What Lego set did you buy today?

Tumblers were back in stock on the online US target for about 30 mins, saw that thanks to plastic passion on the 'Daily LEGO Deals - USA/CANADA' thread. Clicked add to cart, filled everything out, clicked finish, and they had just gone out of stock.... :mad:

10x 79015 Witch King Battles $10.57 CAD each w/ tax, today's exchange rate = $7.27 USD each for all of you south of the border folks...

And not technically bought today, but delivered today, a 10193 Medieval Market Village. This set has been on my radar/back burner want list since I came out of my dark ages a couple years back. Found a damaged resealed box (sealed bags) I thought to be a reasonable rate on Bricklink for $155 US. Ended up paying an arm and a leg in duties through UPS though, which kind of killed the 'deal', but still reasonably stoked with the purchase. It's fun to be the buyer sometimes, pay the reseller rates to get the goods. Good for perspective and all that. Not good for the wallet. But... cows.

Guest ph4tb0i
10 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

10x 79015 Witch King Battles $10.57 CAD each w/ tax, today's exchange rate = $7.27 USD each for all of you south of the border folks...

And not technically bought today, but delivered today, a 10193 Medieval Market Village. This set has been on my radar/back burner want list since I came out of my dark ages a couple years back. Found a damaged resealed box (sealed bags) I thought to be a reasonable rate on Bricklink for $155 US. Ended up paying an arm and a leg in duties through UPS though, which kind of killed the 'deal', but still reasonably stoked with the purchase. It's fun to be the buyer sometimes, pay the reseller rates to get the goods. Good for perspective and all that. Not good for the wallet. But... cows.

Try to clear customs on your own if you can next time: 

http://trueler.com/2010/11/24/self-clear-shipment-cbsa-avoid-ups-brokerage-fee/

7 hours ago, seth78 said:

I bought two more tumblers at a lego store. I think they had a few more as well. I had two others I flipped real quick on ebay. After fees and shipping my profit will be a fraction of what it should be. I may hang on to these two. 

Flipping them already? *facepalm*

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

1 Crooks' Hideout for 34.98

2 Sir Fangar's Ice Fortress for 17.48 ea

30 (more) cowler dragons 1.18 ea 

Did your Ice Fortresses already shift out of "In Warehouse" status? I'm cautious on reporting on my 5 at $17.48 ea because I know that anything is still possible while "In Warehouse" - I hope they shift soon to "Shipped", which would mean I really do get them (as I had to do Call to Check).

Found another Tesco today stocking the reduced to clear Jokerland for £63 (£56 after staff discount) and also the Friends Grand Hotel for £70 (£63 after staff discount). Grabbed 1 Jokerland (to add to the one I got the other day) and also 2 Grand Hotels. That's my lot on those sets. The Grand Hotel is not to my taste really but It'll be fun to see what happens after it retires one day, and can't really go wrong at that price (I hope).

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

Did your Ice Fortresses already shift out of "In Warehouse" status? I'm cautious on reporting on my 5 at $17.48 ea because I know that anything is still possible while "In Warehouse" - I hope they shift soon to "Shipped", which would mean I really do get them (as I had to do Call to Check).

No I have not got an update, but keeping my fingers crossed. Strangely enough they didn't even warn me about that scenario when I called, but luckily I already know the routine