What Lego set did you buy today?

A Walmart near me had pulled out some old stock (they said they were emptying a container or something). I found and bought the following: -Two boxes of Fangpyre Truck Ambush sets at $15.00 a box -One box of The Battle Of Helm's Deep set at $25.00 -Five boxes of Attack on Weathertop sets at $20.00 a box (these were in their normal clearance section) A couple weeks ago at this same location I picked up three Queen Anne's Revenge sets for $39.99 a box as well as another Battle of Helm's Deep for $29.99, again on a 'container clearance cart'. I have no idea who is pricing these, but they have my highest regards, as do the CSMs I have to keep getting to authorize these insane deals at the register.

They must do a fairly poor job managing their store if they have all these sets lying around, and the prices they sell them for, they might as well just give them away, they are loosing a ton of money on those. How many sets do they need to sell at normal price to accommodate a set sold at 80% off? I love that deals like that turn up though! Happy hunting!

Out of fear of breaking my luck streak I'll leave my location as "An economically weak part of the country that doesn't have a strong LEGO demand". It's making sourcing a breeze for me. As for the particular insane clearance store....I have no idea. While inquiring about it at another Walmart, I learned thr district manager for my area is there, so perhaps it has something to do with that. Or maybe someone with the sticker gun hates his company....or maybe he's sticking them to take advantage for himself later and I'm beating him to it? Honestly it could be anything. Even the store's employees I talked to didn't know, but I get the feeling nobody really understands LEGO around here.Their ignorance is my bliss in this case, I suppose!

Let's see how many jaws drop when they see this:

5 URUK HAI ARMIES AT 5 DOLLA A PIECE! =D

Not fair! Wherrrrrrreeeer?

I got 1 shelob attacks at target for $14, on too of the one I got last night. 4th one I've found after checking 5-6 targets.

Guest eightbrick

Let's see how many jaws drop when they see this:

5 URUK HAI ARMIES AT 5 DOLLA A PIECE! =D

WHERE ART THOU?

Guest ph4tb0i

WHERE ART THOU?

Canada.... :P

It was a store clearance. Won't name which store as I don't want people (e.***. Brickpicker Lurkers) from the other side of town flooding in. :p

Probably a return? Crazy how that would still be sitting there

Before I was an investor, my uninformed self passed probably a shelf full of those last year at just about every Walmart I visited. I kept thinking to myself "Wow that's the ugliest most boring set ever, no wonder it didn't do well here."

Little did I know...

Before I was an investor, my uninformed self passed probably a shelf full of those last year at just about every Walmart I visited. I kept thinking to myself "Wow that's the ugliest most boring set ever, no wonder it didn't do well here."

Little did I know...

I actually really like it. I am sitting on 9 of them, all at retail sadly (B&****** doesn't clearance). They are a fun build, and I feel actually do the movie justice.

Little did I know...

Yah mon, you missed out on da cha ching, mon.

shrunken head on the bus

Little did I know...

It is amusing how 'in the know' I have become ever since I joined BrickPicker. I wasn't a doofus before but honestly had little to no idea about store exclusives or special deals and the like. Heck, if hadn't joined, I probably still wouldn't be a smoosher, or know of certain polybags, or ever found that Chase McCain preorder at Target. The mind doth boggle. :ohh:

Friends

Olivia's Tree House

City Park Cafe

Squirrel's Tree House

Turtle's Little Oasis

Star Wars

Ewok Attack

There was only one left of this in Target and when I price scanned it, nothing came up. The display said "item not in system" or something. I took it to an employee which then went to customer service and they couldn't find it in the database or if they offered the item at the online store. Seems it was some leftover clearance and they offered me the least they could which was (wait for it.......) $5.98 and NO TAX! I gave them $6 in cash and done was done! I just got a $24.99 set for $6! WHOOHOO!

Out of all my retailers, Target was the only one that had Series 10.

Got a whole complete set in one go so I'm pretty much set and pleased with myself.