What Lego set did you buy today?

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

That guy is an idiot.  Disneyland offers package pick up.  And lockers.  And I bet he could have had them hold it at the Lego Store if he asked nicely.  Or, worst case - hike it back to your car and drop it off.  Why did he need to carry it around with him all day?

The sad thing about the Downtown Disney Lego store is that they will hold something for you all day if you HAVEN'T paid for it, but if you have paid the liability issue prevents them from holding it. I learned this the hard way (though I was parked in Simba so it wasn't too bad a schlep). What I should have done was said, "Okay, I'd like to return this," right there at checkout. I remember them holding purchases before so they must have had an issue that instigated a policy change. Not sure if Disney will do package pickup on items that aren't from Disney stores.

22 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm not an Annual Passholder anymore, but was from 93-12. I guess I find walking around the park with this to be more cumbersome than taking it back to the car.

Maybe it's the Reddit cynic in me - I can see this guy just doing it for some sweet, sweet Reddit karma. I doubt this guy really walked around the park all day.

Eh, whatever. I'm just going to admit I'm an old man and Disneyland just annoys me these days.

Disneyland annoys me and I'm 20 :P

Made my first Lego Shop purchases of 2016, some of these new sets are super cool:

76045 Kryptonite Interception x2

60131 Crooks Island x1

60118 Garbage Truck x2

60117 Van & Caravan x2

Brick Bank will have to be during a point multiplier promo, that set is awesome.

Guest brickcrazyhouse
8 minutes ago, legodelorean said:

You made my day with this post. Hella funny!

oh I miss hearing the word hella, thanks legodelorean

12 hours ago, Codes said:

1 x 79018 - The Lonely Mountain - $136.50 CAD - TRU Canada (Box has some damage, though).

1 x 60059 - Logging Truck - $13.05 CAD - Clearance at Canadian Tire

I need to stop buying.

Hi Codes,

Was the lonely mountain on clearance? or you get the discount because of the box damage?

It's my day off and my night to cook. My wife sent me to the store. $700 and 9 shuttle tydiriums later I'm home. $74 each. I just went for some noodles and a can of cream of mushroom soup. It's all her fault.

I'm actually glad I found these. I don't have any yet and my TRU is out so I was not able to get any through TRUTH. These were not showing at all on my Walmart app, so I guess I'll go check my other two for more.

• Like 9