What Lego set did you buy today?

I got 2 mos cantinas from target yesterday, online order from a week ago.

I was kind of feeling down on paying retail for these online. SO HAPPY when I found out I got the store Clearance price of $49 on pickup. I have 3 more coming to the same store (hopefully).

But now I'm kicking myself again. Just for curiosity sake I printed out the bar code and brought it to a different target to see what it would scan, and it's $35 there. This store is actually a closer drive then the $49 store. UGH I could have had them all sent to the $35 store. Any thoughts on ideas for getting the $35 price matched store-to-store upon p/u of the other 3?

Edited by rdandy5875
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, rdandy5875 said:

I was kind of feeling down on paying retail for these online. SO HAPPY when I found out I got the store Clearance price of $49 on pickup. I have 3 more coming to the same store (hopefully).

But now I'm kicking myself again. Just for curiosity sake I printed out the bar code and brought it to a different target to see what it would scan, and it's $35 there. This store is actually a closer drive then the $49 store. UGH I could have had them all sent to the $35 store. Any thoughts on ideas for getting the $35 price matched store-to-store upon p/u of the other 3?

take that as a lesson learned and choose store accordingly. but what you are suggesting is stock manipulation and is frowned upon. 

this discussion belong in an ethical thread. 

please be happy with the break you received.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rdandy5875 said:

I've casually asked a Target manager about the differences in clearance prices a few days ago (I think I posted about it here or in the Clearance thread) ... Has to do with demographic of the store, and no they do not match clearance prices. I have 3 Targets in a 5 mile radius from my house, and only one of them has 50%+ clearance priced, the rest stops at 30%. Funnily enough the good clearance store is not in the worst area IMHO. Anyways, I'm keeping that store as my go-to location for deals on LEGO. That said, one of the other Targets gives better deals on clothing ....

Well I'm not talking about any stock manipulation, I wouldn't really know where to start with that.....but I am going to ask the manager at store $49 for a price match.

They could say yes, they could say no. Unethical?

There is absolutely NOTHING unethical about what you're suggesting.  You are buying merchandise from a store for a cheaper price than THE SAME store sells it across town.  This forum has plenty of people that scream UNETHICAL! at anyone that uses anything that drops the price below SRP.  Anyone that would call that unethical needs to look the word up because it doesn't apply to what you're asking about doing.

Well I'm not talking about any stock manipulation, I wouldn't really know where to start with that.....but I am going to ask the manager at store $49 for a price match.

They could say yes, they could say no. Unethical?

You can ask but AFAIK Target do not price match clearance items between stores.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Deanfjr said:

I found two Villa Savoye at my local B&N for retail debating scooping them up. I know they went on sale from Lego so retail is not a great deal,

also I dislike that B&N in store puts those security bands around the boxes and sometimes bends up the boxes a bit, although these were in pretty good shape. 

Thoughts?

let me just say that many architects would likely choose Savoye over fallingwater...

and its likely less hoarded.

1 hour ago, Loghamel said:

There is absolutely NOTHING unethical about what you're suggesting.  You are buying merchandise from a store for a cheaper price than THE SAME store sells it across town.  This forum has plenty of people that scream UNETHICAL! at anyone that uses anything that drops the price below SRP.  Anyone that would call that unethical needs to look the word up because it doesn't apply to what you're asking about doing.

Thanks everyone for the support.

Seems a price match won't be necessary.

I went to the $49 target and the bar code scanned @ $35. After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I went to CS, where a fine young lady manager (who very much makes me wish I was in my 20's again) greeted me, and I casually asked her about the situation, basically online vs store clearance. I didn't mention the prior pickup. After some walkie talkie talk, they said a button would pop up telling informing them there is a lower price, and if it there was a problem, to let them know who I spoke with today, and they would adjust it.

I just wish I knew why it rang @ $49 instead of $35 in the first place. I'm happy enough with 49 for those 2 I won't rock the boat, but I doubt they reduced the price on an OOS item within 2 days. Strange...

thanks again, I better get back to f5'ing the page now for more!!!

4 hours ago, Loghamel said:

there is nothing UNETHICAL about buying at a cheaper store.

we all know target store price and target online price are not the same, they may be but most likely not. store has a policy of matching online price to store (afaik NOT THE VICE VERSA). and definitely they don't match Store clearance price ONLINE.

now you are ordering online and taking to the store with LOWER PRICE and trying to have them reduce the price and you are TELLING ME this is NOT STOCK MANIPULATION.

you could call them and ask them i.e. online ordering or online customer service and see what the policy is. they would clearly state that they don't match STORE Price.

even in the same store they are NOT SUPPOSE to Adjust clearance price. i know it has been done but think carefully about what you are doing. if one is doing that for "1" (single) quantity no one cares. if you are doing for "multiple" quantities of the same item. people take notice.

Yes you might get it done once, twice but then heavy hammer will fall.

Edited by newbie77

2 hours ago, newbie77 said:

there is nothing UNETHICAL about buying at a cheaper store.

we all know target store price and target online price are not the same, they may be but most likely not. store has a policy of matching online price to store (afaik NOT THE VICE VERSA). and definitely they don't match Store clearance price ONLINE.

now you are ordering online and taking to the store with LOWER PRICE and trying to have them reduce the price and you are TELLING ME this is NOT STOCK MANIPULATION.

you could call them and ask them i.e. online ordering or online customer service and see what the policy is. they would clearly state that they don't match STORE Price.

even in the same store they are NOT SUPPOSE to Adjust clearance price. i know it has been done but think carefully about what you are doing. if one is doing that for "1" (single) quantity no one cares. if you are doing for "multiple" quantities of the same item. people take notice.

Yes you might get it done once, twice but then heavy hammer will fall.

That's not what he asked... he asked if the store he BOUGHT it from would PRICE MATCH the cheaper store.

And I quote...

Any thoughts on ideas for getting the $35 price matched store-to-store upon p/u of the other 3?

Let me translate... "When I pick up the other 3 from the store I ordered them to be delivered to, is there any way to have them price match the store that had them on for $35? I only took a copy of the barcode to the other store to see what price they scanned at. I have not bought any at that store nor have I returned and repurchased at another store."

ANY MORE DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS MAY BE DELETED

• Like 1