What Lego set did you buy today?

Hello there. Been lurking for a few weeks but just signed up. I'm from the Birmingham area of the UK and just bought a couple of the 31026 - Bike Shop & Cafe sets for £65 each at Smyths locally (only 1 set left at each of my local stores now and the boxes were a bit tatty, Toys R Us had 1 left also). Looking to buy a few sets here and there and maybe make £20-30 very occasionally if possible (I know that's not guaranteed). Just wacked 'em up the loft so will see what happens in the coming months/years. I will be buying more along the way but nothing too serious (hopefully). Nearly bought a Tumbler just before Christmas but thought I'd wait a couple of weeks and now I'm regretting not grabbing one. I'm already learning. Look forward to sticking around and hopefully picking up a few tips here and there and will also let people know how I get on :)

• Like 1

I bought  a seasonal " Cupid dog" set, 3 Architecture sets ( Eiffel Tower, Trevi Fountain, and Louve). Also two friends Key Chains for my daughter. lol    I was amazed by how big the Ghostbuster box is, that bad is big and has some weight.  I may purchase that when Double VIP rolls around, it looks like a fun build.. 

6 minutes ago, house72 said:

I bought  a seasonal " Cupid dog" set, 3 Architecture sets ( Eiffel Tower, Trevi Fountain, and Louve). Also two friends Key Chains for my daughter. lol    I was amazed by how big the Ghostbuster box is, that bad is big and has some weight.  I may purchase that when Double VIP rolls around, it looks like a fun build.. 

That box is HUGE indeed. At my LEGO B&M store they don't even stock it on the shelves, you have to ask for it and they take it from the back :) Feels kinda naughty :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Phil B said:

That box is HUGE indeed. At my LEGO B&M store they don't even stock it on the shelves, you have to ask for it and they take it from the back :) Feels kinda naughty :)

They had one on the shelf, I'm sure the rest are in the back.. I think I'm going to wait as I stated before. I was going to buy a few other sets, but didn't.  I have a few hundred in points, waiting to be spent. lol  

Went to a Lego store for the first time ever yesterday and left underwhelmed as I thought I would leave having spent a few hundred and only spent $20.  I guess I was expecting too much which I tend to do with most things in my life but there just wasn't much I wanted to drop money on.  My daughters built a few figs but even there the selection wasn't the best as I had a hard time trying to find any girl heads.  For those in my area (pacific northwest) I went to the Bellevue store and maybe the whole atmosphere turned me off so I will give the other two (Alderwood and Southcenter) in the area a chance.

• Like 1

Going to my local Lego store tonight, I am coming home with 1 of 3 Star Wars Sets:

75059 Sandcrawler

10236 Ewok Village

75060 Slave I

For investment long term, what would you buy and why? (I think I am leaning between Slave I or Sandcrawler)

Rep me please new guy here :)

Edited by Deanfjr

11 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

Going to my local Lego store tonight, I am coming home with 1 of 3 Star Wars Sets:

75059 Sandcrawler

10236 Ewok Village

75060 Slave I

For investment long term, what would you buy and why? (I think I am leaning between Slave I or Sandcrawler)

Rep me please new guy here :)

I would buy the Ewok Village. Lots of speculation that this is retiring soon, so even though it's still widely available now, opportunities to pick one up may be going way. This is a great set that was fun to build, has a high level of playability for the kids, has great minifigures, and also looks very cool.

Long term I think Slave I will be awesome - we built this set just this past weekend and it's beautiful - but it should be around for quite awhile still. If you buy it now it could be a very long hold time before you could potentially realize any decent profits, especially considering that this set is going to be super duper hoarded.

I've always felt pretty meh about the Sandcrawler - I'm sure others may argue, but I don't see this set being as appealing as the Ewok Village after retirement. That one's more of a gut feel. That being said, if enough people are of like mind then maybe that makes this one a winner - fewer people holding copies after retirement. Clear as mud? ;)

• Like 1

Went to a Lego store for the first time ever yesterday and left underwhelmed as I thought I would leave having spent a few hundred and only spent $20.  I guess I was expecting too much which I tend to do with most things in my life but there just wasn't much I wanted to drop money on.  My daughters built a few figs but even there the selection wasn't the best as I had a hard time trying to find any girl heads.  For those in my area (pacific northwest) I went to the Bellevue store and maybe the whole atmosphere turned me off so I will give the other two (Alderwood and Southcenter) in the area a chance.

Southcenter my favorite

• Like 2

I picked up 1 city training jet 60079 on clearance at meijer for 37.00 did not seem like the greatest deal, but would fit with my space station. Would anyone have bought more of this set? I may go back.

I also got some ninjago sets destiny bounty and a few more at 25% off. Many of you don't like ninjago for investment but I have had great luck with them. It helps that my son is 5 and most people that buy them from me are his buddies parents. After their kids watch these on Netflix they just have to have the old bad guys. Guess we all just have to know our target market

• Like 1