree listing or for the eBay listing. You pick.

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

(sorry, I'm in France so all my searches get redirected through the French equivalent)

But yes, my point was that the image was either stolen for the Gumtree listing or for the eBay listing. You pick.

Given that the ebay listing has several images which all correspond (same floor, same lighting, same wall), I think the gumtree one is suspicious. Especially at that price.

Found this listing on eBay and figured it was worth a shot to buy one- worst case if something goes wrong I should be able to get my money back. Been collecting for 6 months now and this would be my first Harry Potter set!!! What do you guys think? I've never seen any Harry Potter bootlegs out in the wild so hopefully this is the real deal.  There were 4 available in total and they were all snatched up pretty quick

http://m.ebay.com/itm/291666550518?_mwBanner=1

Edited by jonnyhanukkah