What Lego set did you buy today?

On 1/11/2016 at 0:39 PM, justapilgrim said:

Southcenter my favorite

My daughter (who is 7 1/2) found a torso in the minifig build area at the Southcenter store and she really wanted it, but I didn't want to spend $10 on other parts just so she could get that torso. She went and asked a clerk if she could buy just that torso and he told her she could just keep it. She was so excited. I like the Southcenter store the best too.

Edited by meganr
fixing auto corrected text
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, BP said:

4 x Ant-man Final battle for 19,99 euro. 

1 Ghostbuster Ecto & seasonal valentine bunny  LEGO Shop at Home

50 C3PO's with red arm

Nice Find. I misread this at first and thought you sold those 50 for rrp.

Anyone have a DCPI for Series 15 yet?

Edited by 167pilot

2 hours ago, BP said:

What does DCPI mean? It's not on the abbreviations list nor on this google list: http://www.abbreviations.com/DCPI  :D

DPCI numbers are what Target uses to track inventory, and therefore the codes used on this site's tracker. All Lego is 204-00-XXXX.

DCPI stands for Dyslexia Can't Prevent Intelligence or something like that...

7 minutes ago, Grynn said:

DPCI numbers are what Target uses to track inventory, and therefore the codes used on this site's tracker. All Lego is 204-00-XXXX.

DCPI stands for Dyslexia Can't Prevent Intelligence or something like that...

Dumb Clueless Poor Individual

Anyhoot - there are multiple items under the same DCPI, at least in regards to polybags. I was in the only Target in my neighborhood that carries Poe's X-Wing's poly, and found 13 at the counters, but wanted more. Picked up the courage to ask a team of store managers, they told me they had 50 more in the back. "How many do you want?" she asked first, then added "Or do you want all of them?". I said "Yes" and she sent someone out to pick them .... when she came back it was a basket full of City space poly's ... yikes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Phil B said:

Dumb Clueless Poor Individual

Anyhoot - there are multiple items under the same DCPI, at least in regards to polybags. I was in the only Target in my neighborhood that carries Poe's X-Wing's poly, and found 13 at the counters, but wanted more. Picked up the courage to ask a team of store managers, they told me they had 50 more in the back. "How many do you want?" she asked first, then added "Or do you want all of them?". I said "Yes" and she sent someone out to pick them .... when she came back it was a basket full of City space poly's ... yikes.

I don't know much about polys but I saw both the Poe X-Wing and Tie Fighter Polys at my Target...are these good buys for investments? Or are they quick flips only? Should I get some? Thanks

6 minutes ago, BJ said:

I don't know much about polys but I saw both the Poe X-Wing and Tie Fighter Polys at my Target...are these good buys for investments? Or are they quick flips only? Should I get some? Thanks

You can try to quick flip them but I think these have been out since December.  The window is probably over for flipping these. I don't see why these wouldn't be profitable down the road. Who doesn't love an X-Wing? Especially a new X-Wing from the newest movie? I say go for it.

11 minutes ago, legodelorean said:

You can try to quick flip them but I think these have been out since December.  The window is probably over for flipping these. I don't see why these wouldn't be profitable down the road. Who doesn't love an X-Wing? Especially a new X-Wing from the newest movie? I say go for it.

Thanks, maybe I'll pick up a couple. Is one more desirable/valuable than the other?

10 minutes ago, cory730 said:

I have sold about 20 of the Poe XWing for about avg $12 Amazon FBA. Comes out to almost 100% profit. You dont need to sell exclusives to make money. 

I'm not selling on Amazon but on eBay, and hence don't quite make 100%, but after fees and shipping my profit comes out to about 70% (I list them for $7.99). The secret is in selling them as bulk lots - seems like Asian buyers want this stuff badly and that way they get a decent deal on shipping using the GSP. Keeping my price relatively low as I am just starting out ... trying to get some feedback going.

14 minutes ago, cory730 said:

You dont need to sell exclusives to make money. 

... and by selling polys you are not investing a ton of money either to get some sales going ... great way to test the waters ....

6 minutes ago, BJ said:

I found two Villa Savoye at my local B&N for retail debating scooping them up. I know they went on sale from Lego so retail is not a great deal,

also I dislike that B&N in store puts those security bands around the boxes and sometimes bends up the boxes a bit, although these were in pretty good shape. 

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, Deanfjr said:

I found two Villa Savoye at my local B&N for retail debating scooping them up. I know they went on sale from Lego so retail is not a great deal,

also I dislike that B&N in store puts those security bands around the boxes and sometimes bends up the boxes a bit, although these were in pretty good shape. 

Thoughts?

I'd be tempted and at least think about it. Most of the listings on eBay seem to start at around $100 this week and that's with supply still available in the wild. It's one of the bigger and nicer architecture sets in my humble opinion. I will happily pick up any I see at BN or BAM with my 10% member discount. Im hoping for some  BN coupon voodoo to go my way tomorrow to pick up another $50. I've had a lot of action on architect sets here lately so I'm optimistic.