What Lego set did you buy today?

Friends

Olivia's Tree House

City Park Cafe

Squirrel's Tree House

Turtle's Little Oasis

Star Wars

Ewok Attack

There was only one left of this in Target and when I price scanned it, nothing came up. The display said "item not in system" or something. I took it to an employee which then went to customer service and they couldn't find it in the database or if they offered the item at the online store. Seems it was some leftover clearance and they offered me the least they could which was (wait for it.......) $5.98 and NO TAX! I gave them $6 in cash and done was done! I just got a $24.99 set for $6! WHOOHOO!

Out of all my retailers, Target was the only one that had Series 10.

Got a whole complete set in one go so I'm pretty much set and pleased with myself.

Congrats on that Ewok attack! That was a cool story indeed, bro.

Congrats on that Ewok attack! That was a cool story indeed, bro.Thanks, bro. ;-)

At best, I was hoping to find a bit of a discount since the box was kind of beat up but the seals were perfectly intact somehow. I am used to every now and again finding some 'lone set' sitting by itself stuck in there for no reason, then scan it and find a good sale. I had no idea how lucky I was until seeing the price that came up on the cash register screen!

I went on a shopping trip to two toy stores in a nearby town... First store: no less than five Friends Advent Calendars on the shelves! They were 19.90 EUR, so I happily picked up two of them. The second store had a 15% off deal going on for all Lego products. I spotted a 4644 Marina on clearance, so with the discount I got it for 25.50 EUR (original retail price 59.99 EUR).

Just got home from Fred Meyers (a Northwest chain). Found these sets on clearance. 9473 Mines of Moria 2@ $25.25 7347 Highway pickup 2@ $38.38 9472 Attack on Weathertop 3@$19.19 6864 Batman and Two-Face Chase 1@$15.99 All this and no sales tax. If you live in Oregon or Washington, check it out.

Just got home from Fred Meyers (a Northwest chain). Found these sets on clearance.

9473 Mines of Moria 2@ $25.25

7347 Highway pickup 2@ $38.38

9472 Attack on Weathertop 3@$19.19

6864 Batman and Two-Face Chase 1@$15.99

All this and no sales tax.

If you live in Oregon or Washington, check it out.

Nicely done. Wish some of my surrounding stores would heed this and clearance out their old supply of LotR sets.

Just got home from Fred Meyers (a Northwest chain). Found these sets on clearance.

9473 Mines of Moria 2@ $25.25

7347 Highway pickup 2@ $38.38

9472 Attack on Weathertop 3@$19.19

6864 Batman and Two-Face Chase 1@$15.99

All this and no sales tax.

If you live in Oregon or Washington, check it out.

I have like 10 Fred Meyer around me, where on earth is this? I haven't seen anything like this and I have been to a bunch.

Hit a couple Walmarts way out of my area in South Texas while visiting family. Didn't find any LOTR clearance or anything unusual like others are finding. It wasn't a total wash, though. These stores still had decent stock of MF clearance. Grabbed 2 VC's (boxes on the others were damaged), a couple Werewolfs, and a couple Mummy's. They had Ghost trains but I decided to pass. No Hearses or scientists.

And I have seen Weathertop and Mines of Moria on sale there, but not at those prices. I would say I've only seen one Mines of Moria out of all of the stores to begin with...

Here in Medford we have two Freddys. Only found the Mines of Moria in one store. Off to Grants Pass tomorrow.

Here in Medford we have two Freddys. Only found the Mines of Moria in one store. Off to Grants Pass tomorrow.

Ah, Oregon. Thanks. I'm up in Washington. Seattle area is a very tough one to find clearance deals. I assume the Chowren Toys guys are driving around buying it all up. :-/

Even if I had a scale good enough, I would have to think that the difference in weight was negligible over an entire 60 count box. There's probably enough difference in the amount of wrapping or glue to throw off any small differences in weight that Mr. Gold would have. If he was a true gold Mr. Gold, you would be onto something, because there would be a significant enough difference in weight.

As it is, I'll go through and get what I need out of the first box, and then wait for Lego to be sold out of Series 10, which I think will happen sooner rather than later. Series 9 sold out fast, and it's not near the series that 10 is as far as army builders go. My guess is that it will be sold out before Series 11 hits the shelves, which is August I believe.

Called a Wal-Mart that was in a rural area about 40 miles away and the csr in toys was actually very helpful - said that they were marking them down as she spoke. I asked, "How much off...10%...20%?". Her reply was "a ridiculous amount". So, I gathered up my two sons, ages 5 and 10 and we headed out. Man did we have a good haul! Here is what we ended up with: 6865 Captain America's Avenging Cycle: 5 x $3.00 each 6869 Quinjet: 2 x $34.00 each 9464 Vampire Hearse: 4 x $9.00 each 9463 Werewolf: 4 x $5.00 each 4439 Heavy-Duty Helicopter: 2 x $10.00 each 6860 Batcave: 4 x $17.00 each

Called a Wal-Mart that was in a rural area about 40 miles away and the csr in toys was actually very helpful - said that they were marking them down as she spoke. I asked, "How much off...10%...20%?". Her reply was "a ridiculous amount". So, I gathered up my two sons, ages 5 and 10 and we headed out. Man did we have a good haul! Here is what we ended up with:

6865 Captain America's Avenging Cycle: 5 x $3.00 each

6869 Quinjet: 2 x $34.00 each

9464 Vampire Hearse: 4 x $9.00 each

9463 Werewolf: 4 x $5.00 each

4439 Heavy-Duty Helicopter: 2 x $10.00 each

6860 Batcave: 4 x $17.00 each

Middle of nowhere Walmarts aren't usually known for both their insane price drops AND customer service. I can't even get someone from the toy department on the phone, much less ask them about pricing. Grats to you on both counts. The Walmart that does insane clearance near me still has jerks, but it helps because I believe their ignorance on LEGO is a factor in how deeply discounted the sets are.

Thanks, yeah, my luck is usually the same - I call just because I don't want to drive an hour one-way for nothing, then I get put on eternal hold, then I get someone in electronics and they walk over to toys and come back with very vague information. In this case, I was pleasantly surprised.