What Lego set did you buy today?

1 hour ago, mattjay said:

Lonely mountain for €115...not the best of deal and I still wonder whether to return.

You do that and I will fly over to Holland, come round to your house where ever you live and smack you around the head.

Smaug is selling for nearly that on Ebay on his own already.

• Like 1

I loaded up on remaining holiday baubles left over in the sale section of my Lego store. $3.99 each and I got about 4 or 5 of each. Do these do well? I am thinking putting these up for sale early fall just in time for the Christmas season. Maybe I'll add them as bonus items for sets I sell later on.

850850-1: LEGO SANTA HOLIDAY BAUBLE

850851-1: LEGO TREE HOLIDAY BAUBLE

850949-1: CHRISTMAS SNOW HUT ORNAMENT

1 hour ago, MrToes16 said:

I loaded up on remaining holiday baubles left over in the sale section of my Lego store. $3.99 each and I got about 4 or 5 of each. Do these do well? I am thinking putting these up for sale early fall just in time for the Christmas season. Maybe I'll add them as bonus items for sets I sell later on.

850850-1: LEGO SANTA HOLIDAY BAUBLE

850851-1: LEGO TREE HOLIDAY BAUBLE

850949-1: CHRISTMAS SNOW HUT ORNAMENT

I was selling some for $10-12 each 

5x Birds 31.48 ea

after reading reviews and thinking about it for a while im convinced these will appreciate nicely... They are great display pieces for adults and i see that as the #1 factor when selling on the second market. i like batman, and dont even like birds very much and i would rather have these on display in my home than a tumbler.

8 minutes ago, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

5x Birds 31.48 ea

after reading reviews and thinking about it for a while im convinced these will appreciate nicely... They are great display pieces for adults and i see that as the #1 factor when selling on the second market. i like batman, and dont even like birds very much and i would rather have these on display in my home than a tumbler.

Where? Lol

Bought my 43-rd copy of 70816 Benny's spaceship for $48. Just couldn't help myself. Main reason I bought this since it was the last copy at my local TRU and it had been staring me down for a month now. For the extra 15% off dropping it to $48 I just had to get it. Maybe at some point in the next decade I'll be making some money of these 43 copies...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Brick said:

Bought my 43-rd copy of 70816 Benny's spaceship for $48. Just couldn't help myself. Main reason I bought this since it was the last copy at my local TRU and it had been staring me down for a month now. For the extra 15% off dropping it to $48 I just had to get it. Maybe at some point in the next decade I'll be making some money of these 43 copies...

43??? You must have some storage space! Kudos!

I picked up The Lonely Mountain 79018 for $138 with tax included in that price. Box was a little dinged up, but it had been sitting at B & N since last week. Smaug was calling to me. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dr. Brick said:

I know there's an exceptional amount of hate ( and inventory) for this set but it is absolutely worth $100.

Even without the lego movie, that ship is worth $100 as a classic space tribute. Maybe more.  And if you like the lego movie the figures are probably worth 50 bucks Someday. In fact, now that I wonder if parting out this set is the winning strategy.  You can maximize your profit by talking to the two different audiences in the same set.  They don't necessarily overlap. If there was a classic space retro set released that looked exactly like this it would sell for $99+ with generic space figures and people would buy it.

I don't see any way you're going to lose out on this deal unless you are forced to become impatient.

I think the incredible availability of the set is warping people's view of the value of the set itself. Its like the exact opposite of the Town Hall. People hated the Town Hall, (boring, feels out of scale, boring) then it was unavailable and they loved it.  Now they become insanely expensive and people remember they didn't like it in the first place . I think Benny's spaceship is the exact opposite.

It's kind of like when people buy stocks and forget to do the homework on the actual fundamentals that drive stocknow price. 

Do with that what you will.

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, seth78 said:

43??? You must have some storage space! Kudos!

I picked up The Lonely Mountain 79018 for $138 with tax included in that price. Box was a little dinged up, but it had been sitting at B & N since last week. Smaug was calling to me. 

I bought my last 3 copies of the Lonely Mountain for $98 at the Orlando Lego Store when they had them on sale back in October or so. I think I have 6 or so copiea of those. Those will be going into my long hold vault as well

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dr. Brick said:

I bought my last 3 copies of the Lonely Mountain for $98 at the Orlando Lego Store when they had them on sale back in October or so. I think I have 6 or so copiea of those. Those will be going into my long hold vault as well

Aside from Benny's Spaceship at TRU, have yet to get a solid discount on a set. Wish I could have paid $98. Still, seems like it should work out in the long run. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

I know there's an exceptional amount of hate ( and inventory) for this set but it is absolutely worth $100.

Even without the lego movie, that ship is worth $100 as a classic space tribute. Maybe more.  And if you like the lego movie the figures are probably worth 50 bucks Someday. 

I don't see any way you're going to lose out on this deal unless you are forced to become impatient.

I think the incredible availability of the set is warping people's view of the value of the set itself. Its like the exact opposite of the Town Hall. People hated the Town Hall, (boring, feels out of scale, boring) then it was unavailable and they loved it.  Now they become insanely expensive and people remember they didn't like it in the first place . I think Benny's spaceship is the exact opposite.

It's kind of like when people buy stocks and forget to do the homework on the actual fundamentals that drive stocknow price. 

Actually, that's why I really like this set. Because of the vintage space look. I grew up with that vintage space lego Nd juat couldn't believe how relatively cheap this set is. With all the minifigures and the pieces count. I feel confident that this will become a $150~$200 set within the next 12-18 months. I'm a long term holder so I probably won't sell these till 2018 or so. I'm just now starting to sell some of mine 2012-2013 sets

16 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

Even without the lego movie, that ship is worth $100 as a classic space tribute. Maybe more.  And if you like the lego movie the figures are probably worth 50 bucks Someday. In fact, now that I wonder if parting out this set is the winning strategy.  You can maximize your profit by talking to the two different audiences in the same set.  They don't necessarily overlap. If there was a classic space retro set released that looked exactly like this it would sell for $99+ with generic space figures and people would buy it.

I love it, it was very fun to build even with all of the clear stickers 

• Like 2

I bought my 5 year old a nexo knight set. It is actually really neat, and the app is entertaining also!

my daughter got some friends party sets. Not bad for $4.99

I also bought all 10 hulk poly bags left from toys r us and 6 birds sets. I really like the birds sets and could see people wanting them as gifts as that is what I will do with them if they don't go up in value over the next few years, although I highly doubt they won't at least double. They look great and appeal to more people than just lego collectors. My grandma even likes it!

• Like 1